Why are there so many farang problem drinkers in Thailand?

sheepishkiwi

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love beer with ice. Annoys me now when you go in farang places and they don't bring you any.

Perhaps farangs understand beer and not a girls requirements ............rolleyes.gif

A girls requirements?

What are you on about now?

don't mind him mate. Prolly a shandy drinker.

Please please please.

In the name of mercy and all that is decent, someone put this thread out of its misery.

Alcoholism and racism.

Two subjects which make some uncomfortable and are difficult to talk about, but which need to be discussed more frequently, not less.

Why do they need to be discussed? It seems that no-one can approach either topic with an open mind, so we might as well discuss whether Thai people should support Liverpool or Man United.

Please please please.

In the name of mercy and all that is decent, someone put this thread out of its misery.

Alcoholism and racism.

Two subjects which make some uncomfortable and are difficult to talk about, but which need to be discussed more frequently, not less.

Why do they need to be discussed? It seems that no-one can approach either topic with an open mind, so we might as well discuss whether Thai people should support Liverpool or Man United.

Barely tolerable for the first few posts. After 300+ posts, it's more like discussing which one is the better french kisser, your older sister, your younger sister or your Grandma.

Edited by impulse

Had it occurred to you that there just might not be one?

What's the shortened version for describing a German or and Icelander? "Germ"?? "Ice-y"??

You're trying to redefine what people should take offence at having never, yourself, been oppressed or maligned on account of either the colour of your skin or your race.

Why not just be thankful for your good fortune instead of sitting here insisting that you, too, are a "victim"

Pathetic

You live in such a la-la-land that it's hard to imagine you not using velcro shoes as shoelaces are too hard to tie.

Yep, your modus operandi is becoming clearer with each post

To wit, when someone lays it down in simple language that you find difficult to argue against, you chuck your toys and resort to petty insults

Try making your argument in simple terms without coming over as an angry little man

Your logic is following...

"Doctor: sorry to inform you but you have cancer"

"You: what? how can you know that?"

"Doctor: well, because of reasons a, b and c"

"You: you can't possible know what cancer is or anything about it as you yourself haven't had cancer!"

Had it occurred to you that there just might not be one?

What's the shortened version for describing a German or and Icelander? "Germ"?? "Ice-y"??

You're trying to redefine what people should take offence at having never, yourself, been oppressed or maligned on account of either the colour of your skin or your race.

Why not just be thankful for your good fortune instead of sitting here insisting that you, too, are a "victim"

Pathetic

You live in such a la-la-land that it's hard to imagine you not using velcro shoes as shoelaces are too hard to tie.

To wit, when someone lays it down in simple language that you find difficult to argue against, you chuck your toys and resort to petty insults

Try making your argument in simple terms without coming over as an angry little man

"You: you can't possible know what cancer is or anything about it as you yourself haven't had cancer!"

Nope

My logic as far as you're concerned is the following

"You: sorry to inform you but you have cancer"

"Me: what? how can you know that?"

"You: well, because of what I read on Livestrong.com

"Me: So you can't possibly know what cancer is or anything about it because you're actually just a dustman with delusions of grandeur"

You: Er . . . well, yeah . . . pretty much

Edited by Cypress Hill

Nope

"Me: So you can't possibly know what cancer is or anything about it because you're actually just a dustman with delusions of grandeur"

clap2.gif

Nope

Obviously logic isn't your strong suite :)

Nope

Obviously logic isn't your strong suite smile.png

And spelling isn't yours

Their drinking problem and sundry personality disorder(s) was well established BEFORE they came to the LOS, and once in Thailand certain circumstances exacerbated their alcohol issue.

They wash up on Thai shores daily, by the score..

Signed,

A veritable plethora of them

Alcoholism and racism.

Their drinking problem and sundry personality disorder(s) was well established BEFORE they came to the LOS, and once in Thailand certain circumstances exacerbated their alcohol issue.

They wash up on Thai shores daily, by the score..

Signed,

A veritable plethora of them

You could at least have quoted the post you were trying to epitomise.

Thailand: Land of Stereotypes...

SC

Edited by seedy
Quote hidden post

Nope

Obviously logic isn't your strong suite smile.png

And spelling isn't yours

Atleast i know 3 languages well enough to be able to have a conversation... unlike you, a monolingual reject minority that blame everything that went wrong in life on the "white devil" smile.png

BTW, there should be a "dot" after the word "yours" in your sentence.

Edited by Asheron

Atleast i know 3 languages well enough to be able to have a conversation... unlike you, a monolingual reject minority that blame everything that went wrong in life on the "white devil" smile.png

Tri-lingual grammar police. George Orwell had nothing on you. Are you Naam's gardener?

It's enough to drive a man to drink

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

LOL, 3 languages and still unable to articulate your point without insulting people

Nothing went wrong in my life, matey but going by the bile in your posts, yours imploded big time somewhere along the line

I'll lay any money that booze was - and probably still is, right, smack, bang in the middle of it

Seriously, I have nothing but pity for you

Go clean up, there's a good lad. Go on

LOL, 3 languages and still unable to articulate your point without insulting people

Nothing went wrong in my life, matey but going by the bile in your posts, yours imploded big time somewhere along the line

I'll lay any money that booze was - and probably still is, right, smack, bang in the middle of it

Seriously, I have nothing but pity for you

Go clean up, there's a good lad. Go on

Seems i hit the 'bullseye' smile.png

And you started the insulting. Now, run back to your CD-player from the 1990's and play your Cypress Hill CD and blame it on the "white devil". Or better yet as you really advocate it, go murder some white guy and blame it on your failuries.

Edited by Asheron

Tri-lingual grammar police. George Orwell had nothing on you. Are you Naam's gardener?

It's enough to drive a man to drink

SC

Well, if someone is whining about my spelling then surely i can whine that he don't know how to use "dot". And who the hell is Naam?

...And who the hell is Naam?

You sure you want to go there?

I always boldly go where i have never been...

I've boldly been where I can't remember.

Or is that rashly?

I've had a rash down there since I got to Thailand. It's the darn heat...