Canadian Teachers report assault at Pattaya Go-Go Bar

rooster59

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bangkok Post is reporting 2 tourists beaten up by a group of baht bus drivers. No links allowed here...

Assaults on tourists happens all too often here. With little or no consequences.

+1

Very true .wai2.gif

I do believe now, the two girls from the go-go bar were trying to do a runner,

that would never have ended well blink.png

They should have got the guys to pay the bill before they left.

they gave it large and it went wrong.

Hmmm, the vehemence with which the bar girls attacked the teachers tells me they entertained the Canadians but didn't get a tip or a drink, compounding the issue by claiming they did not have enough money. Bar girls have been known to go crazy in this situation. It's very likely the "teachers" didn't know how things work in Thailand go-go bars or were too cheap.

But the claim the teachers didn't have enough money for 4 drinks each (based on the PattayaOne comment) and even crazier claim that two nearby men threw their bill in with the teachers, make the teachers' story highly implausible.

The bar erred by not calling the police immediately and erred even more by "beating" them up.

while stupid it's insane for her friend not to come back quickly and insane for her to try and leave

lesson never, ever go partying without enough cash and I always take out 10k every time and leave all else (cards etc.) at home

Why was it insane. According to the new update she had problems withdrawing at the ATM and had to go back to her hotel to get the cash.

I reckon it's insane to take too much cash out as you're probably going to spend it all if you're drunk, or lose it.smile.png

Customers requiring a quick trip the ATM to get cash to pay bar bills is common practice here. It's not like ATM's are hard to find. Sometimes customers have to return to their rooms to raid their safes, accompanied by a bar staff member. This really is no big deal and I'm sure bar managers would rather suffer this inconvenience than lose out on sales from a drunk foreigner spending big.

while stupid it's insane for her friend not to come back quickly and insane for her to try and leave

lesson never, ever go partying without enough cash and I always take out 10k every time and leave all else (cards etc.) at home

Why was it insane. According to the new update she had problems withdrawing at the ATM and had to go back to her hotel to get the cash.

I reckon it's insane to take too much cash out as you're probably going to spend it all if you're drunk, or lose it.smile.png

Customers requiring a quick trip the ATM to get cash to pay bar bills is common practice here. It's not like ATM's are hard to find. Sometimes customers have to return to their rooms to raid their safes, accompanied by a bar staff member. This really is no big deal and I'm sure bar managers would rather suffer this inconvenience than lose out on sales from a drunk foreigner spending big.

Respectfully I think your advice dangerous and after travelling extensively over 25 years from Moscow to Phnom Penh to Saigon to Pattaya and everywhere in between is NEVER, EVER take your cards or passport out partying.

Take a limited amount of cash and pay-as-you-go and 10k in Thailand is only 300US and normally I bring back 6 to 7k even after a pretty hard night out BUT I have the 10k in my pocket if I need it. Trips to ATMs or back to your room can present all sorts of dangers and I don't advise it at all.

Anyway they are still alive and won't be doing that again any time soon.

IME; You're better off with your card.If my cash gets lost or stolen it's gone, if my KrungThai card disappears, I report it lost and don't pay for any charges I didn't make. Only charge is for a new card and the headache of going to the bank. Kinda odd that bar staff didn't go with the girl to the ATM.

IME; You're better off with your card.If my cash gets lost or stolen it's gone, if my KrungThai card disappears, I report it lost and don't pay for any charges I didn't make. Only charge is for a new card and the headache of going to the bank. Kinda odd that bar staff didn't go with the girl to the ATM.

A local bank card yes your right, easy to get some more out.

if lost easy to get new one.

But if its a foreign bank card ( people on holiday ) , this can be bad news if lost.

loads of hassle to replace.wai2.gif

No money No Honey, even if your a brain dead Canadian teacher.

If this pair is teaching, I shudder to think what is being taught.

I wonder if they will be sacked the same way a male teacher would be if similar circumstances happened?

"her friend didn't return"-and no cell phone to call her? right.

This dynamic duo was trying a feminist runner.

Only 10K? What a lightweight.

Yes, I'd be just as upset if men were assaulted. But assaulting women is about the lowest thing man can do, so yes, I am more upset if victims hapoen to be women.

I can't believe several posters here side with perps, and blame victims. This is so insane.

Why do you say assaulted? There is a difference between forcibly detained and being assaulted. Where is there physical evidence of assault? I don't see battered women in the photos, I just see 2 drunk princesses giving academy ward performances.

Did you read the title, 'Canadian Teachers report assault'?

I go with what they told at police station.

Don't quote me, don't address me any more, I put you on ignore list. I won't talk to people who justify, or try to find excuses for violence towards women.

Now come one Whitemouse, Someone saying that no assault took place ISNT trying to justify the assault

In the Thai press the story was reported that the two girls sent out their friend to go to an ATM to withdraw the money to pay the 5000 Baht bill while they remained in the bar. The friend took a long time to come back because apparently they were unable to get the money from the ATM so had to make a further journey back to the hotel room to get the funds.

Due to the delay the two teachers tried to wander out into the road to look for their friend and when the staff tried to stop them leaving the altercation ensued.

Another version of events was posted by 'CanadianTraveler' in the comments section of the Pattayaone.net article posted in the OP:

"I am one of the girls that was involved in this story and this is totally inaccurate. They made it sound like it was our fault when in reality we did nothing wrong. We payed for our bill which was not 5000baht, we both had 4 drinks each, which we payed for but 2 other men separate from us left us with their bills. We told the staff there we payed our bill, that the rest was the mens and they wouldn't listen. We tried to leave as we payed our bill and didn't have money to pay for the men's bill that ditched out on their tabs, one of which they let leave and kept us. They then jumped my friend, 4 girls 1 man, and started beating her. I held off 2 when the manager grabbed my arms and they continued to kick and scratch her. Police came and as we were leaving, the same stripper who originally jumped my friend, attacked me again. We also told the police this multiple times but it seems the reporters rather make things up and make the tourists look to blame."

Beside the fact that our Canadian teacher can't spell ("payed" is spelled "paid" ... a mistake you would expect from a 10 year old), this story adds little to their credibility. Three Canadian girls and they didn't have 5,000 baht between them? None of the three girls saw these "unfamiliar" guys sitting close by place their bills in their check bins? One manager and 4 girls lost control and jumped her friend through no provocation from our Canadian Princesses?? It wouldn't surprise me that the extra drinks that our Canadian Princesses didn't drink were for lady drinks ...... enough said.

In the Thai press the story was reported that the two girls sent out their friend to go to an ATM to withdraw the money to pay the 5000 Baht bill while they remained in the bar. The friend took a long time to come back because apparently they were unable to get the money from the ATM so had to make a further journey back to the hotel room to get the funds.

Due to the delay the two teachers tried to wander out into the road to look for their friend and when the staff tried to stop them leaving the altercation ensued.

Another version of events was posted by 'CanadianTraveler' in the comments section of the Pattayaone.net article posted in the OP:

"I am one of the girls that was involved in this story and this is totally inaccurate. They made it sound like it was our fault when in reality we did nothing wrong. We payed for our bill which was not 5000baht, we both had 4 drinks each, which we payed for but 2 other men separate from us left us with their bills. We told the staff there we payed our bill, that the rest was the mens and they wouldn't listen. We tried to leave as we payed our bill and didn't have money to pay for the men's bill that ditched out on their tabs, one of which they let leave and kept us. They then jumped my friend, 4 girls 1 man, and started beating her. I held off 2 when the manager grabbed my arms and they continued to kick and scratch her. Police came and as we were leaving, the same stripper who originally jumped my friend, attacked me again. We also told the police this multiple times but it seems the reporters rather make things up and make the tourists look to blame."

OK, Ill accept that version of events .

The question is, where did the extra drinks come from ?

Was it a deliberate scam or was it just a mix up ?

Maybe the waitress just put the drinks onto the wrong bill

Thais said illegitimate violence should get the bar 5 years closure... Let's see if they will do that for good

It would be a shame that the rule applies when the "illegitimate violence" comes from the tourist !

The blonde lady barely got a few red marks, while a dancer has been sent to hospital with several long scratches on her back and a bad one just below her right eye. The mamasan who tried to stop the fight also got several scratches on her arm, shoulder and back, and also got bite marks!

Assaults on tourists happens all too often here. With little or no consequences.

And what consequences for the tourist who started the fight ?

5000 Baht worth of drinks the girls must have been legless.

Sounds to me with the tactics they used, they did not intend to pay the bill in the first place.

Imagine if all customers tried to pull that stunt !!

No sympathy at all.

Yes, as you say, it reeks of a planned scam on the girls' part; or they did what I've seen so many men do, get so blind drunk they don't know what they drank or who they bought drinks for and simply spent more than they brought with them. And, for all you big spenders, a round of drinks, could easily make B5k bill.

They did a 'runner' cos they thought it was a chick's lark. They found out it was not the case. GOOD.Anybody who renege on a bill deserves a slap - irrespective of thier gender - it's called equality .

The girls claim that they went to the ATM but couldnt make a withdrawal, so had to go back to the hotel .

Unless we have any evidence of the contrary, then we will just have to accept that explanation , maybe the girls are not at fault here .

Maybe they got a bill higher then they budgeted for, then tried to pay the extra money and didnt try to do a runner.

The n again, if this was a deliberate scam by the bar, then the girls had every right to try to avoid paying

They did a 'runner' cos they thought it was a chick's lark. They found out it was not the case. GOOD.Anybody who renege on a bill deserves a slap - irrespective of thier gender - it's called equality .

Although they dent doing a runner, She claims that she just went outside to see if her friend was coming .

Just going outside to look and going outside with the intention of running away are two different things .

We actually dont know either way what her intentions where

Come on guys for heaven sake..

They are Canadian female teachers including a decent income in Pattaya. normally 65.000-75,000 month plus free housing.

There is no need for them to do any runner for any bill!!

Most likely the scum that is working in these bars misunderstood something and instead of asking some questions they decided to beat the girls first and then ask some questions.

Also the bill amount of 5,000 bht seems incredible high and most likely is a scam from the bar staff.

This bar should be closed for 5 years cause the law is that in case of violence from staff against guest..

Next...

boo hoo , wawa waaaa , sob sob sob , these two got caught stealing . plain and simple . stop making excuses for them , over charged on drinks , bar-girl whores took advantage of them , they were confused . all that is b/s . they played with bar-girls , got drunk and failed at making a clean getaway . if this was a couple guys the holier then thou peepes on TV would be screaming for shackles and the cheapest way to the river ..........loosen up the seat-belts on your bar stools , you need to keep the blood moving or you get stupid . bada bada bing ..............

I think you have it in u to become a great cop...The way u falsely accuse these hard working female farang teachers without any knowledge of the case is stunning . .Why u support scum that works in these Go Go bars and why u cheer for the violence against these Female teachers it is more then bizar.

Farang teachers have a high income in Thailand no need for them to do any runner.A bill of 5,000 seems just another popular bar scam in Pats.Then violently ganging up in a group against 2 females teachers should get this bar locked up for 5 years minimum according to thai laws....

You should think twice when you read only the Go-Go bar staff their side of the story..

A 5,000 Baht bin at a gogo bar racked up by two female Canucks. That implies a <deleted> load of lady drinks bought for the girls. Or maybe they bought a few baskets of ping pong balls as well? facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Sounds like maybe they bat for the other team.

No excuses for the security staff over reacting to this situation and they deserve some punishment,

I dont understand why the bar didn't take their ATM card. I've used ATM cards in Pattaya Go-go bars, but normally I bring enough cash to cover my expenses and drink Coke so I dont get so drunk I can manage the cash I brought into the bar. Essentially they beat these two girls up because the bar has not caught up with their competitors in Pattaya and moved up to the 21st century and start accepting ATM and credit cards, which caused a delay in their payment. They girls had the ability and willingness to pay. Period, end of sentence. The bar owners should recognize that. The article should say which bar this was so foreigners know which bar to avoid.

A 5,000 Baht bin at a gogo bar racked up by two female Canucks. That implies a <deleted> load of lady drinks bought for the girls. Or maybe they bought a few baskets of ping pong balls as well? facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Sounds like maybe they bat for the other team.

No excuses for the security staff over reacting to this situation and they deserve some punishment,

I dont understand why the bar didn't take their ATM card. I've used ATM cards in Pattaya Go-go bars, but normally I bring enough cash to cover my expenses and drink Coke so I dont get so drunk I can manage the cash I brought into the bar. Essentially they beat these two girls up because the bar has not caught up with their competitors in Pattaya and moved up to the 21st century and start accepting ATM and credit cards, which caused a delay in their payment. They girls had the ability and willingness to pay. Period, end of sentence. The bar owners should recognize that. The article should say which bar this was so foreigners know which bar to avoid.

If you believe the girls then there was a problem with the ATM card which is why it took her so long to return to the bar, could be the bar tried to run their card and it got declined, and the name of the bar is mentioned inn the full article.

IMO; The whole 'she decided to walk out front and look for her friend' sounds a little fishy to me. Seems to me there was a major break in communication, why would you walk out of a bar knowing the staff are waiting for you to pay them. I think most people would would tell the bar staff before hand why they were going to walk out side; if they were being honest about the situation.

Archived