Has Pattaya bridge raid gone viral Please do let us know

prk888

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where i am from bridge is held regularly in local churchs. This is just to stupid to believe.It may have been done to show they will get foreigners and put them away for anything perhaps under article 4 or any and all things they can dream up.

Do you think in the future grand parents may tell their children donot go Thailand because of things like this.

Edited by lovelomsak

They have an international corruption table that lists Thailand as one of the worst developing countries for corruption and graft.

And these numpties believe it's a good idea to raid a bunch of old fogeys playing bridge on a sunny afternoon.

Would somebody please start a table of the most idiotic governments in the developing world - Thailand would win, and based on points, it would be a long way to second place.

And these prats actually uploaded the lunacy to Youtube themselves!! As if they think they did a smart thing!! blink.pngblink.pngblink.png

There's stupid, and then there's really stupid, but Baby, it just don't get any more stupid than this.

Must go, me and my mates are playing Texas holdem tonight and I can't be late as we use my chips. PM me for the address. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

But, but ... you're playing golf tomorrow, and you're going to be up all night on the chips? Damn tough kiwis.

Where i am from bridge is held regularly in local churchs. This is just to stupid to believe.It may have been done to show they will get foreigners and put them away for anything perhaps under article 4 or any and all things they can dream up.

They also clamped down on Hi-Lo at the wats during funerals - so they can't be accused of discrimination!

Even TIME covers it... That this goes beyond viral shows how the world is looking at this foolish action.

http://time.com/4207667/bridge-thailand/

Together with this also today

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/04/thai-elephant-attack-spotlight-abuses-animal-tourism

Makes you wonder if Thailand perhaps has a HUGE PR problem.

They have an international corruption table that lists Thailand as one of the worst developing countries for corruption and graft.

And these numpties believe it's a good idea to raid a bunch of old fogeys playing bridge on a sunny afternoon.

Would somebody please start a table of the most idiotic governments in the developing world - Thailand would win, and based on points, it would be a long way to second place.

And these prats actually uploaded the lunacy to Youtube themselves!! As if they think they did a smart thing!! blink.pngblink.pngblink.png

There's stupid, and then there's really stupid, but Baby, it just don't get any more stupid than this.

Must go, me and my mates are playing Texas holdem tonight and I can't be late as we use my chips. PM me for the address. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

not wishing to pee on your parade but one definition of a fogey is " an extremely fussy, old-fashioned, or conservative person (esp in the phrase old fogey) "

I do not and will not see how from reading a press article you can apply this epithet to these folk who by playing bridge (something I never mastered) are using their brains first and foremost. Fussy? old fashioned? conservative? maybe, maybe not. Bunch of old fogeys - never !

Absolutely amazing how viral this goes...

I7wO5Sd.jpg

actually and in my opinion it is not amazing at all that it's gone viral so quickly.

Think about it.

Something amazing i reckon relates to something that is unexpected.

just read .............

A German woman was the last offender in custody on Thursday, refusing to sign a gambling confession as a prerequisite to being granted bail for 5,000 baht (approximately $140).

“I respect her because I feel like I should have done the same, but I didn't have the guts,” said Watson, who did not hesitate to confess his role as ringleader.

Well if not a British granny then a German lady is just fine in my book

my lovely bright Thai wife cannot understand why all this (worldwide) fuss.

Wonder if many Thais are actually interested or bothered.

A dead cert the police etc. involved wont be.

IMHO your wife will be in the minority. Most Thais that I know are extremely respectful and protective of the elderly (Thai or not) and will disagree with ill treatment of the elderly.

Maybe if your wife's 84 year old mother or grandmother was arrested, loaded onto a pick-up truck, and had to spend 12 hours in a police station, then pay 5,000 baht bail, for the heinous crime of possessing playing cards, she would have more empathy.

Edited by chickenslegs

just read .............

A German woman was the last offender in custody on Thursday, refusing to sign a gambling confession as a prerequisite to being granted bail for 5,000 baht (approximately $140).

I respect her because I feel like I should have done the same, but I didn't have the guts, said Watson, who did not hesitate to confess his role as ringleader.

The document will almost certainly be in Thai, so she is quite right not to sign it.

Been there before myself, although not for card playing.

They will give you a verbal translation, but things can get lost in doing so.

By signing, you are admitting that you have read it in full, and understand it.

The latest update is that the Pattaya police understand that they made a complete fool of themselves and that the paid bail money will be refunded to the people.

I do not believe it until I read it in the news and hear it from the bridge players themselves, I highly doubt they will get their money back .

The latest update is that the Pattaya police understand that they made a complete fool of themselves and that the paid bail money will be refunded to the people.

I do not believe it until I read it in the news and hear it from the bridge players themselves, I highly doubt they will get their money back .

"Bridge allows players to accumulate points rather than win money and Khunying Chodchoy vowed to fight any possible Court case in the future, on behalf of those arrested on Thursday, although one of the arrestees who does not wish to be named told Pattaya One that he was given verbal confirmation from the Police that the case will likely be dropped and the 5,000 Baht bail money each of the players paid will be returned."

Source: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/221299/confusion-and-anger-at-pattaya-bridge-club-raid/

First they need to be able to read then understand, then translate, so forget it, it's impossible for any Thai.

just read .............

I respect her because I feel like I should have done the same, but I didn't have the guts, said Watson, who did not hesitate to confess his role as ringleader.

The document will almost certainly be in Thai, so she is quite right not to sign it.
Been there before myself, although not for card playing.
They will give you a verbal translation, but things can get lost in doing so.
By signing, you are admitting that you have read it in full, and understand it.

Such a waste of police resources their time and energy would have a more beneficial impact if they stopped all the motorcycles been ridden with out helmets and a many without the rider having insurance or a licence...... Shame on them.... They are again showing the world they are a bunch if clowns

Whats the name of that old song "Doing What Comes Naturally"

I suspect there may be several high ranking BIB in Patts who got the poo poos because even higher in up in BKK told them to clean up their game . After the mandatory sulking they went through the list and crossed of the kick-backs from various businesses and the jet ski operators and all the other sources of Friday afternoon drinkies and that left the bad falung expat retirees who as every good BIB knows has lots of money and is often judgemental of the behaviour of the BIB - just like what i am doing now.

Must keep face now !!!