Russian man's ear sliced off by flying knife in Patong fish market fight

webfact

Russian man's ear sliced off by flying knife in Patong fish market fight
Eakkapop Thongtub

1455443680_1.jpg
Photo: Kusoldham Phuket

PHUKET: -- A 36-year-old Russian man is recovering after an incident at a Patong fresh market in which his left ear was sliced off, and right eye slashed by a flying knife following a dispute over B600 with a Thai fish vendor.

The incident reportedly happened February 13 at the Marine fresh market in Patong.

Mikhail Ryzov, 36, from Russia told rescue workers that he had bought fish from an unnamed vendor for the price of B400; however, Mikhail said that when he paid the vendor with a B1,000 note, he did not get change back and an argument broke out.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/russian-man-ear-sliced-off-by-flying-knife-in-patong-fish-market-fight-56217.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-02-15

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was punched by a songthaew driver in similar circumstances on Phangan, a room and him to pay for and he'd indicated he'd clear both up. What if you use a pencil to mark your 1000 baht notes so you can prove he's holding your note?

Doesn't do much to prove he short changed you

Never pay street vendors and drivers with 1,000bht notes.

When you go to the ATM, never select 10,000bht ....... type in 9,900bht.

Then you have change.

Alternative

Always use 7-11 ATMs, then go straight in and buy a 20bht bag of crisps.

Then you have change.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Alternative

Always use 7-11 ATMs, then go straight in and buy a 20bht bag of crisps.

Then you have change.

Or a can of Tuna? Could get quite a few for 400baht and then you have change wink.png

Edited by Boycie

Does wonders for tourism, more Thainess.

Tourism in Thailand going great guns, one of the worlds most popular tourist destinations the Land of Smiles.

The big strong Russian thug punched the Thai bloke half his size. What do you want the Thai to do?. Wai and smile?

Som nam naa. farangness.

Does wonders for tourism, more Thainess.

Tourism in Thailand going great guns, one of the worlds most popular tourist destinations the Land of Smiles.

The big strong Russian thug punched the Thai bloke half his size. What do you want the Thai to do?. Wai and smile?

Som nam naa. farangness.

Here you go again, having a go at what I said.

Tourism is in the toilet in Thailand, ask people in business.

Is that his ear that he's holding?

Very likely Simon.

He wouldn't be interested in much else eh.

Not even the 600 baht change.sad.png

We hear about the first aid to put a severed finger in cold milk for re-attachment, but how about ears?

What a tricky operation to stitch back on. Wow.

If you know your history this story is history repeating itself from 2000 years ago.

A long stay farang expat can pay vendors with a 1000b note but not tourists expecially in hell holes like Pattaya and Phuket.

I bought 90 baht worth of food from a vendor last night and she gave me 910 b change for a 1000b note. no probs!

Once a year she hands out free cakes to her best customers.

Me included.

Tourists are sitting ducks here.

They have to break all their money down into 20,50 and 100's and spend according to the price.

Tourists often complain they give a 50 or 100 baht note to a samlor for 10 or 20 baht fare and he simply drives away.

What do you expect!!!

This type of scam has happened to me as well and I have learned to always have small bills with me

Bought some fish sauce for 55 baht and a Night Market Gave the vendor 1000 baht but he game me back 45 baht change I said where is the rest in english He said not only 100 baht

I then swtiched to english said a few choice words in Thai and send give me the rest of it He refused I then started to scream POLICE POLICE POLICE

He then handed me back the 900 baht from the 1000 baht note he had taken

Walking away I told him he was a low life (*$)__#