Helmetless Thai moped driver dead after collision with car driven by Russian man

rooster59

No matter if helmet or no helmet or driving style .... I really hope the Russian has a very good insurance policy as he will be big time paying his way out of this tragedy.

Not sure if it would really help, but it is for that kind of situation I have a dash cam!

I drive this road several times a week, and every time I drive it, some dumb shit Thai and Farang are crossing the center line on corners at speed like they are in the world cup of superbike racing. Not saying that is what happened this time. But...........

in my experience of Thailand road accidents, its seams that motorcycle verses Car in most cases

the car is the loser Farrang or Thai driver. does the Police have a thing about cars ?

The Thai thinking is that car owner must have money and/or good insurance so car should pay. My Thai wife always told me that if I have a crash, makes sures it's with a BMW or Benz. Never crash into a banged up old pick-up as they have no money ....

Years ago I had a m/bike crash with a Thai on his m/bike. Police decided in my favour but the Thai guy ran away and never paid my bike damages ...

I like your wife's idea. Now if she's got any advice on how to choose which vehicle you have your accident with I'd love to hear it. Maybe I've just been unlucky but I've never had the choice.

I would have thought there's a danger that if it's a Benz they might have influence with the police.

My wife was hit by a guy in an oldish pickup. She asked if he had insurance which he said he did. Turned out it was just road tax. Fortunately there wasn't much damage.