Spouse Visa Oz

Have not posted for quite awhile but its good to see the regulars (burns and mighty mouse in particular) are still providing wonderful help for those who are bureaucratically challenged.

In a previous post Mighty Mouse stated that the embassy needed to see that the relationship was in excess of 2 years.

My g/f has just returned to oz for her third stint of her 12 month m/e visa and we were planning on marrying in december and then applying for spouse visa on her return to Bangers in Jan. but our relationshipwill only run to about 18 months although we wre corresonding before this.

Do you think we have a problem?

One more question.

G/f is currently organising birth certificate etc to be taken to bangkok for translation at accredited service.Is this translation and stamp all that will be required by marriage celebrant or wil it need some further stamp from embassy?.

Cheers bob and lek

P.S.

Have you done the deed yet Mr burns or are you at the same planning stage as myself?

I wish I could help you out mate, but im not sure. I also would like the answer to your question about the 2 year relationship history. I thought if you were married there was no time frame on how long you have known each other or if not married , the de-facto relationship must be longer than one year. But yeah, what about the length of a non married, non defacto relationship?

They want to see one year for a defacto, for a spouse visa there is no time, but I reckon with the news reports coming from the pig farmer and pig look alike slobstone it could get a bit harder, the marriage of convenience theme is emerging again.

download the booklet "Partner Migration" a link exists at the top of this section, it's invaluable.

Hi Bob, I don't know which thread you read about me suggesting two years for a relationship, but this clearly is not correct. In fact if you read through this thread you will see that I don't believe that any time frame exists at all.

It is up to the applicant to prove that the relationship is genuine and continuing. The Embassy don't officially state any time frame.

In your case you have have gone through the tourist visa route and are now planning marriage. Any application submitted by your g/f after an 18 month relationship with you, should be strong.

As I chose the De-facto route with my relationship, I can't answer your question on the marriage celebrants but I'm sure others can and will.

Good luck with your Spouse Visa application. :o

Thanks for your reassurances mighty mouse but if you look to your post to Atlee on 11 Septyou will see why I had cause for a mild heart attack.

Also , now that the embassy issues 12 month M/E visas do you think it will be easier getting the spouse visa considering all the information provided backthen to show the ongoing relationship which they should have on their records.

Regards Bob+ Lek

Thanks for your reassurances mighty mouse but if you look to your post to Atlee on 11 Septyou will see why I had cause for a mild heart attack.

I had a look at that thread. I wrote:

Evidence of genuine relationship needs to be strong. A marriage certificate alone is not considered strong enough.

You need to show the Embassy that you have been together for at least two years, that the relationship is genuine and continuing.

I wrote this post 12 months ago and used the same thinking for my own visa application. Sorry to cause you heart burn. :D

In view of recent cases and some enquiries I have made through the Dept. of Immigration, I now believe that there are no relationship time periods involved, just a well balanced and strong application proving a genuine relationship amongst the other essentials.

Over the 12 month period of your multiple entry T/V, you would have gathered much evidence along the way. Photos and statements from friends, family members and neighbours are regarded as strong proofs of your relationship. Neighbours would be regarded as independent witnesses regarding their observations of your relationship, so use them accordingly.

You should now be in a position whereby you can add to the information that you supplied the Embassy for your T/V.

Take your time with the application and you should soon be adding Lek to the Australian population.

Keep us informed. :o

Have not posted for quite awhile but its good to see the regulars (burns and mighty mouse in particular) are still providing wonderful help for those who are bureaucratically challenged.

In a previous post Mighty Mouse stated that the embassy needed to see that the relationship was in excess of 2 years.

My g/f has just returned to oz for her third stint of her 12 month m/e visa and we were planning on marrying in december and then applying for spouse visa on her return to Bangers in Jan. but our relationshipwill only run to about 18 months although we wre corresonding before this.

Do you think we have a problem?

One more question.

G/f is currently organising birth certificate etc to be taken to bangkok for translation at accredited service.Is this translation and stamp all that will be required by marriage celebrant or wil it need some further stamp from embassy?.

Cheers bob and lek

P.S.

Have you done the deed yet Mr burns or are you at the same planning stage as myself?

Hi Bob

Once married, you should be fine.

I havent done the deed yet...my fiance is here for a short 2 month stint before returning in Febuary for the wedding trip. My mate was able to get a celebrant wedding to a Thai girl who was here on a TV last April without a birth certificate...I believe that all that is required is a stat dec to say that she is free to marry and of an age to marry...If she has previously been legally married in Thailand then she will need a translated certified copy of the divorce papers, if you have been married previously you will also need to supply the decree nisi or a copy of it.

thanks guys,

as soon as we get the paperwork through from thailand i can organize the celebrant and wedding for december. I cant afford to keep sending her home so we may as well get married (HA HA )

Will keep you all informed at a later date,

cheers Bob + Lek