Non B Multi Entry expires Feb 16, stamp in passport says different

I have now a multi entry non b with my company limited. I am using a new attorney to do my new non b. My current non b expires this February 16 and the stamp from entering in December says I have until March 17(3 months of stay). The new attorney says I will be ok not processing the paperwork and applying at immigration before February 16 and that we have until March 17(the stamp). I am concerned that immigration will see the visa is expired and not take notice to the stamp. Will I be fine or am

I legitimately concerned?

Ok thanks guys! So if this was a single entry it would be an issue?

This current visa was acquired outside of Thailand at another embassy and does require me to exit the country every 3 months, the attorney is setting me up with the one inside Thailand this time that will let me stay as long as I would like within the year and will be multi entry. Still no problem with this then right?

Thanks for the help!

You can not now leave and return for a new 90 day stay as you did before (edit after the 16th) - and when you get your one year extension from immigration you will have to have a re-entry permit for any travel (they say multi so apparently going to get that for you). But this gets your original permitted to stay on each return - it does not add any time to the one year - so one year from March 17 it will be due for renewal again.

Ok thanks guys! So if this was a single entry it would be an issue?

This current visa was acquired outside of Thailand at another embassy and does require me to exit the country every 3 months, the attorney is setting me up with the one inside Thailand this time that will let me stay as long as I would like within the year and will be multi entry. Still no problem with this then right?

Thanks for the help!

It wouldn't make any difference to the application for an extension of stay, but having a multiple entry means you can exit/re-enter before the visa expires and get another 90 days, if required.

Your lawyer will be arranging a 1 year extension of stay based on working, not a visa. Your visa is used and redundant after Feb 16. The extension of stay does not give you multiple entries. Once your extension of stay has been granted you need to apply for a re-entry permit if you want to exit otherwise your extension ends when you exit the country. Single re-entry permits are available for 1,000 baht and you can have as many as you need, however, a multiple re-entry permit is also available for 3,800 baht that will allow you to come and go as often as you like until the expiry date of your extension of stay. A re-entry permit can be bought as soon as the extension of stay has been granted from your immigration office or at the major international airports.

Edited by elviajero