Canadian Teachers report assault at Pattaya Go-Go Bar

rooster59

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Close them all. Those days are gone.

These times are perhaps bygone for you guy, but not for everyone.
Funny how some people here still have a simplistic idea as a solution to everything. Transform these places into hospice and there will be no problem ...
In this case it is likely that these two tourists boastful offering glasses of girls stage. Then surprises by the addition they sought to leave without paying. Finally, the one who had abandoned her friend back. Nice attitude !
This does not excuse the violence, but with a good knowledge this kind of place I do not believe for one second that she was beaten for that reason alone. He has to be facts or attitudes not mentioned.

No excuses for the security staff over reacting to this situation and they deserve some punishment, //

Maybe you could wait to know what really happened

before condemning staff of one of best Walking Street agogo ... unsure.png

According to the staff last night,

the Canadian girls started a fight with a dancer inside the agogo while waiting,

and the dancer had to go to the hospital for facial injuries. sad.png

Looks like she forgot to mention that to Police and medias...

The bar did give the girls an opportunity to go to an ATM machine, fair enough.

When the other one tried to leave without anyone paying the bill is when problems arose.

It is actually illegal in Thailand to leave an establishment without paying the bill .

What exactly was the assault ?

The girls dont look harmed

Maybe they were physically stopped from leaving, which is fair enough .

Which has just reminded me, I still have an outstanding bar bill from last week end, really must go and pay it today

No but they were most certainly fleeced and the reason they didn't have enough money was because the gangsters running the bar jacked up their tab and then threatened them for not paying the fully inflated amount.

An "assault" for a Canadian (or American) pooying would include merely touching her on the shoulder without the toucher first getting "permission" to do so.

Canadian human rights legislation allows women to dress in the most suggestive ways, knowing that no male in court for an alleged 'assault' can cite their manner of dress as a defence.

Oh please, the answer is obvious.

They racked up a bill, no padding required. They tried to do a runner using the oldest trick in the book. I'm sure the staff and bar managers/owners see that almost every single night where 1 person suddenly leaves and shortly after the other one pretends to just step outside to look for their friend and poof, they're both gone. I've watched people try to do that on tabs of just 2 beer (1 per person).

Most go-gos charge around 150-180 baht for a "Jack/coke" (which is actually my knickname in a lot of places as that is all I ever order). I routinely check my tab to see if there are extras and in all the years I've been visiting various establishments I've NEVER had them try to pad the bill. I've seen crazy prices (up to 300 baht for a Jack/Coke in one place, until it shut down due to lack of business). I've seen 120 baht lady drinks that were just orange juice. On one single occasion I've had a bar "mistakenly" give me a "cheap bar whiskey/Coke" and charge me for a Jack but as soon as I mentioned it to the waitress she took a sniff, turned and took the drink back to the bar and brought me back a proper one.

Now I realize I've only been going to various establishments on Walking Street off and on for the last 22 years so I'm not as experienced as some here however, but in all those years I've never been assaulted or even threatened by any staff member of a bar/go-go, and on the (very) rare occasions where I realize I forgot to go to an ATM beforehand, I've never had a problem. Once I had a service girl go with me to show me the closest ATM and that was it.

It would be interesting to see the CCTV footage to see if indeed the 2nd girl tried to take off and the staff tried to stop her and if SHE was the one that started the fight (not wanting to get "nicked" for trying to do a runner and all).

People are real quick to jump all over the staff because they have this idiotic assumption that if a "fellow foreigner" is involved then that foreigner MUST automatically be in the right, regardless of the situation.

nobody knows what went on here except perhaps the girls, the bar and Pattaya People who ran the story, maybe some details have been selectively excluded like these girls were scammed, I'd like to hear the girls complete version on events but either way the extablishment should have called the police if there was a problem, stopping someone from leaving does not require giving them a beating, I hope the bar is now forced to compensate the girls for this serious assault and possibly more.

walking street has out-priced themselves through greed and short sightedness and now resort to extortion to make money - sound familiar ?

I have never been but would envisaged a double Jack Daniels and Coke being in the region of 300-400 Baht, that's only 6 or 7 drinks each, quite easy to do.

in some places walking street only 1 beer 300-400 baths

palace agogo is part of the french group............mandarin, light house, crazy house etc and their drinks prices are pretty much in line with other gogos.

a draught beer is 80 bht a bottle not sure but around 140 i think.

but quite easy to reach 5,000 bht if you have bought a few lady drinks which are 150 across the group.

the running bin is a computer print in there and every time you buy a drink an a new ticket is issued with the amended amount.

it's not rocket science to keep an eye on what you have spent v how much cash you have brought out that evening

Understood. But to have their injuries checked out and verified by hospital staff seems to indicate they are serious. Along with the threat of a 5 years closure for the venue.

The police would for sure help out the bar. If not the police, then the police volunteers, who are always on WS. And just a short walk away from any venue. They took it upon themselves to rough up some women. Big men...

Just getting checked out at a hospital doesnt prove anything .

Looking at the girls, they do not seem injured, one looks a bit red, but thats about it .

Just looks like she has been restrained, She could easily have disappeared before any police arrived , she could have been gone within a few seconds, , maybe the security just grabbed her to make sure she stayed put .

If they would have paid their bill, or if the other one would have come back promptly, and the other one didnt try to leave then everything would have been OK .

Its quite unfair of the bar to have any trouble, when the girls are in the wrong

These ladies look like a decent pair but hey... Walking Street in Pattaya / a-gogo bar / way too much alcohol / problem about paying the bill ... that's a pretty explosive combination.

And of course, as usual, we hear only one side of the story.

nobody knows what went on here except perhaps the girls, the bar and Pattaya People who ran the story, maybe some details have been selectively excluded like these girls were scammed, I'd like to hear the girls complete version on events but either way the extablishment should have called the police if there was a problem, stopping someone from leaving does not require giving them a beating, I hope the bar is now forced to compensate the girls for this serious assault and possibly more.

walking street has out-priced themselves through greed and short sightedness and now resort to extortion to make money - sound familiar ?

If the girls had been scammed and the Police were called, dont you think that they would have made a complaint and refused to pay the bill?

They didnt , which suggests that the bill was legitimate.

The girls didnt get a beating , look at the photos,

Oh please, the answer is obvious.

They racked up a bill, no padding required. They tried to do a runner using the oldest trick in the book. I'm sure the staff and bar managers/owners see that almost every single night where 1 person suddenly leaves and shortly after the other one pretends to just step outside to look for their friend and poof, they're both gone. I've watched people try to do that on tabs of just 2 beer (1 per person).

Most go-gos charge around 150-180 baht for a "Jack/coke" (which is actually my knickname in a lot of places as that is all I ever order). I routinely check my tab to see if there are extras and in all the years I've been visiting various establishments I've NEVER had them try to pad the bill. I've seen crazy prices (up to 300 baht for a Jack/Coke in one place, until it shut down due to lack of business). I've seen 120 baht lady drinks that were just orange juice. On one single occasion I've had a bar "mistakenly" give me a "cheap bar whiskey/Coke" and charge me for a Jack but as soon as I mentioned it to the waitress she took a sniff, turned and took the drink back to the bar and brought me back a proper one.

Now I realize I've only been going to various establishments on Walking Street off and on for the last 22 years so I'm not as experienced as some here however, but in all those years I've never been assaulted or even threatened by any staff member of a bar/go-go, and on the (very) rare occasions where I realize I forgot to go to an ATM beforehand, I've never had a problem. Once I had a service girl go with me to show me the closest ATM and that was it.

It would be interesting to see the CCTV footage to see if indeed the 2nd girl tried to take off and the staff tried to stop her and if SHE was the one that started the fight (not wanting to get "nicked" for trying to do a runner and all).

People are real quick to jump all over the staff because they have this idiotic assumption that if a "fellow foreigner" is involved then that foreigner MUST automatically be in the right, regardless of the situation.

Maybe they just have a keen eye for green tourists who are easily scammed

When the other one tried to leave without anyone paying the bill is when problems arose.

It is actually illegal in Thailand to leave an establishment without paying the bill .

Which has just reminded me, I still have an outstanding bar bill from last week end, really must go and pay it today

No but they were most certainly fleeced and the reason they didn't have enough money was because the gangsters running the bar jacked up their tab and then threatened them for not paying the fully inflated amount.

Where did you get that info from ?

Or do you think that is just what probably happened ?

Are you using what you think probably may happened as actual facts ?

My point being is the lack of details in the report

If it was known that the girls were only in there for say 45mins it would paint an entirely different picture same as if they were in there for 3 hours, this information I would like to know

That is what everyone is doing because of the lack of details in the report - see my post above

all anyone here really knows -

the bill was 5k baht

one of them left to go to an atm

one or both were assaulted before or after paying the bill

the rest is guesswork

I have never been but would envisaged a double Jack Daniels and Coke being in the region of 300-400 Baht, that's only 6 or 7 drinks each, quite easy to do.

in some places walking street only 1 beer 300-400 baths

palace agogo is part of the french group............mandarin, light house, crazy house etc and their drinks prices are pretty much in line with other gogos.

a draught beer is 80 bht a bottle not sure but around 140 i think.

but quite easy to reach 5,000 bht if you have bought a few lady drinks which are 150 across the group.

the running bin is a computer print in there and every time you buy a drink an a new ticket is issued with the amended amount.

it's not rocket science to keep an eye on what you have spent v how much cash you have brought out that evening

then , you would be able to confirm me the price of 2 beers (big bottles) in the angel witch , wouldn't you ? wink.png

http://pattaya123.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Angelwitch-pattaya.jpg

just to prove that 5.000 couldn't be expensive......

I have only been to a girly bar once , in Bangkok . I paid for drinks as ordered , so no more money , no more drinks .

These women are complete idiots who don't know how to conduct themselves in a foreign land , as are many of the tourists who come to Thailand on holiday .

Good that someone read what actually is reported.

No mention of Thai guys assaulting anyone.

The customers ran up a bill which none of them could pay and apparently tried to evade it.

Unconfirmed reports from the ground are that when the woman who remained behind attempted to leave the bar without the bill having been paid, Service Staff tried to persuade her not to, she became violent and an altercation occurred between her and one of them, resulting in the injuries to the customer.

No photo of the Service Girl, who was said to be unfit for work last night - dunno.

The BiB visited again last night and the GoGo is obviously in a lot of trouble as a result.

What lessons might these 2 learn if they have any brains?

Don't hang around the worst tourist central areas like Walking Street or Bangla Road. The people there can turn hostile very quickly.

Don't get sh1tfaced when you don't have a lot of friends around to help you out.

Thais, particularly those familiar with drunken farangs, do not have unlimited patience with drunken farangs.

Never run up a bill that you cannot pay at the due and expected time.

Don't try to do a runner. This is not farangland.

If you do try to do a runner, expect a beating. This is not farangland.

If you try to do the runner, you will get the beating and still have to pay.

Thailand is not always nice. It can be ruthless.

Do not combine the above errors. It will compound the problem.

Better still dont go to Thailand.

LOS, Land of scams.

That is what everyone is doing because of the lack of details in the report - see my post above

all anyone here really knows -

the bill was 5k baht

one of them left to go to an atm

one or both were assaulted before or after paying the bill

the rest is guesswork

So yourself clamming that their bar tab was inflated isnt an actual fact ?

Just what you think may have happened .

The fact that the girls didnt even say to the Police that their bill was inflated or make a complaint , which would have meant they wouldnt have had to pay it, with the Police present, suggests that the bill WASNT inflated

Physical violence directed towards customers who fall prey to ruthless tactics (presenting padded bills after the customer has lost count and are inebriated)... is pretty much the norm here. Things will not change....so it is wise to insist that you "pay as you go". When going in for a lengthy stay, insist on paying, as each and every drink/round is received. Police will be of no help, when you get upset at the surprise bill (after a few hours of "enjoyment"). Nobody is going to vouch for you on your behalf.

I also prefer to have my bill itemized, and placed in a cup in front of me. Read the front, then flip it over and read the back. Common practices include charging the higher of two prices...for ladies drinks or misunderstanding the waitress when she points to a few other girls and asks you if you want to buy the one sitting with you another drink.

I don't like going to these places anymore.....it's just about buying attention, and never met anybody of any value this way. A hard and expensive lesson. Many bars are fun...these kind are not.

"fall prey to ruthless tactics"

Ah yes, the scheming Thais taking advantage of the angelic farang who mistook the gogo bar for a Baptist revival meeting.

Don't hang around the worst tourist central areas like Walking Street or Bangla Road. The people there can turn hostile very quickly.

Don't get sh1tfaced when you don't have a lot of friends around to help you out.

Thais, particularly those familiar with drunken farangs, do not have unlimited patience with drunken farangs.

LOS, Land of scams.

Unreal ,Two foreigners try to scam some Thais and you are saying that Thais tried to scam foreigners !!!!!!

Unbelievable

LOS, Land of scams.

Unreal ,Two foreigners try to scam some Thais and you are saying that Thais tried to scam foreigners !!!!!!

Unbelievable

Get your facts straight,,,,,,5,000B bar bill. <deleted>.

Archived