magicJack and compatible handset to use magicJackGo

eljuwa

I live in Chiang Mai. I have used magicJack in USA and Thailand for the last 10 years.

I just purchased the new magicJackGo. Now I do not use my computer. I go directly to my high speed internet. Presently I am using a Fujitel handset.

This handset does not have Caller ID nor messaging. I wish to have both.

I tried shipping directly from USA via e-bay. They shipped a vtech phone one month ago and it is lost in the mail.

I got my money back. Now I need to buy a handset, locally.

I have followed the Chiang Mai Forum and unfortunately, I am not successful in finding the right place (Power Buy), Siam TV or the T. and T Shop at the airport plaza. To buy this phone

I wish to have DECT 6.0. digital technology. Caller ID and a messaging system. Preferably, cordless. I will be happy with any recognized brand. Like vtech or Panasonic. Price is unimportant.

Please help. Like all of you done before.

Thanks

James

What is the advantage of MagicJack Go ?

I have used my MJ for over seven years here in Thailand without a problem

When they first started to heavily advertise they touted that you did not need a computer to use it, only they forgot to mention that you may not need a computer to use it, you sure as hell needed a computer to set it up via your router, meaning that it was useless for travel. Not to mention the need for a real telephone to use it

What I like about it is the automatic email notice when I have missed a call, even if the caller doesn't leave a voice message, since the email notification gives me the time and date of the call and the number that the call was made from

Have tried the MJ app for Android and found it pretty useless unless I was really close to my wifi router and when I tried it for sending or receiving SMS messages. A Google Voice number is perfect for that function

Don't understand the OP's need for Caller ID but that is his business but the program already has a built in voice mail greeting and as previously stated callers can leave a voice message which will come as an attachment to the missed call email

The one thing that the MagicJack can't do is it cannot be used to send faxes for those archaic business and government offices that still require faxes in this day and age of email attachments. Fortunately there are several free fax vendors available on the Internet

i haven't use MJ for about 3 or 4 years now, but when i did, i was able to fax with it.

The way i got it to work was to slow down to outgoing baud rate - to like 2400 i believe, like i say, a few years ago.

And i think you had to turn off auto correct or something like that - can't remember - but i found it all on google.