Stray dogs, are they dangerous?

The GF's dad was bitten by a stray dog at a funeral a few months ago.

A course of three anti rabies jabs over a few weeks were the result.

It was owned by another villager and she apologised after a couple of days. It made me smile when the GF told me that her cousin had threatened to kill the dog unless the dog owner did apologise.biggrin.png

My experience of Thai dogs has been of strays lying in the middle of the road when I have been driving. They are usually too sleepy with the heat to be doing much.

I wouldn’t pet, touch or encourage any of them.

If you have access to the dog that bit your GF's dad, why did he have to get the shots?

The villager's dog has rabies?

Oh I get it, I thought the dog had to have the shots cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been in UK to see if I like it. could not find Street food and full of ugly ladies. empty Street with no dog. very boring country.

back in Thailand.. there is nothing good left in UK.

you want stay in UK just because you are scared of dogs? I m more scared of UK tax.

Very good! I don't know. Maybe just a precaution but a good one I think if rabies in Thailand is that bad.

Knowing the GF's dad doesn't take many things that seriously I was surprised that he went and had all three jabs. He took the whole thing very seriously indeed. Maybe he knows something that we don't?

I 'm more scared of UK tax.

That is the truth...

Trouble is if you play russian roulette with the jabs and opt not have them...and the dog has rabies...you die. No ifs or buts

Get the cousin to apply the same tactics to pay for the jabs

Wife got bitten at a temple, surprisingly no one at the temple wanted to take responsibility, least of all the woman who defends and feeds them. They also baulked at our cousin's (well her brother actually) offer to euthanize the biter

I most certainly DO know about Thai people and Thai dogs.

Dogs instinctively don't want to bite you but it seems you instinctively want to bite them. Where would you place yourself and the dog on the cruel and bad attitude scale?

Me anyway I set the dogs at the lowest animal species, right next to the hyena to be precise.
Around my house mutts felt owner of the first places barking at little unusual noise. After several different kinds of tests and varied I finally found the fatal weapon to get rid of.
With this way they made a wide detour to settle later near the house of a Thai who has rid us definitively with poison.
The beginning of a true friendship ...

post-234089-0-39930600-1457547006_thumb.

Trouble is if you play russian roulette with the jabs and opt not have them...and the dog has rabies...you die. No ifs or buts

Get the cousin to apply the same tactics to pay for the jabs

Wife got bitten at a temple, surprisingly no one at the temple wanted to take responsibility, least of all the woman who defends and feeds them. They also baulked at our cousin's (well her brother actually) offer to euthanize the biter

I think you can just take the dog down and have it tested.

The dog either has rabies or it doesn't. If it dosn't, no need for treatment.

If the dog does have rabies, the dog has to be destoyed and whoever the dog bit needs to be treated.