Canadian Teachers report assault at Pattaya Go-Go Bar

rooster59

Whenever I wonder why I've never been to one of these bars, a story like this turns up, and I'm reminded why.

I've never felt the need to try such a place, don't condemn those who do, but just not my number.

Most gogos are well run and honest.

Never a good idea to run a tab if you aren't a regular visitor to any bar (of any kind).

Personally, if I were in a gogo and some white women walked in, as customers, I would leave.

It isn't a suitable place for them, and I wouldn't be comfortable drinking with them present.

Are you really that narrow minded that you can't accept that those white women may have the exact same interest as you in that place?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thais only understand money is number one , sounds like these girls were ripped off,

yes they must been ripped off ...5000 that's crazy and still new people fall into this scam. Karaoke bars is another trap in Thailand .Jungle laws

You probably haven't spent much time in gogo bars... 5000 baht is not crazy at all. Get started doing rounds of lady drinks and you could be there in under an hour. I've had friends rack up over 10,000 in an hour. 5000 is commonplace for people getting into the groove.

I have already commented once and made my feelings known but would like to add one

more thing.

I have yet to meet a Canadian school teacher who did not think they were vastly underpaid,

(they think they should be paid the same as doctors), over worked, and under appreciated.

As a result they think they should get everything free or below cost. Every sales person

I know shudders when having to deal with teachers. I side with the bar 100% and only

hope this article make its way back to there schools. They make trouble for the bar, I hope

they have made an embarrassment for themselves at the same time.

I have already commented once and made my feelings known but would like to add one

more thing.

I have yet to meet a Canadian school teacher who did not think they were vastly underpaid,

(they think they should be paid the same as doctors), over worked, and under appreciated.

As a result they think they should get everything free or below cost. Every sales person

I know shudders when having to deal with teachers. I side with the bar 100% and only

hope this article make its way back to there schools. They make trouble for the bar, I hope

It's a shame you didn't refine your comments to whatever you said earlier, because this comment is seriously out of line.

Just because you met some Canadian school teachers you dislike you think it's fine for bar staff to physically assault them in order to extract payment. BTW, I believe most teachers are underpaid. It's not a job I'd want to do for the money they get.

From the limited details offered in this report, there was no malice intended and they just got caught with a bill larger than they expected. This is a very common occurrence in gogo bars. I've had to lend my friend money to pay his bill on more than one occasion. Part of drinking in bars is getting drunk, and when you're drunk you're not as focused on the details. These girls were good customers and should have been treated as such.

more thing.

It's a shame you didn't refine your comments to whatever you said earlier, because this comment is seriously out of line.

Just because you met some Canadian school teachers you dislike you think it's fine for bar staff to physically assault them in order to extract payment. BTW, I believe most teachers are underpaid.

Do try to keep up, it was the Canadian girls who attacked first, read all the thread

more thing.

Just because you met some Canadian school teachers you dislike you think it's fine for bar staff to physically assault them in order to extract payment. BTW, I believe most teachers are underpaid.

Do try to keep up, it was the Canadian girls who attacked first, read all the thread

LOL - I'm not interested in reading 7 pages.

I side with the bar 100% and only

hope this article make its way back to there schools. They make trouble for the bar,

I hope they have made an embarrassment for themselves at the same time.

They embarrassed themselves? Did you read the news report at all? Here, I'll give you a short version - 2 Canadian women were assaulted by bar staff. End of.

You side with people who assaulted women, now that is embarrassing!

hope this article make its way back to there schools. They make trouble for the bar,

They embarrassed themselves? Did you read the news report at all? Here, I'll give you a short version - 2 Canadian women were assaulted by bar staff. End of.

I wonder if you would be so sympathetic if it involved 2 Canadian male teachers. Being a Canadian male myself I'me very suspicious about them playing the "poor little me" get out of jail free card which they have grown accustomed to in Canada. Most probably one of the first times these little princesses couldn't get their own way. Getting back to the story, If she was so concerned about where her friend was why did she not phone her up on her smart phone. I doubt if they could last 5 minutes without their smart phones. Looking at the photos its just a big drama act .. no visible markings other than a few scratches. As there was no mention of bill padding or being overcharged, It makes sense that one should stay while the other gets the money. If she was allowed to go outside what guarantees would the bar have that she wouldn't do a runner and never be seen again.

Yes, I'd be just as upset if men were assaulted. But assaulting women is about the lowest thing man can do, so yes, I am more upset if victims hapoen to be women.

I can't believe several posters here side with perps, and blame victims. This is so insane.

Why do you say assaulted? There is a difference between forcibly detained and being assaulted. Where is there physical evidence of assault? I don't see battered women in the photos, I just see 2 drunk princesses giving academy ward performances.

Yes, I'd be just as upset if men were assaulted. But assaulting women is about the lowest thing man can do, so yes, I am more upset if victims hapoen to be women.

I can't believe several posters here side with perps, and blame victims. This is so insane.

Why do you say assaulted? There is a difference between forcibly detained and being assaulted. Where is there physical evidence of assault? I don't see battered women in the photos, I just see 2 drunk princesses giving academy ward performances.

Did you read the title, 'Canadian Teachers report assault'?

I go with what they told at police station.

Don't quote me, don't address me any more, I put you on ignore list. I won't talk to people who justify, or try to find excuses for violence towards women.

Did you read the title, 'Canadian Teachers report assault'?

I go with what they told at police station.

Don't quote me, don't address me any more, I put you on ignore list. I won't talk to people who justify, or try to find excuses for violence towards women.

Re: Did you read the title, 'Canadian Teachers report assault'?

Yes I did read the title and as I said before there was no evidence of them being assaulted. Drunk women and men falsely reporting that they were assaulted is also unacceptable. Just imagine if someone stole something from you, you tried to get your property back, and later that night charges were laid against you for assault. You may put me on your ignore list for not agreeing with you. Its your decision, however, I would be more impressed if you were able to counter my arguments with facts not emotion.

What makes you think they were assaulted by men ? according to a post in this thread a fight occurred with a female member of staff who then was taken to hospital.

What are young women doing in gogo bars ?smile.png

How did they manage a 5k bill?cheesy.gif

What sort of idiots are they really?coffee1.gif

More fine examples of the teaching profession in Thailandwhistling.gif

Right? Two white women in a go go bar. What could go wrong? duh. They need to take their dumb asses back home.

I wonder if you would be so sympathetic if it involved 2 Canadian male teachers. Being a Canadian male myself I'me very suspicious about them playing the "poor little me" get out of jail free card which they have grown accustomed to in Canada. Most probably one of the first times these little princesses couldn't get their own way. Getting back to the story, If she was so concerned about where her friend was why did she not phone her up on her smart phone. I doubt if they could last 5 minutes without their smart phones. Looking at the photos its just a big drama act .. no visible markings other than a few scratches. As there was no mention of bill padding or being overcharged, It makes sense that one should stay while the other gets the money. If she was allowed to go outside what guarantees would the bar have that she wouldn't do a runner and never be seen again.

All this hatred and contempt for young Canadian woman coming out here... the 2nd one that I've read so far... I don't care what happened, there was no justification for the assault.

Edit: Make that 3.

(Unless someone comes back with credible information about what happened, other than hearsay, I'm sticking with the report in the OP)

In the Thai press the story was reported that the two girls sent out their friend to go to an ATM to withdraw the money to pay the 5000 Baht bill while they remained in the bar. The friend took a long time to come back because apparently they were unable to get the money from the ATM so had to make a further journey back to the hotel room to get the funds.
Due to the delay the two teachers tried to wander out into the road to look for their friend and when the staff tried to stop them leaving the altercation ensued.

Another version of events was posted by 'CanadianTraveler' in the comments section of the Pattayaone.net article posted in the OP:
"I am one of the girls that was involved in this story and this is totally inaccurate. They made it sound like it was our fault when in reality we did nothing wrong. We payed for our bill which was not 5000baht, we both had 4 drinks each, which we payed for but 2 other men separate from us left us with their bills. We told the staff there we payed our bill, that the rest was the mens and they wouldn't listen. We tried to leave as we payed our bill and didn't have money to pay for the men's bill that ditched out on their tabs, one of which they let leave and kept us. They then jumped my friend, 4 girls 1 man, and started beating her. I held off 2 when the manager grabbed my arms and they continued to kick and scratch her. Police came and as we were leaving, the same stripper who originally jumped my friend, attacked me again. We also told the police this multiple times but it seems the reporters rather make things up and make the tourists look to blame."

Was you my teacher when I were in school?

What are young women doing in gogo bars ?smile.png Are young women not allowed in bars?

A gogo is a private place for men and hookers.
If they aren't one or the other, they have no place in there.

Anyway,
When I were a teacher, If I had been photographed after a bar fight in a hooker joint, I would have been sacked on a morality clause.
Hopefully these two 'ladies' will likewise be dismissed.

As a Canadian this is my take on it, Canada is full of young women

who feel they can do as they please and suffer no consequences.They feel the can out smart others,or out talk others,or use the sexist card.

These were probably 2 lesbians who feel all the rights of women and all the rights of men.They feel invincible. They may have been playing with the dancers making false promises to get free play time.Starting their butch abuse a little to the girls. they may have even thought they could do a runner on the thais who to them may seem easy tarket for things like that and they got caught.

I hope this was good lesson to them. May be they will go back to Canada a little wiser.

Forgot to say Canadian women are great liars too so I believe very little they say.

Women in Canada free roll and abuse all the time and get away with it because in in Canada were taught not to assault women . Well this isThailand they try their crap here they get what they deserve,but other men will not do I am getting to be a believer if women want to act tough,be ready to back it up same as a man.They want privilege give them responsibilty also.

These women could be lieing to protect themselves also. Quite commen for Canadian women to always play the victim role even if they have to lie

Small Thai man assaults white woman twice his size ..... Is the lowest thing he could do?? Sounds quite brave to me.

Small Thai man assaults white woman twice his size ..... Is the lowest thing he could do?? Sounds quite brave to me.

But I believe all the involved parties were women?

clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Love the comment, but I think you're a bit off.

As I understand it, this was most likely a butch vs cat fight, with Butch trying to do a runner.

I have a lesbian butch cousin.

I'm 5' 10" and 190 lbs, and I wouldn't pick a fight with her. I'd lose, but of course in a bar, the staff always have lots of backup and aren't scared of anything.

boo hoo , wawa waaaa , sob sob sob , these two got caught stealing . plain and simple . stop making excuses for them , over charged on drinks , bar-girl whores took advantage of them , they were confused . all that is b/s . they played with bar-girls , got drunk and failed at making a clean getaway . if this was a couple guys the holier then thou peepes on TV would be screaming for shackles and the cheapest way to the river ..........loosen up the seat-belts on your bar stools , you need to keep the blood moving or you get stupid . bada bada bing ..............

Archived