Premier says reform takes continuous effort

rooster59

Premier says reform takes continuous effort

Thammarat Thadaphrom

post-247607-0-93742200-1455346774_thumb.

BANGKOK, 13 February 2016 (NNT) - Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has restated that achieving national reform, will take continuous effort from all sectors of society.

The Thai Premier said the reform process will proceed with the country’s 20-year strategic plan, while some matters could even take longer than 20 years. He said everyone should keep in mind that the world is constantly changing; therefore, the country must brace itself for changes that will inevitably come.

Not only Thailand he said, but countries around the world including superpowers, are reforming themselves every day. Just as in Thailand, others also encounter poverty and social disparity.

Gen Prayut said the reform effort must be assessed every five years, so as to allow the people to understand how far Thailand has come, as well as to allow the government to manage future risks.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-01-13 footer_n.gif

I tend to disagree with assisment every 5 years, instead do every year and modify / change your 5 year plan so as to stay up to date. Hold those responsible who are behind schedule and proceed to catch up and get back to where you planned on being. doing the job assigned, within the time frame alloted (if reasonable) is the goal /object of any dedicated team player, as all must work together to have a chance of accomplishing what was set out to be done in its total goal or the entire goal has failed, normally due to a individual who failed to do his part.

Finde this weakness early, replace him/her with compentence and get back on schedule

Dear Mr. PM,

The committees you have tasked with defining reform have never adequately explained the scope of reform, and seem hell bent on keeping certain problematic areas out-of-bounds. Accordingly, there is reason to suspect your reform agenda is biased, and little more than a smokescreen.

Please consider this to be constructive criticism, for the benefit of Thailand, of course.

Regards, PDL

Talk about continuous effort.

Twenty constitutions and the Thai military still can't get it right.

Now on No. 21 with No. 22 as Plan B.

It is said that Practice makes perfect but never getting something right is Perfect arrogance.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it makes permanent. Which is why most golfers are stuck in disappointment.

"Not only Thailand he said, but countries around the world including superpowers, are reforming themselves every day.

Gen Prayut said the reform effort must be assessed every five years"

So Thailand is actually going backwards.

will take continuous effort from all sectors of society.

Does that include the likes of WeMove, a rights group having been raided twice whilst holding a forum to discuss the new charter? Or the New Democracy Movement having been descended upon by both overt and undercover police/army at a football stadium last Thursday? Or do they have no say at all, rather alike the rest of the Thai people deemed 'dust under the feet'?

Does that include the likes of WeMove, a rights group having been raided twice whilst holding a forum to discuss the new charter? Or the New Democracy Movement having been descended upon by both overt and undercover police/army at a football stadium last Thursday? Or do they have no say at all, rather alike the rest of the Thai people deemed 'dust under the feet'?

have you noticed TVF does not report on these things anymore? loads of stories NOT covered? raiding the Bridge Club? and those you mentioned and MANY more

have you noticed TVF does not report on these things anymore? loads of stories NOT covered? raiding the Bridge Club? and those you mentioned and MANY more

Yes I have noticed. Albeit the incredulous raid on the Bridge club, whilst being reported globally, was relegated to the Pattaya forum.

that should read; "Purging and then keeping down your political opponents takes continuous effort."

Absolutely correct but ALL political parties do it and none of them plan for more than 3 or 4 years ahead anyway as they may not be in power when the long term plans come to fruition.

In my time here I have yet to see any political party plan for the long term benefit of ALL the Thai people.

Open your own forum then and cover/report on all the news stories.

IIRC raiding the bridge club still has a couple of ongoing posts. That was well covered on TVF

The "other newspaper" reported the thing about the football stadium at 20.14 last night and that only happened yesterday. I cannot give a link to the BKK Post stories as it is against TVF rules but I am sure that if you read the papers you will find it has been covered. They are both covered in the Nation as well.

Try reading and doing a little research before you post, Who knows, it may help.

that should read; "Purging and then keeping down your political opponents takes continuous effort."

Absolutely correct but ALL political parties do it and none of them plan for more than 3 or 4 years ahead anyway as they may not be in power when the long term plans come to fruition.

In my time here I have yet to see any political party plan for the long term benefit of ALL the Thai people.

Are you really trying to compare a purge by a military junta with inter-party political jousting?

Good job, ... now run along and give the general a giant junta-hug...

I believe the lid is on Thai media now. No more articles of limited substance from The Nation, and nothing ever from BP of course.

Just daily drivel from NNT. And occasionally an article from Coconuts...minus the boing boing sound effects.

One could read in to this that something is getting closer.

Open your own forum then and cover/report on all the news stories.

IIRC raiding the bridge club still has a couple of ongoing posts. That was well covered on TVF

The "other newspaper" reported the thing about the football stadium at 20.14 last night and that only happened yesterday. I cannot give a link to the BKK Post stories as it is against TVF rules but I am sure that if you read the papers you will find it has been covered. They are both covered in the Nation as well.

Try reading and doing a little research before you post, Who knows, it may help.

you purposely misread my post? we KNOW they have been covered in the newspapers that was not my point try putting on your glasses, keeping your trap shut and engage brain if possible for once

An excellent analysis of the unelected P.M. whistling.gif

SYMPTOMOLOGY

Mood Lability: Subject suffers from severe mood lability (mood swings) characterized by recurring outbursts of anger. The behavior manifests when subject feels unappreciated and resentful toward people who do not appreciate or praise him.

I applaud this writer. clap2.gif

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1455356637&section=02

"Gen Prayut replied in an uncomfortable moods when asked about the land sale in a last question after the cabinet meeting yesterday at a press conference."

"He said: “It’s the company’s business so go ask it. I’ve nothing to do with it.”

"It said the buyer of the land, of which major shareholder had a British Virgin Islands address."

"According to Isara News Agency, Col Prapat Chan-o-cha, Gen Prayut’s father, sold nine plots totalling 50 rai in Bangkok’s Bang Bon district to 69 Property on May 9, 2013,

seven days after the company was registered."

"The major shareholder of the company when the deal took place had a British Virgin Islands address, Isara News said, citing the Business Department’s data."

"After a capital increase, the major shareholder now is the company linked to Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi, a liquor and property billionaire."

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/70895

Edited by iReason