DHL ecommerce Global mail shipping packet and parcels, What do you send ? Any customs check ?

buythisdashcam

Hello,

When sending small parcels DHL has a ecommerce service:

http://www.dhl.co.th/en/contact_center/contact_ecommerce.html

It seems that many shops in Asia use it to send parcels to USA or Europe, do you have any feedback ?

What about customs check ? When you send small parcels with Thaipost 99% or more of the parcels are not checked and customers never have to pay any tax.

What about DHL ecommerce ? what is your experience ?

And have you used it to send parcel to South america or Mexico ? Delivery to these countries form Thailand can take months as everything goes through USA, but I wonder how long it will take with DHL and if Mexico customs (as example) will make the same problems as they do with EMS parcels (in south america ems parcels or any express parcels are the most checked because customs know that they have more chance to find expensive items and collect tax or bribes).

Good to know your experience if you have any. Thanks again.

• 2 months later...

Yes but customs and DHL can check and apply any tax they want anywhere in the world whatever is declared when the parcels is sent.

Yes! This only happened to me once, but I had a watch shipped here USPS. Expensive here, but not from Amazon. Had it shipped to my friend in the USA who them shipped it to me. He wrote the actual Amazon value of the watch on the custom form. Customs opened it at the Thai post and charged me import duty for the price of the watch here in Thailand rather than what was paid on Amazon. And it was not a scam as I got a legitimate receipt.

Your friend was smart to send a watch by DHL to Thailand and declare the real value.

Yes but customs and DHL can check and apply any tax they want anywhere in the world whatever is declared when the parcels is sent.

Yes! This only happened to me once, but I had a watch shipped here USPS. Expensive here, but not from Amazon. Had it shipped to my friend in the USA who them shipped it to me. He wrote the actual Amazon value of the watch on the custom form. Customs opened it at the Thai post and charged me import duty for the price of the watch here in Thailand rather than what was paid on Amazon. And it was not a scam as I got a legitimate receipt.

• 11 months later...