webfact

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is one of the rare policies I support

For those who enjoy the cigarettes ....paying more is not taking any rights away

Only for the poor who may just have one pleasure in life....

Now im a smoker but if your only pleasure in life is a cigarette then thats sad. If there that poor they usually smoke rolls ups. I dont care either was still cheaper than back in the UK and I can afford it but wish governments wouldnt lie and say its do with the health of the public. And wish they had at least given notice. I would have stocked up on a years supply.

Why sad....?......

What's your only pleasure in life then..?

It is sad because that only pleasure

Is slowly killing you.

That is fact not fiction

I have news for you. And its not a widely know but its true. Ready......... big drum role........... "non smokers die everyday" Fact.......

This is one of the rare policies I support

For those who enjoy the cigarettes ....paying more is not taking any rights away

Only for the poor who may just have one pleasure in life....

Now im a smoker but if your only pleasure in life is a cigarette then thats sad. If there that poor they usually smoke rolls ups. I dont care either was still cheaper than back in the UK and I can afford it but wish governments wouldnt lie and say its do with the health of the public. And wish they had at least given notice. I would have stocked up on a years supply.

Why sad....?......

What's your only pleasure in life then..?

It is sad because that only pleasure

Is slowly killing you.

That is fact not fiction

I have news for you. And its not a widely know but its true. Ready......... big drum role........... "non smokers die everyday" Fact.......

Hahahhah nothing new there but most non smokers don't die with cancer or a hefty hospital bill

Smokers pollute the air I breath in and should be taxed to the max. Raise it another 100 baht.

Even if they went up 500b I would still get great pleasure from blowing smoke into the face of the likes of you.

Typical arrogant reply from the likes of you.

I know the smokers will defend their habits and no one is saying you can't smoke ...we know it will not disappear

But the health effects of smoking is proven beyond science and any realistic smoker knows the odds are higher

My dad is a heavy smoker and 15 years ago when he went for his regular checkup his X-ray showed up almost black and they couldnt see clearly

He made an educated choice to reduce his 40 stick a day habit to 4 a day ....so he's 71 still happy and still smoking

Nothing against smokers ....just have to realise the insurance premiums are higher and taxes are higher for a reason

Edited by LawrenceChee

Smokers pollute the air I breath in and should be taxed to the max. Raise it another 100 baht.

Even if they went up 500b I would still get great pleasure from blowing smoke into the face of the likes of you.

You'll be happy to know Iam currently in process of swapping my Bt.1600 per week ciggie habit for an equally priced per week vaping (E-Cig) habit.

And I'll still blow it in your or anyone elses face that like to have a whinge.

Edited by Don Mega

You'll be happy to know Iam currently in process of swapping my Bt.1600 per week ciggie habit for an equally priced per week vaping (E-Cig) habit.

And of course I would let you.

All those people hating on smokers. You don't drive a car then I reckon. And offcourse you walk around wearing a face mask right because you're so concerned about your health?! And if it's not about health please stop eating fish next to me, I really can't stand the smell. What...restaurant policy is to let people eat fish? Well then if that restaurant also allows people to smoke, <deleted>.

Most of us smokers smoke where it's allowed and truly we do care and try to minimise our habits around you. But when I walk down the street on sukhumvit road and a passenger covers there mouth and nose when they walk past me but ignore the insane traffic pollution next to them I smile and think ignorance is bliss.

"... expect to pay between an additional 5-10 baht per pack of cigarettes."

...seems to be another example for one of these minor, little misunderstandings. Or does anybody have an idea what could be meant with "the government has agreed" ... "an additional 5-10 baht per pack of cigarettes"?

PS: I don't know what the source says as it is in Thai.

19 baht increase on L&M red. That's about a 30% increase. Jezus.

Misses owns/operates a convenience store. 7 baht SMS, 8 baht Wonder, 16 baht Thongtip, 19-21baht LM, And sorry to say but the scuttlebutt is the beer n whiskey is on the cards next week for another rise? the shop owners get 3/5's of 5/8 's of f,,,all, 1/2 Satung if lucky.

This is government and wholesalers, not sure about % wholesalers take?

Someone having trouble paying the bills huh? Or just not enough in the trough?

Edited by aussieinthailand

All those people hating on smokers. You don't drive a car then I reckon. And offcourse you walk around wearing a face mask right because you're so concerned about your health?! And if it's not about health please stop eating fish next to me, I really can't stand the smell. What...restaurant policy is to let people eat fish? Well then if that restaurant also allows people to smoke, <deleted>.

Most of us smokers smoke where it's allowed and truly we do care and try to minimise our habits around you. But when I walk down the street on sukhumvit road and a passenger covers there mouth and nose when they walk past me but ignore the insane traffic pollution next to them I smile and think ignorance is bliss.

Smoking seems to have been causing brain damage as well.

If they were really serious about reducing smoking, they would also put up the price of "roll your own " tobacco. This is ridiculously cheap and as it seems harsher tobacco and also smoked witout a filter wrapped in non-gummed thick paper, I would imagine that it is much more harmful than ready made cigarettes.

If they were really serious about reducing smoking, they would also put up the price of "roll your own " tobacco. This is ridiculously cheap and as it seems harsher tobacco and also smoked witout a filter wrapped in non-gummed thick paper, I would imagine that it is much more harmful than ready made cigarettes.

I can not remember where I saw this very topic appoached by so called experts, but they allowed it was exactly opposite to what you imagine (and I felt as you do) but the chemicals added to packaged tobacco to enhanse addiction is more harmful than the untreated, dried and cut only, bulk you buy to roll your own or use in pipe.

But you'd not be blowing 2nd hand smoke as there is none to blow, even though it looks as f there is.

As I recall, no smoke from exhaled vaping.