Work permit for acting/modelling?

To be an actor in a Thai movie/Thai drama or doing modelling here, is it even possible to get a work permit for this? How much does it usually cost a company to pay for a work permit and how long does it usually take for them to get it? I can't imagine that it would be really beneficial for them to even try if that person is only going to do very short work for them.

You should have non-B Visa and WP even for a days work but... I have talked to a model once going to Vientiane for our visas with the same agency. As he said, how can a model get a non-B visa and WP because most of the time he has just 1 or 2 days work for each project, that means that he must have a new visa and WP for each project, return the WP and go to Laos for a tourist visa between each time he's working even if it's just for a day or two so it's just not a workable solution. Madonna on the other hand probably had a non-B visa and a WP just to sing for one night.
If you have work for a week or more I would highly recommend that you get everything in order.

The fees for a work permit are 750 baht for a 3 month one, 6 months 1500 baht and one year 3000 baht. In order to have the work permit issued would require a non-b visa.

This is INCORRECT YOU can get a WP on a Non O visa so a WP not does not need a B visa

The fees for a work permit are 750 baht for a 3 month one, 6 months 1500 baht and one year 3000 baht. In order to have the work permit issued would require a non-b visa.

This is INCORRECT YOU can get a WP on a Non O visa so a WP not does not need a B visa

My spot was for the OP and was correct for what was posted there.

My spot was for the OP and was correct for what was posted there.

IN my opinion The OP is asking 2 questions

1 is it even possible to get a work permit for this? the correct answer to this is YES there is the following Visa's B and non o 2 types of visa not just one as YOU stated

2 cost your answer correct

you as being a mod Should give correct and precise answers, your answer stating only a b visa, gives the impression that if you are an actor or model with a non o you can not get a work permit which is incorrect very poor advice by you.

I knew an International model.She would model in many countries.She would only be in Thailand for A week or 2 at A time.I believe

The agency she worked for took care of everything.don't have any idea how it would work for A lone wolf.I would ask your agency