14th Feb - First technical flight today into new airport terminal - TG609

simon43

And then bused with crappy old buses from the airplane to the "old" terminal.

Not a real improvement except for some promotion.

I would expect the latest terminal would have air bridges. To be honest I cannot remember ever having to be bused into the terminal building in the past good few years. Maybe in the very distant past on the odd occasion, never recently ..

Edited by LivinginKata

I would expect the latest terminal would have air bridges. To be honest I cannot remember ever having to be bused into the terminal building in the past good few years. Maybe in the very distant past on the odd occasion, never recently ..

Nok Air and Air Asia flights I always end up on a bus both in Phuket and Don Muang. Thai Airways to BKK always a jet way as we call them... I guess when I pay twice as much, I don't have to take a bus to board.

Nok Air and Air Asia flights I always end up on a bus both in Phuket and Don Muang. Thai Airways to BKK always a jet way as we call them... I guess when I pay twice as much, I don't have to take a bus to board.

Last time I went Thai in & out of BKK it was a bus & stairs.

I guess should be able to walk from carpark on upper level directly to departures. I wonder why they do not use the bottom level of the carpark.

I'm missing something here. International terminal? Where exactly?

As you're posting on the Phuket Forum you should be able to work out that this is about the new terminal at Phuket International Airport.

Nope: this posted on the Thai forum.

yes the new terminal has air bridges but they and the terminal is not ready until later this year.

Therefore even if the plane parks at the bridge location the passengers have to be bused to the old terminal.

It is very common (specially LCC) to be bused to or from your plane.

As you're posting on the Phuket Forum you should be able to work out that this is about the new terminal at Phuket International Airport.

O-kay.

You'd better check that.

yes the new terminal has air bridges but they and the terminal is not ready until later this year.

Therefore even if the plane parks at the bridge location the passengers have to be bused to the old terminal.

It is very common (specially LCC) to be bused to or from your plane.

I remember reading somewhere that they were bringing one flight into the new terminal to test the facilities.

I assumed this to be it.

I remember reading somewhere that they were bringing one flight into the new terminal to test the facilities.

I assumed this to be it.

Yes, it was dubbed 'technical flight', but TG609 seems to be a route code for Hong Kong - Phuket, so assume it was carrying paying passengers.