90-day Reporting

I'm looking at TM.47 in preparation for my first 90-day report, and I see a space for ARRIVAL CARD NO. What exactly is this?

In my passport I only have the visa stamp issued from the U.S. (overstamped "USED") and on the opposite page an arrival stamp stating the class and the date of entry. What is the Arrival Card no.?

I'm looking at TM.47 in preparation for my first 90-day report, and I see a space for ARRIVAL CARD NO. What exactly is this?

In my passport I only have the visa stamp issued from the U.S. (overstamped "USED") and on the opposite page an arrival stamp stating the class and the date of entry. What is the Arrival Card no.?

You should have a TM.6 card stapled in your passport.

If you do not have one (i.e. you have lost it) then I suggest you contact Immigration asap...

You should have a TM.6 card stapled in your passport.

If you do not have one (i.e. you have lost it) then I suggest you contact Immigration asap...

Yes, there's a TM.6 card stapled, but it says DEPARTURE CARD in big block letters and it's blank. It does have a number stamped in the lower right-hand corner.

Am I being obtuse -- why would I assume this to be an ARRIVAL card when it says DEPARTURE?

It's arrival- and departure card you have to fill in. The immigration officer will keep the arrival part when you come into the country and the departure card is clipped to the boarding pass the airline keeps when you are leaving resp. the immigration officer keeps when you leav via a land border.

When you say, the card is blank, you probably did not fill in the details yet, do it before leaving.

It's arrival- and departure card you have to fill in. The immigration officer will keep the arrival part when you come into the country and the departure card is clipped to the boarding pass the airline keeps when you are leaving resp. the immigration officer keeps when you leav via a land border.

When you say, the card is blank, you probably did not fill in the details yet, do it before leaving.

I'm not departing anywhere. I just want to meet my 90-day reporting requirement and the TM.47 has a field for Arrival Card No. Is that the number that appears in lower right-hand corner of the DEPARTURE CARD?

I'm not departing anywhere. I just want to meet my 90-day reporting requirement and the TM.47 has a field for Arrival Card No. Is that the number that appears in lower right-hand corner of the DEPARTURE CARD?

Your arrival/departure card is stapled in your passport and will say this on one side .. the other side has the TM number at the top in larger writing... mine has 5 numbers.

Your arrival/departure card is stapled in your passport and will say this on one side .. the other side has the TM number at the top in larger writing... mine has 5 numbers.

Well, maybe they changed the form, because it sounds like your form looks different.

Mine's about 18cm x 8cm. In the upper left-hand corner in small type it reads TM.6. To the right of that it reads DEPARTURE CARD in bold block letters. There are fields for name, address, etc., all of which are blank at this point.

In the lower right-hand corner is a block that reads "For official use only". At the bottom of this area is a small alphanumeric number. In my case it is 2 letters followed by 5 numerals.

On the reverse side it has been stamped with my arrival date.

If you do not know what an arrival/departure card (TM.6) is wonder if you really need to be doing a 90 day address report. Have you been in Thailand for 90 days and have an extension of stay? The reason I ask is that the arrival card is a part of any extension of stay process.

If you are here on visa entry only, for periods of 90 days or less, you do not do 90 day address reports.

Your first 90 day address report is normally your TM.7 application for extension of stay.

The important stamp in your passport is your permitted to stay until (that stamp that has your arrival date also has a date you must leave by).

Yes, but better you write the letters also for example GL #####, so I was informed last time as I wrote only the numbers.

Edited by eugengeri

That is absolutely classic :o:D

This bit of white cardboard can be a pain especially if u use the passport a lot ( hotels / money Xchange etc etc ) but it is pretty important. it says ' welcome to the kingdom of thailand' and below arrivals / departures card on one side, and your signature should be on t'other side with a handwritten alpha numeric number on top.

When I first came to Thailand , my flight was changed so my GF was not there to meet me, it was so daunting to see all these people of similar appearance in the airport that I had to run back and phone my friend in UK to ask what to do ( he of heavy experience in Thailand ). He said just go to The Rose Hotel and she will find you :D:D

The two letters and five numbers is your arrival card number.

OK, got it. I just wondered how I would know how something that said DEPARTURE CARD would really be the ARRIVAL CARD in the eyes of Thai Immigration.

As an aside, I just wonder what it's like for aliens dealing with immigration in my home country (U.S.). I mean, the scale of the U.S. bureacracy is mind boggling. And they're big on enforcing every specific rule and procedure -- no matter how inane.

I will write this slowly as I do not think you can read very fast. The TM6 card is the two part arrival/departure card with identical numbers on both parts. When you arrive in Thailand, the Immigration Department keep the arrival part and your 90 day reporting starts from that date. Are you following so far? The other half of your arrival/departure card is stapled into your passport This part says 'departure' on it and will be handed in at the airport when you leave (depart). If the TM47 had space to write arrival/departure card, would your question then be 'What is an arrival/departure card?'

If you look at the departure portion of the card, it will also have an arrival stamp on it. You only need to fill in the details on the card when you are leaving Thailand. The number that you need is the one in the bottom right corner. Do you want me to go through it one more time?

OK. After going back in your posts find you arrived with an O-A visa so you have not had to make an extension of stay here yet. At least you now know what a TM.6 arrival/departure card is - you will need to make a copy of the most current one when you extend your stay next year.