Footage shows Spanish murder suspect buying something at a construction materials shop

webfact

VDO footage shows Spanish suspect buying something at a construction materials shop

1102002-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Police have another piece of evidence purportedly showing the Spanish murder suspect visiting a shop selling construction materials to buy something.

Royal Thai Police chief Pol Gen Chaktip Chaijinda told the media on Thursday that police found a video footage from a surveillance camera at a construction materials shop showing Artur Segarra Princep in the shop buying something.

He, however, refused to elaborate what did the suspect buy from the shop.

He said that results of DNA tests of evidences found at a house in Soi Ramkhamhaeng Soi 174, a condominium at Ramk IX area and at another condominium in Sukhumvit were expected within next week.

The police commissioner shrugged off a Spanish press report which said Artur had implicated the other people for being responsible for the death of the victim, David Banet, whose body was dismembered and dumped into the Chao Phraya river.

Meanwhile, Pol Maj-Gen Thawatchai Mekprasertsuk, commander of police forensic science, said police were trying to find out whether the DNA samples found at the three sites matched.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/150571

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-02-12

"He said that results of DNA tests of evidences (...) were expected within next week."

Interesting to see how this DNA analysis takes almost two weeks and on Koh Tao they came up with the result in less than 24 hours.

Say no more! you took the words right out of my mouth.wai2.gif

Dreadful reporting, as always. What does "shrugged off" the Spanish report mean?

Does it mean that he said "Yeah, there's a report from Spain, but that's no big issue" - which would be a fairly meaningless thing to say

Or does it mean that he said "Yeah, I've seen that report, but it's nonsense" - which would seem to be rather unprofessional.

"He said that results of DNA tests of evidences (...) were expected within next week."

Interesting to see how this DNA analysis takes almost two weeks and on Koh Tao they came up with the result in less than 24 hours.

They'll say that Spanish DNA is more complex thus it takes longer

In the latter, tests were conducted in Singapore.

at least video is working properly this time

In the latter, tests were conducted in Singapore.

Maybe why it took long: they do actually analyse before making a report in Singapore...

at least video is working properly this time

Funny that eh? whistling.gif

........there were 'several other people involved...including Thais'.....

....now suddenly....NOT.....

...wonder if the Spanish guy had ANYTHING to do with this......

....everybody is saying...'nobody can withdraw 1 million dollars from a Thai bank within a few days the way was done here' ....except if they had help...

Buying "something"?

blink.png

...a bag of nails?

Fork Handles

or 4 candles?

Apologies .. .you probably have to be British, or at least a connoisseur of the 2 Ronnies to appreciate that

Got any ose? Edited by roo860

Buying something............. Noooooooooo !!! ............. Not a..........chainsaw!!!!

But.....probably some rough cutting and sawing tools used to dismember the body.....and ...where did they dismember the body before dumping the body parts in the Chao Praya river.???....only to surface and float right into plain view of everyone.

Cheers

Because it will be checked - not store overnight in a mafia fridge and retrieved next morning complete with a full analysis ...it was them that done it.

Dreadful reporting, as always. What does "shrugged off" the Spanish report mean?

Does it mean that he said "Yeah, there's a report from Spain, but that's no big issue" - which would be a fairly meaningless thing to say

Or does it mean that he said "Yeah, I've seen that report, but it's nonsense" - which would seem to be rather unprofessional.

When it comes to BIB you second though is correct unprofessional............

They'll say that Spanish DNA is more complex thus it takes longer
"Farang big so farang DNA more big also."

I am more than a little worried.............

I must admit...........

last week i bought something at a construction materials shop

does that make me a murderer?

( I don't think it had a video camera though.....lol)

Edited by tuanku

As much concrete evidence as the overstay connection..

But as the fools arguing that only those on an overstay are capable of committing crimes in Thailand on an other post.

They might as well jump to this one and start suggesting that a valid passport/visa must be provided and inputed into a police data base by the shop owner to weed out those nasty ovestayers from committing murders..

I originally thought this was a pretty open and shut case. However the more the RTP say on the matter the more suspect it becomes. It is now is beginning to look like they are covering up their own kind again.

Edited by berybert