Switching from non-immigrant multi-entry B VISA to retirement VISA

Currently I am on the last entry of my non imm, multi- entry B Visa. I visited a Visa service provider who says they can handle it for XTHB. I want to know if I could just do it myself and save any money. What exactly is the cost and the process, clearly,..? Retirement Visa for Dummies....Thank you for your help! Oh and I am from the US.

If you have a multiple entry non-b visa issued by an embassy or consulate you could apply for an extension of stay (not a visa) based upon retirement during the last 30 days of any 90 day entries you get from your visa.

You would need 800k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht to apply for the extension.

Your Non Immigrant Visa Status you currently have makes you eligible to apply directly for the Extension of Stay based on Retirement.

OP - the reason people pass on information about having to have a 90 Day Non Imm 'O' Visa to apply for the Retirement Extension is just that the Non Imm 'O' Visa is the Most Common Non Imm. Visa used for this purpose... so many people begin to believe erroneously that it is the only Non Imm visa that will suffice..

Edited by JDGRUEN

Your Non Immigrant Visa Status you currently have makes you eligible to apply directly for the Extension of Stay based on Retirement.

OP - the reason people pass on information about having to have a 90 Day Non Imm 'O' Visa to apply for the Retirement Extension is just that the Non Imm 'O' Visa is the Most Common Non Imm. Visa used for this purpose... so many people begin to believe erroneously that it is the only Non Imm visa that will suffice..

You are right but it has been known for immigration to refuse an extension of stay based on retirement on a non 'B' entry even though it's a non immigrant visa and qualifies.

• Like 1

I am in the same situation. I am currently living in Khao Lak and was told that you can't get an extension of stay with a non immigrant B visa. Is this different from location to location?

Edited by Gtto

I am in the same situation. I am currently living in Khao Lak and was told that you can't get an extension of stay with a non immigrant B visa. Is this different from location to location?

I assume you were told that by the Phang-nga immigration office. It can vary by office. The police order states all that is needed is a non immigrant visa.

If they refuse to do it all you could do is go out for a single entry non-o visa. You could get one in Penang with the same financial proof needed for the extension.

• Like 1

And is it necessary to have a medical certificate and a letter showing no criminal record to get the "O" visa or extension of stay?

No medical or background check is needed.

Those are only required to get a OA visa in your home country.

• Like 1