Awfull Chinese drivers in CNX, beware.

davehowden

A discussion regarding road behaviour (quite possibly causing harm to others) has been pirated by people who wish to armchair themselves into moderators of "political correctness?

No wonder things don't change or get done on time!

Political correctness has no place in this thread.

Certain posters here are determined to dominate and pirate threads (need I mention names or the number of posts they have made?)

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I see it, the thread is titled " Awful Chinese drivers in CNX, beware"

Those people who cannot comment on the topic but choose to comment on something off-topic are either immature , suffer ADHD, are pseudo-intellectuals without purpose in life or are possibly egomaniacs.

If you wish to comment on political correctness or anything not directly related to the current thread then start a new thread and have at it!

Go play in your own sandbox please!

^ Thank you for the history lesson.

Fortunately (or unfortunately, it doesn't matter), society has moved on. (You could go even further back and get to even more horrific things that were completely mainstream commonplace.)

Sorry,

Your society may have moved on. A foot to the left or to the right?

Unfortunately, in our darkest hours we find that "our society" which we find comfort in defending it's principles and practices has but changed little and when push comes to shove, the strongest dominate.

Unless you are looking to be "sainted", why not leave the forums alone and hit the streets and make a significant difference?

Nearly killed one on Nimman

Chink looked LEFT and bang!!!!!!!!!! well... nearly

They just don't 'get' that Thailand is on the left and they seem oblivious as they roam around in a somnambulistic trance

I recently almost killed, some <deleted> -foreigner,

maybe even expatbiggrin.png on Nimman, he thought that must give for him way when get to Nimman from small street ..
cheesy.gif .
and it's happened almost every week in CM..
But when i go to Pattaya its happened every day, some times even every hour.facepalm.gifbiggrin.png

If you wish to comment on political correctness or anything not directly related to the current thread then start a new thread and have at it!

I'm not a fan of political correctness and frankly don't understand how it applies here. Having the decency to not engage in hate speech and racial slurs has little to do with political correctness.

Overall this is a very hateful and needlessly generalizing discussion. If it was about any other nationality it'd be long closed.

Fortunately (or unfortunately, it doesn't matter), society has moved on. (You could go even further back and get to even more horrific things that were completely mainstream commonplace.)

Sorry,

Unfortunately, in our darkest hours we find that "our society" which we find comfort in defending it's principles and practices has but changed little and when push comes to shove, the strongest dominate.

Unless you are looking to be "sainted", why not leave the forums alone and hit the streets and make a significant difference?

Not sure what is bugging you, or even what you're trying to say here, but I don't really feel any desire for petty arguments that have little to do with the topic.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I'm not a fan of political correctness and frankly don't understand how it applies here. Having the decency to not engage in hate speech and racial slurs has little to do with political correctness.

Overall this is a very hateful and needlessly generalizing discussion. If it was about any other nationality it'd be long closed.

Sorry,

Not sure what is bugging you, or even what you're trying to say here, but I don't really feel any desire for petty arguments that have little to do with the topic.

so don't bring it up!!! the topic is Chinese Drivers not your petty PC concerns

Looks like I updated the post above after you replied to it, to acknowledge that you only used one slur for Chinese people and not any others.

I don't think further debate on which slurs are worse or better is very fruitful.

Very likely we've both earned ourselves a holiday from the forum with this, but in this case I'm happy to take one; it's one of the very few things I will speak out on every time.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Looks like I updated the post above after you replied to it, to acknowledge that you only used one slur for Chinese people and not any others.

I don't think further debate on which slurs are worse or better is very fruitful.

Very likely we've both earned ourselves a holiday from the forum with this, but in this case I'm happy to take one; it's one of the very few things I will speak out on every time.

stop being so self-righteous and pompous

A discussion regarding road behaviour (quite possibly causing harm to others) has been pirated by people who wish to armchair themselves into moderators of "political correctness?

No wonder things don't change or get done on time!

Political correctness has no place in this thread.

Certain posters here are determined to dominate and pirate threads (need I mention names or the number of posts they have made?)

I think you're mixing us up with the Chiang Mai City Council.

We will see the results very soon, although already since early March I have only seen 2 Chinese plates in Thailand (one was parked on the 3rd floor of the Bangkok City Suites Hotel on Petchaburi road), a far cry from the many dozens I saw in February, including 33 in one day on February 15, an all-time record. I'm wondering if they're already restricted now, or if it's simply a case of low season and therefore they aren't coming as much (unlike the free for all during CNY)?

So how long have yu been doing daily counts of Chinese vehicles? You have an all-time record, so I guess this has been going some time.

Is there anything else you count? Perhaps you could build a website.

I have been doing them for a couple of months, mainly around CNY. Normally you don't see many Chinese vehicles outside of peak periods except in Chiang Khong, sometimes in Nong Khai coming from Vientiane and Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai.

I thought it would be interesting to count Chinese vehicles in Thailand to see how far out of control their numbers have become. I count many things and perhaps I could build a website, LOL but after June I'd have no more Chinese vehicles to count coz they'll all be banned.

I also tried counting Lao registrations on a road trip Bangkok to Vientiane, but after counting more than 110 driving just from Udon Thani to the bridge alone, I gave up. Less than 10 were seen before reaching Udon.

I haven't heard of many Chinese tourists being injured or killed in traffic related accidents in Thailand.

I do see accidents involving Thais on a daily basis.

Do you think the increasing number of Chinese tourists will eventually inflame the Thai drivers to the point where they are purposely targeted for injury?

LOL.. anyway there have been a couple cases of Chinese people killed in traffic.

But then people are killed in traffic so often it doesn't even register all that much.. when someone dies in traffic back home, it typically makes the local news at least. Here you just see it all around you; saw it on Monday morning on the Superhighway near Don Chan intersection. Motorcycle of course, no helmet of course, dead of course. I hardly even slowed down or thought about it much.

As there was a slight slowing down of traffic and close to Don Chan I was concerned it would be a police checkpoint, but it turned out it was just a dead motorcyclist. Hit by a BMW 5 series car.

Oh, as it was Monday it'll be added to some Songkran statistic. Even though it had nothing to do with that specifically, just with 'traffic as usual' in Thailand.

Most traffic accidents that involve deaths are reported in the Thai news and if any of them are foreigners, they might even make the national news. Especially if the vehicle is non-Thai registered (what registration did the BMW 5 series have?) then it will become even more newsworthy.

On the subject of Chinese causing road accidents or being the victims thereof - plenty of stories in the Thai media in particular. Don't expect the English language media to cover everything (I'm assuming, like most expats/foreigners you don't read Thai) but just sayin'.

Accidents have been numerous and it's one of the reasons why the Thai Land Transport Department is about to effectively stop Chinese vehicles driving to Thailand.

There was a case back in 2014 of a Chinese registered BMW which hit a motorcyclist and I think killed the Thai driver in Chiang Rai province. The now famous picture has been reproduced numerous times since then in Thai language media and shows a Chinese guy sitting nonchalantly in the driver's seat (left-hand side) of his car, with the front bumper smashed in and another guy leaning into his car, possibly trying to snatch his keys away? Behind them a motorcycle lies flat down on the road after attempting a U-turn.

On another occasion last year, a speeding Chinese car drove through a red light also in Chiang Rai and killed a local Thai on a scooter, injuring a second person.

A Thai minivan driver was hit by a Chinese motorist somewhere in Chiang Mai province - but he couldn't claim damages because the Chinese guy didn't have insurance. Both vehicles were being held at the police station, while the Chinese driver paid a small amount of compensation (not enough to cover the damages) and fled to China, abandoning his car.

Another Thai couple's Mazda BT-50 pickup was hit by a Chinese sedan and again they couldn't claim the damages. The Chinese driver's car was also being held at the same police station I think.

A now famous clip shows a Chinese car driving on the wrong side of the road somewhere in Chiang Mai and nearly had a head-on collision with an oncoming vehicle. The local vehicle slows and stops, while the Chinese driver gets back to the left-hand side of the road. Before this happens, the video is seen showing a motorcycle that almost gets hit but manages to "overtake" the Chinese vehicle by driving in the right lane, just before the car driver sees the Chinese car driving in the wrong lane ahead of him. To make matters worse, if the Chinese vehicle had been just a few meters ahead, there is a curve which means that likely the motorcyclist would have been hit due to not being able to see around the corner.

These are just some of the numerous accidents/near misses I have read about/heard of over the past year or so. I'm sure there are plenty more.

Well I was in Chiang Mai in mid-February and I counted 12 in one evening, that was during the middle of Chinese New Year and I had only come for a few hours to have dinner with a few friends.

The 33 I counted on Feb 15 were on the road between Lampang and Singburi, as I was driving down to Bangkok. Previously I have counted 5-6 on the way up to Lampang/Chiang Mai a few days earlier and a similar number about 2 weeks later as I was heading to Mae Sot via Tak (all of the ones I spotted were driving between Nakorn Sawan and Tak).

Are you still seeing Chinese plates in Chiang Mai today? As I said, I feel there is a big difference between February and now. I have only been as far north as Lampang since mid-March and during that trip, I didn't see a single Chinese car.

No one has said anything about restrictions before the new rules take effect, although since motorhomes are going to be banned altogether, I'm wondering if they already are, as I haven't seen any since early March.

Too many to count. If you are really bored, take a drive through Central Festival parking structure...

So they're still there? Well, as I said, not for much longer. Any motorhomes?

I only saw one motor home in the city recently. A lady we know in a restaurant at Kamthieng Plant Market said they had tried to camp overnight in the market but the police were called when they were seen washing their dishes outside and the children urinating outside as well. They were all set up to spend the night there.

But it's a huge problem in Chiang Rai where they are camping overnight in temples inside their motor homes, defecating on the temple grounds, etc.

Yes I've heard that too - however, it has also been a problem as far south as Phuket, during the Chinese New Year. But I can't imagine that after the Chinese New Year there would still be very many around?

Sounds like the ban on motorhomes will only take effect at the same time as the new foreign vehicle regulations go into effect. I don't understand why the need to wait - customs officials could ban them overnight if they wanted to, just like Vietnamese, Cambodian and most other customs officials in other developing countries seem to change the rules on a whim when they see the opportunity. Thai customs officials are too nice and follow the rules too closely!

I mean, try driving to Vietnam in a Lao car. You are supposed to be allowed in according to a bilateral agreement - but as happened to me, the first time I was allowed in no problems but the second time, at the same crossing a few months later all of a sudden they came up with some bizarre new rules (which they probably made up on the spot) and said a Lao vehicle driven by a foreigner or a Vietnamese citizen can't enter the country! Only a Lao driver can drive it in. I have been told other foreigners have made it in there since, and of course at other Lao-Viet crossings too. On the other hand, a lot of people have had trouble entering Cambodia by car at the Laos-Cambodia crossing. Most have been refused although recently things have gotten better.

They have blue plates on their cars. Not that difficult coffee1.gif

And the driver sits on the wrong side.

Well come to Chiang Mai after May 23rd. You won't be seeing any more blue plates then as they are about to be restricted, including being banned from driving outside of the border province entered.

I really hope this is enforced (which I suspect it will be - at least for a while). Hopefully they will kick out the motorists already here. They are the worst divers I have ever seen.

Big problems in New Zealand also...but they have a hotline number to call and cops get them if dangerous driving..here one example recently;

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/79007927/police-thank-public-for-report-of-driver.html

I think you are confusing the issue here. We're mainly talking about foreign (Chinese) registered cars being driven into Thailand. Obviously being an island, New Zealand does not have that problem since you can't drive a foreign car to New Zealand.

Thailand doesn't (won't) need a hotline number to report Chinese cars driving badly because as I have pointed out (and from my posts I think you'll find I'm the ultimate authority here on Thai Visa on these matters) Chinese cars will effectively be banned from Thai roads in late May or June. By requiring advance notice to enter and all sorts of other documents to be provided, with the permission sought through a local tourism operator and banning tourists from driving their foreign registered cars outside the border province entered, you won't be seeing a single Chinese car in Chiang Mai anymore, starting very soon. Rental vehicles are another matter of course and it could well be that after the new rules are in place, there may be an upsurge in Chinese renting vehicles locally even though few of them possess valid driving licences useable in Thailand. Chinese driver's licences for example, are not valid for driving in Thailand and Chinese drivers can't obtain an international driver's permit (IDP) either since China did not sign up to the UN convention on international motor traffic.

There are however numbers displayed on the rear of trucks/buses and some pickup truck transport drivers with a message something like "how's my driving?" "if you see me driving badly please call 08 xxxxxxxx" or something. Most of these messages are naturally, only in Thai though some larger companies also display them in English.

These are just some of the numerous accidents/near misses I have read about/heard of over the past year or so. I'm sure there are plenty more.

Yes there are, and by far the majority of them are caused by Thais.

Interesting. In most countries Police could look for and investigate a particular vehicle reported driving dangerously, but could not take action without evidence.

Perhaps if they had a video for example a charge of reckless driving.

Would expats want their driving privileges in Thailand taken away based on one phone call? From some other motorist? In the US if the police did this the Officers would be brought up on charges and suspended pending an investigation of racism.

Meanwhile I saw two vehicles back into each other today, in an almost empty carpark!

Some people just don't belong behind the wheel of a motorcar.

Well I'm sure it's the same in Thailand but as you would have probably noticed very quickly even on your first day here, road rules are not very well enforced. A dash cam or video footage from say a mobile phone does help though and has helped to convict offending dangerous drivers, especially bus and truck drivers.

As for your second sentence, well since enforcement of traffic laws is very weak here, I wouldn't worry about this possibility but let me just make a comment for the record to remind you of where we are. What happens in the US holds absolutely zero relevance here. The dominant ideology in America is cultural marxism. An offshoot of that is universialism - where every culture is seen as equal. Most of us don't know the origins of this ideology but simply know it as political correctness. Only western countries subscribe to this ideology, no non-western one does.

Thailand therefore, would see no problem in taking away any privileges (including driving) from tourists/expats as it sees fit for any reason without justifying itself and without having to worry about frivolous human rights or discrimination lawsuits and other such nonsense.

Wikipedia and many other sources of information on the internet, if they're US based they're biased towards the dominant ideology. This ideology is supported by the Jewish elite.

Anyway, enough with the history lesson, let's stick to the topic at hand here. I can already see from half of the replies here this thread has gone way off topic and turned into a bit of a bickering fest.

Maybe some humor can get it back on topic. If you are American you're probably aware that there has been pressure on the Washington Redskins football team to change its name for going on ten years. Lately it's gotten more intense. Numerous sportscasters and sportswriters have shown solidarity for the effort by refusing to utter or write "Redskins."

So you read sentences like..."So this is where the Washington Ethnic Slurs begin their year — with the coach at war with one of his quarterbacks."

Interesting. In most countries Police could look for and investigate a particular vehicle reported driving dangerously, but could not take action without evidence.

Would expats want their driving privileges in Thailand taken away based on one phone call? From some other motorist? In the US if the police did this the Officers would be brought up on charges and suspended pending an investigation of racism.

Meanwhile I saw two vehicles back into each other today, in an almost empty carpark!

Well I'm sure it's the same in Thailand but as you would have probably noticed very quickly even on your first day here, road rules are not very well enforced. A dash cam or video footage from say a mobile phone does help though and has helped to convict offending dangerous drivers, especially bus and truck drivers.

As for your second sentence, well since enforcement of traffic laws is very weak here, I wouldn't worry about this possibility but let me just make a comment for the record to remind you of where we are. What happens in the US holds absolutely zero relevance here. The dominant ideology in America is cultural marxism. An offshoot of that is universialism - where every culture is seen as equal. Most of us don't know the origins of this ideology but simply know it as political correctness. Only western countries subscribe to this ideology, no non-western one does.

Thailand therefore, would see no problem in taking away any privileges (including driving) from tourists/expats as it sees fit for any reason without justifying itself and without having to worry about frivolous human rights or discrimination lawsuits and other such nonsense.

Wikipedia and many other sources of information on the internet, if they're US based they're biased towards the dominant ideology. This ideology is supported by the Jewish elite.

Anyway, enough with the history lesson, let's stick to the topic at hand here. I can already see from half of the replies here this thread has gone way off topic and turned into a bit of a bickering fest.

In the post quoted I was already led off topic talking about New Zealand, nothing to do with Thailand really. Nor did I say it is a good thing that Police in the US would be accused of racism for doing their, jobs, just if they enforced some kind of bigoted blanket ban based on heresay or generalization. "Report a Drink Driver/unsafe Driver" numbers are good programs. The police find vehicles easily, trail them, and take action based on their behaviour, not just nationality. I think the actions being taken by Thailand are reasonable considering the situation that has developed, and you see there is no blanket ban based on Nationality alone.

I also don't think having Caravans entering from China is feasible considering there are no facilities for them and motor camping appears to be "illegal" under Thai immigration law.

Probably must be more to this story coming out of NZ. The police probably trailed her and confirmed visually she drove like an animal. Or maybe she admitted to making a u-turn accross a divided highway and driving on the wrong side?

Now if you really want to stay on topic you may wish to avoid spouting failed right-wing social theory and jewbaiting. "Cultural Marxism", the crazed idea that liberals intend to destroy western civilization via multiculturalism is reactionary fantasy from the likes of David Duke and Anders Behring Breivik. From a secular humanism bias (you know transparency, rule of law, those horrible "human rights" feminism and all that) I certainly can't say all cultures are equal. That would be intellectually dishonest.

To get back on topic I'm confused now how Chinese are driving in NZ anyway if they are not party to the relevant treaty and cannot get IDP. Maybe it is local law as on Guam where the Japanese at least can drive rental vehicles on a Japanese license without IDP.

Wonderful drivers by the way.

Edited by arunsakda

Taking Offense from mere words how delicate be the snowflake. How do you know who has " never suffered any kind of discrimination simply because of skin tone or Appearance". ? I think we ALL agree that in most situation "chink" is not a socially acceptable term,it has been used by bigots and racists. Intent is important as well as geographical location. I have often heard (from people of asian or mixed decent) hoh bra, you get chinky eye, you get da kronic...or what? OR .. I think chinky eye girls are sexy. ...used to describe tight eyed asian look... the whole nigger, nigga thing is funny because due to popular culture you may hear the terms many times a day. Though generally speaking it is not used by educated ,well spoken people of any race, it is indicative of thug attitude..

Being outraged by words gives the outraged person a feeling of superiority, it is an addiction they soon look for reasons to be offended..

Largely agree with you. I wouldn't say 'outrage' is really called for and especially not outrage or offense just for the sake of it, but I do think it's good to send a strong reminder that this forum is a very international place, and that very likely (hopefully, actually) we'll end up with a lot of Chinese / Asian forum members just like any other nationality.

And just as this forum frowns upon slurs for specific European and American countries, it would be good to extend that to Chinese people too.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I think you are confusing the issue here. We're mainly talking about foreign (Chinese) registered cars being driven into Thailand. Obviously being an island, New Zealand does not have that problem since you can't drive a foreign car to New Zealand.

Thailand doesn't (won't) need a hotline number to report Chinese cars driving badly because as I have pointed out (and from my posts I think you'll find I'm the ultimate authority here on Thai Visa on these matters) Chinese cars will effectively be banned from Thai roads in late May or June. By requiring advance notice to enter and all sorts of other documents to be provided, with the permission sought through a local tourism operator and banning tourists from driving their foreign registered cars outside the border province entered, you won't be seeing a single Chinese car in Chiang Mai anymore, starting very soon. Rental vehicles are another matter of course and it could well be that after the new rules are in place, there may be an upsurge in Chinese renting vehicles locally even though few of them possess valid driving licences useable in Thailand. Chinese driver's licences for example, are not valid for driving in Thailand and Chinese drivers can't obtain an international driver's permit (IDP) either since China did not sign up to the UN convention on international motor traffic.

There are however numbers displayed on the rear of trucks/buses and some pickup truck transport drivers with a message something like "how's my driving?" "if you see me driving badly please call 08 xxxxxxxx" or something. Most of these messages are naturally, only in Thai though some larger companies also display them in English.

"I think you are confusing the issue here. We're mainly talking about foreign (Chinese) registered cars being driven into Thailand. Obviously being an island, New Zealand does not have that problem since you can't drive a foreign car to New Zealand"

No, i'm not confusing the issue here at all.

The thread is about Awfull Chinese drivers.[in general] In CMX. Doesn't make any difference if they own the car or rent one.

Somewhere along the line a couple of posters brought in the actual point you are focused on, ie ;Chinese) registered cars being driven into Thailand.

It has covered cars, bikes and pedestrians and a post concerning Chinese drivers in Aus.

So my Point is valid IMO.They are still AWFULL drivers! whether here, there or anywhere.

I simply tried to point out that it is not just C/M related and even as far away as NZ they are causing a lot of problems with their poor driving skills.

They are there in large numbers and drive rental cars [badly] and , more to my point, the authorities are actually doing something to address this growing problem in NZ.

Simply stopping Chinese from driving their own cars here is a step in the right direction, but they will still rent cars and therefore possibly be more "Awfull"

By the way, FYI, NZ is not an island, it is a group of islands.wai.gif

Edited by garryjohns

Yes and in NZ it isn't a case of dob in a driver. They have (In New Zealand) a hotline number (free too) where any member of the public can notify authorities regarding bad or erratic driving.

Naturally the Police don't always act if it's just one notification or complaint. But if several come in a short space of time then a patrol car is normally dispatched.

The police are also happy if members of the general public capture offences with dash cams or even cellphones (As long as you aren't driving with one hand and filming with the other).

A guy I know from my home town had to take drastic action and drove off the main road to avoid what would have been a fatal head on crash.

The Chinese driver of the other vehicle was on the wrong side of the road. Rental car and only new into the country.

This guy's mate was following from a distance and saw it all unravel. He managed to stop the Chinese driver further down the road and when guy that was forced to take drastic action caught up.....well he dragged the Chinese driver out if the car and punched him in the face (Just once)

The police weren't too happy about that but the Chinese driver didn't press charges and was fined for not staying within the correct lane.

Good luck to all who drive the roadways in Thailand.

You will not only need good luck but deft dexterity and lightning fast reflexes as well as a solid grounding in defensive driving skills.

... and with those in hand, your life expectancy will still remain significantly lower than if you were back "home".

I just hope that when I get "seriously smucked", my fading last visual memory is not that of a Chinese or Thai face.

i think many people have had a bad experience on the scooter with chinese,all being very bad drivers.i had some chinese people on a scooter almoost cut me off at the intersection where the yamaha shop is( sunday market st).he decided to turn right and nearly hit me.

i shouted at him he said sorry still looking at directions and carried on causing mayhem.i was glad I was going the other way

In the post quoted I was already led off topic talking about New Zealand, nothing to do with Thailand really. Nor did I say it is a good thing that Police in the US would be accused of racism for doing their, jobs, just if they enforced some kind of bigoted blanket ban based on heresay or generalization. "Report a Drink Driver/unsafe Driver" numbers are good programs. The police find vehicles easily, trail them, and take action based on their behaviour, not just nationality. I think the actions being taken by Thailand are reasonable considering the situation that has developed, and you see there is no blanket ban based on Nationality alone.

I also don't think having Caravans entering from China is feasible considering there are no facilities for them and motor camping appears to be "illegal" under Thai immigration law.

Probably must be more to this story coming out of NZ. The police probably trailed her and confirmed visually she drove like an animal. Or maybe she admitted to making a u-turn accross a divided highway and driving on the wrong side?

Now if you really want to stay on topic you may wish to avoid spouting failed right-wing social theory and jewbaiting. "Cultural Marxism", the crazed idea that liberals intend to destroy western civilization via multiculturalism is reactionary fantasy from the likes of David Duke and Anders Behring Breivik. From a secular humanism bias (you know transparency, rule of law, those horrible "human rights" feminism and all that) I certainly can't say all cultures are equal. That would be intellectually dishonest.

To get back on topic I'm confused now how Chinese are driving in NZ anyway if they are not party to the relevant treaty and cannot get IDP. Maybe it is local law as on Guam where the Japanese at least can drive rental vehicles on a Japanese license without IDP.

Wonderful drivers by the way.

Actually "cultural Marxism" is very real and not a conspiracy theory. Yes there is an intent on destroying western civilization, I suggest you do some research on Mr. Coudenhove-Kalergi and his so-called "Kalergi plan" you'll find out exactly what it's all about - the man himself had this very exact plan and it's working in his favour. There is however another way of looking at it, which is that multiculturalism intends merely to assimilate non-western people to become part of the mainstream, same with gays, lesbians and other minorities because that's the humanist western thing to do. It doesn't recognize that in doing so, western culture will forever be changed and will hardly be western culture anymore. Anders Breivik is just a racist, neo-Nazi type (I have no idea who David Duke is), but what most of us who actually know what's going on simply recognize is that there is an insidious plan to deny our western culture and identity. If you know that all cultures aren't equal, then you have got to admit that what's going on in the west (and only the west) is becoming ridiculous. The fact that all discussion about this is shut down with cries of "racism" "Nazi" "oppressor" "colonialist" and whatever other buzzwords they want to use, just goes to show how indoctrinated most people are into the dominant left-wing, liberal BS. Anyway, I don't want to go into this topic any further other than to state that one must look at these things from a balanced perspective and not just believe whatever the biased media tells us.

​Yes, indeed one of the main arguments for banning Chinese caravans is because there are no facilities for them. I didn't know it was technically "illegal" according to Thai immigration law (what have they been writing down as address on their TM immigration arrival forms so far?) Thai immigration is quite strict on providing your address, which is either the address of where you're staying your first night or your main residence whilst in Thailand. However, I know that camping is legal in Thailand so that again contradicts your claim. Although I know that you are supposed to have a proper address to stay in Thailand, though that wouldn't preclude camping or for that matter touring in a caravan because your address would simply be somewhere where such facilities are available (chiefly national parks and some private camping grounds) though they are mostly suited to drivers of cars who come with tents they intend on pitching, rather than large campervans and caravans as you correctly state.

Chinese driving in NZ are probably allowed to use their national drivers licences. That means that NZ car rental agencies are either allowing everyone to use their national licences, don't know or don't care about the need for Chinese to have an IDP. Their job is to rent cars and they'll accept anything that looks like a driver's licence.

It's the same thing when obtaining a student discount at tourist attractions in western countries - most clerks will accept any student card from any institution in the world. We're so fair in the west. Whereas here in Thailand on the extremely rare occasion a student card is of any use, it will only be accepted if the holder is under 23 (meaning that there is an assumption students can't be older or "mature age" as they say in some countries) and they must be Thai citizens. This means 22 year old foreigners studying in Thailand aren't eligible. Then again, a 21 year old Thai student studying in a western country wouldn't be either.

Yes and in NZ it isn't a case of dob in a driver. They have (In New Zealand) a hotline number (free too) where any member of the public can notify authorities regarding bad or erratic driving.

Naturally the Police don't always act if it's just one notification or complaint. But if several come in a short space of time then a patrol car is normally dispatched.

The police are also happy if members of the general public capture offences with dash cams or even cellphones (As long as you aren't driving with one hand and filming with the other).

A guy I know from my home town had to take drastic action and drove off the main road to avoid what would have been a fatal head on crash.

The Chinese driver of the other vehicle was on the wrong side of the road. Rental car and only new into the country.

This guy's mate was following from a distance and saw it all unravel. He managed to stop the Chinese driver further down the road and when guy that was forced to take drastic action caught up.....well he dragged the Chinese driver out if the car and punched him in the face (Just once)

The police weren't too happy about that but the Chinese driver didn't press charges and was fined for not staying within the correct lane.

Actually, one WOULD except a police officer in a developed western nanny state like New Zealand, which has some of the world's strictest traffic laws and enforces them very strictly (like fining you for driving 5km/h over the speed limit going down a hill) to take each and every complaint seriously. I mean, are you saying if a drunk driver driving erraticly the police won't come because it's just one driver? I think that's baloney and you know it. If the complaint is serious enough, the police will come and it's the same in America, I've seen it on TV. Someone reports a dangerous or drunk driver that person has a patrol car sent out to them. OK, it may depend on the circumstances, but drunk drivers and dangerous drivers are definitely taken seriously.

One rather amusing example was in the 2012 movie the Campaign starring Zach Gilfinakis (his last name is too difficult to spell!) and Will Ferrell where the character played by Zach, Marty Huggins called the police to report "a drunk driver", which is Cam Brady, the candidate he was running against in the political campaign that was the main theme of the movie. The police caught up with Cam, the character played by Will Ferrell, arrested and incarcerated him briefly.