Town Lodge

loytoy

Have not stayed there - have just read someones post on another BKK forum - here it is - hope it helps :o

"Hello. I just want to comment about Town Lodge. I finally got the chance to try this hotel in September. I had stayed several nights the deluxe and one night in the suite. I was quite impressed with both. Alas, the suite has a nice big jacuzzi, but I didn't use it.

What impressed me the most were the quick check ins and outs. I did not even have to leave a deposit or provide my credit card, and I liked the fact that the staff (unlike most hotels that I have stayed in LOS and China) did not make me wait for them to verify mini-bar usage or that nothing was stolen or damaged. The maids were also quite friendly.

It is possible that some folks may not like the location, the price for the limited hotel amenities, and the nearby construction. However, I really liked the location because it was far from the busy tourist spots. I enjoyed the daily walks down to soi 4 and up to soi 36. Also, as a feline lover (and "Y" connoisseur), I was also surprised to see so many cats in the area.

Other notes...

At nights, there were a couple pretty ladies in the lobby, but I never chat with them... because I didn't know if they were bar hostesses, FLs, or whatever and because I was little paranoid about the gossips given that this was a small hotel.

There was a notice/form about construction noise. The noise didn't bother me, and I would have filled in the form to say this. However, the times were mainly listed in A.M., and this confused me. In North America, A.M. starts at midnight (00:00) and PM starts at midday (12:00).

Summary...

I definitely would return to this wonderful small hotel. "

Never heard of it but just had a look at their web site and at just over 1200 bt a night looks pretty good...nice little find...handy for the Square...

Hi, I just did a web search and couldn't find a website for the Town Logde. Can you provide it.

Regards, BD

• 2 weeks later...

With all the booking agents online these days, it's almost impossible to find the hotel website/contact info.

Try adding the word, 'review', into the search with the Hotel name and see better results.

email here:

[email protected]

Theres one in Capetown

HEY NICE PLACE TO STAY, BUT I MOVED OUT FAR TOO NOISY WITH THE CONSTRUCTION RIGHT NEXT DOOR !!!!

I think the following is as close as you will get to a web page.

http://bangkoktonight.com/hotels/town_lodge.shtml

I think you can actually get a better rate thru this website – over direct thru the hotel.

http://www.thaihoteldiscounts.com/

I have stayed here a couple of times, and I know a few people who have stayed here. I think they are owned by the same folks who own the Swiss Grottino hotel off of soi 19.

Townlodge is a good value for the money – nice boutique hotel. Down side: No pool, very limited room service, internet connection can some times be a problem, some times you have to track down the tuk-tuk driver. Upside: good value, clean, fairly new, not that bad of a walk down Soi 18 (good for a bit of exercise everyday).

As far as construction I can not comment as I have not stayed there in a while so not sure how things are right now. I know they are building some condos at the end of the soi but not sure how far along they are and what kind of noise they are generating.