CNX night flights... anything we can do?

arithai12

This thread has me feeling all nostalgic. I've checked what went down at DTW in the last 24 hours. Sure enough, no flights after 1:30 am. Looks like they're still reserved the 4:45 - 5:30 am time slot for landings of FedEx and now UPS flights. And then commercial passengers flights start to take off at 5:30 am. 10 departures between 5:30 and 6 am. Wonder if the OP could live with that? Then there were 15 arrivals in the next hour. After that I got bored counting.

As I said, Hubby and I just got used to stopping conversation every few minutes when a plane flew overhead.

Bet Hubby wished they were flying overhead all the time.

:)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This thread has me feeling all nostalgic. I've checked what went down at DTW in the last 24 hours. Sure enough, no flights after 1:30 am. Looks like they're still reserved the 4:45 - 5:30 am time slot for landings of FedEx and now UPS flights. And then commercial passengers flights start to take off at 5:30 am. 10 departures between 5:30 and 6 am. Wonder if the OP could live with that? Then there were 15 arrivals in the next hour. After that I got bored counting.

As I said, Hubby and I just got used to stopping conversation every few minutes when a plane flew overhead.

Bet Hubby wished they were flying overhead all the time.

smile.png

He had a garden to escape to then. A window box on the condo is hardly the same escape.

Never hear them,as I am asleep that time of night.

regards Worgeordie

Similarly, I've been to Chiang Mai 7 or 8 times and never once heard or was bothered by jet noise.

The OP must live near the airport.

Was that a choice?

No it was not a choice. Immigration chooses certain people upon entry and tells them where they must live and they can not choose another place. The unlucky ones must live near the airport, open air late night bars and crematoriums. Their 90 day reports, TM 28s and TM 30s are audited carefully.

That's a good one. Maybe they should do as in Riyadh. Build some falang ghetto's with high walls around and armed guards in the front!?.

regards Worgeordie

Similarly, I've been to Chiang Mai 7 or 8 times and never once heard or was bothered by jet noise.

Was that a choice?

No it was not a choice. Immigration chooses certain people upon entry and tells them where they must live and they can not choose another place. The unlucky ones must live near the airport, open air late night bars and crematoriums. Their 90 day reports, TM 28s and TM 30s are audited carefully.

This is Thailand, not Australia.

regards Worgeordie

Was that a choice?

That's a good one. Maybe they should do as in Riyadh. Build some falang ghetto's with high walls around and armed guards in the front!?.

The guards to keep them in, quite appropriate for too many in CM.

Then Immigration are going to have to do something about the arrival area. When two medium size aircraft arrive from China/Macau within a few minutes of each other, it is total bedlam.

One way of speeding things up is to do what the Chinese airports do, and have a special lane for over 65s or those with disabilities.

Do I detect some self-interest in this comment? whistling.gif

Then Immigration are going to have to do something about the arrival area. When two medium size aircraft arrive from China/Macau within a few minutes of each other, it is total bedlam.

One way of speeding things up is to do what the Chinese airports do, and have a special lane for over 65s or those with disabilities.

Do I detect some self-interest in this comment? whistling.gif

Just give the Chinese a special lane so they can all get in each others way and not annoy all the other travellers.

They shouldn't complain. After all, they get a free visa!!

True ....I think instead of a lane for just the Chinese , let's have a paying lane instead like toll roads ...this way it's win win for all

Revenue goes to the terminal for faster wifi :P , Chinese get out of everyone's way , the western folks who are willing to pay smiles more and those who enjoy whining about unfair treatment have another sub topic to start again

Hahahhah :)

i often see them fly over my place, for the most part I lightly hear them or it is a light roar. But every few days there is always one that is so loud and rumbles so much my heart jumps and I brace myself for plane impact, as if that would do any good.. Feels and sounds like it is coming right through my balcony door.... but it is what it is living close to an airport, i accept it.