Bbc and Netflix

DarloKnight

^This, I've been using it since it launched in Thailand and the streaming quality seems fine. I'm told that the Thai subscribers' selection is limited but if your daughter has a US subscription then maybe she'll have access to all US programming.

^This, I've been using it since it launched in Thailand and the streaming quality seems fine. I'm told that the Thai subscribers' selection is limited but if your daughter has a US subscription then maybe she'll have access to all US programming.

"Thai subscribers' selection is limited ".....sure is, catering to the Lowest Common Denominator.

Nope - that's not how it works. You get the programming based on your location, not where your account is from.

Use DNS fix for BBC iPlayer, gets around the speed limits of a VPN. Unotelly DNS works still and you get a weeks free trial for every email you enroll with.

Or use Kodi Mike1234 BBCiPlayer addon and it works with built in network links and no need for other VPN or DNS.

Where would I find that particular Kodi add-on please?

Use DNS fix for BBC iPlayer, gets around the speed limits of a VPN. Unotelly DNS works still and you get a weeks free trial for every email you enroll with.

Or use Kodi Mike1234 BBCiPlayer addon and it works with built in network links and no need for other VPN or DNS.

Where would I find that particular Kodi add-on please?

In the Xunitytalk repo. https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-all-in-one-kodi-xbmc/

I've tried that iPlayer addon - without a VPN I get an error when it tries to load the list of stream links.

Oddly, if I use a VPN, let it load the links, then disconnect the VPN, it will happily play them - but I can't access the links without the VPN.

I've tried that iPlayer addon - without a VPN I get an error when it tries to load the list of stream links.

Oddly, if I use a VPN, let it load the links, then disconnect the VPN, it will happily play them - but I can't access the links without the VPN.

You don't need an external third party VPN or DNS service to see the streams. Maybe you haven't enabled VPN in the addon internal settings? Then you should get a list of streams to choose and I find the LIMELIGHT options (either 1500kbps or 400kbps) works for me. The lower speed always more reliable but reduced image quality.