SETV border run

If I can not get a METV and get a SETV instead can I go to Jomtien and get a 30 day extention without showing a flight booked to leave ? Also when at the end of the SETV can I do a border run to Cambodia by land or does it have to be a flight out of Thailand?

You would have to go a little further than the border to get a tourist visa.

Your best choice for getting another tourist visa is Vientiane Laos.

Does this have to be a flight or can this be done by land. Is it realistic for me to enter Thailand on July 7th 2016 and reapply for SETV until I am 50 in March 2107 ?

You would only use border runs if you have the METV. If you end up using 3 x SETV you can extend each 60 day stay by 30 days at immigration, but every 90 days you will need to exit and spend one night in a neighbouring country in order to buy a new SETV. As ubonjoe says Vientiane, Laos would be the best option.

You would only use border runs if you have the METV. If you end up using 3 x SETV you can extend each 60 day stay by 30 days at immigration, but every 90 days you will need to exit and spend one night in a neighbouring country in order to buy a new SETV. As ubonjoe says Vientiane, Laos would be the best option.

So when entering Laos would I need a return flight ticket to be admitted into Laos ? Can I go to Vientiane by coach with my girlfriend and stay the night and re apply a day later?

You would have to go a little further than the border to get a tourist visa.

Your best choice for getting another tourist visa is Vientiane Laos.

Does this have to be a flight or can this be done by land. Is it realistic for me to enter Thailand on July 7th 2016 and reapply for SETV until I am 50 in March 2107 ?
You can do it by land or air.

Yes you could stay here on SETV's until you're 50.

So when entering Laos would I need a return flight ticket to be admitted into Laos ? Can I go to Vientiane by coach with my girlfriend and stay the night and re apply a day later?

You would not need a ticket out of Laos to get a visa on arrival at at the border crossing to Laos.

You can travel to the bridge in Nong Khai however you want. Many people travel overnight, cross the border and apply for the visa at the consular section on the same morning they arrive then spend the night and pick up their visa in the afternoon.