Two Koreas, two reactions after illegal rocket launch

webfact

Two Koreas, two reactions after illegal rocket launch
By Robert Hackwill

606x341_323510.jpg

PYONGYANG: -- In central Pyongyang, the North Korean capital, the news of the successful space shot was greeted with public pride and enthusiasm.

Giant screens showed special programmes complete with patriotic songs and spacey music to hail the achievement.

“I don’t know how to say how happy I felt, when I heard the news that the launch of the Bright Star satellite was successful. It made me really feel that we are such a powerful country,” said one young woman. A young man agreed with her:

“I feel very proud to be a university student of a country that excels in science and technology which can launch an earth satellite with its own technology. I will study harder to contribute to the development of our country with cutting-edge technology,” he said.

In South Korea however there was a very different reaction?. Few saw it as peaceful scientific progress that represented no threat.

“I think we need to unite with the international community so that North Korea does no nuclear tests and missile launches. I think we need more sanctions. I mean strongly effective sanctions,” said an older Seoul resident.

Others dismissed it as what they called routine northern provocation, and designed more for domestic political reasons.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-02-08

Why , who,or what made it an "illegal" launch?

Exactly my question...but let me hazard a guess...yoo ess ay and its sycophants? Yes I know the NK regime is led by a tyrannical, nihilist and mentally unstable family and its own cronies. However this crud of the superpowers / world police telling other countries what they can do on their sovereign territory is beyond a joke. Where were the protests when israel tested their capability? Where were the protests when the yooo esss carried out "sanctioned executions" in so many foreign lands/ Hypocrites.