2 deputies killed, suspect dead in US shopping center shootout

webfact

RuamRudy, on 11 Feb 2016 - 14:50, said:
SgtRock, on 11 Feb 2016 - 13:10, said:

The point.

Whether you choose to believe it or not. Is that criminals, who are intent on using firearms, will get their hands on them regardless of what Laws, gun control measures are in place.

Criminals tend to thumb their noses at rules and laws.

Although I don't knowingly mix with any, I would assume that UK criminals are no less inclined to thumb their noses at rules and laws as their US counterparts. It is the relative restriction of access to guns in the UK that is reason for the huge disparity in gun crime between the two places.

Just in case it escaped your attention. I never made a comparison in gun crime between the US and the UK.

I simply stated that if a criminal wanted a firearm they were fairly easy to obtain in the UK despite the draconian gun laws that are in place in the UK.

Of course there is going to be a disparity due to population size and the sheer volume of firearms in the US.

Most criminals in the UK do not have or carry firearms...

How easy to get I do not know, renting a gun but you are talking gangland stuff, any person renting a gun runs the risk of the person they rent it to tacking them out instead of paying the rent.

Apart from that there have been many arrests of persons trying to purchase illegal fire arms in the UK after trying to buy from undercover cops.