Why are so many Thai men so jealous, possessive and insecure about their women?

spidermike007

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Thai men are insecure it is said.

And the westerners are Soooooo secure in their relationships right.

Ba ha ha haaaaaaa haaaaaaa.

Exactly. The first thing stupid Farang does here is buy a house for his oh so different bargirl. Or they come to Thailand because it's cheap to buy love. Talk about insecure....

Its based on trust and if you can't trust your GF / Wife why are you with her.

Babies and sex ........ why else would anyone want a woman?

Have I missed out on something else she can provide?

Can a Thai woman go cycling, hiking and running with me?

I've not met one.

Can a Thai woman discuss the latest books, movies or TV shows with me?

I've not met one.

C'mon, I'm ready to be convinced I'm meeting the wrong women.

Tell me what your one can provide .... apart from babies and sex!

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Trust and communication are two foundations of a successful relationship. If you can’t trust each other and talk about any issues you may have how can the relationship last with any sort of happiness? Basing a relationship on control, sex or money may feel good in the short term, but I doubt it will prove to be fulfilling longer term.

In my experience, jealousy, possessiveness and insecurity are born from a basic lack of self-esteem and respect for others. I suppose for many Thai men there could be a cultural component as well?

Come on OP. Whilst I am often questioning Thais I think it is unfair to make sweeping statements like ' why are so many Thai men'. They are not all the same. Different culture, different ways of showing how much they love their partners. I would say for this reason would answer your question.

But that's the OP's MO, he observes some isolated incident and manages to leap to some ridiculous conclusion about a whole country of peoples he's never met. And of course, his conclusions are always negative about the Thais, especially the men. Talk about insecurity and immaturity.

So let me ask you OP, if I was married with a wife and kids, and my wife wanted to go for an extended vacation alone, leaving me to work and look after the kids, and I said "no." would you call me jealous and insecure?

That's the thing OP, your knowledge of Thailand and the Thais are so obscenely poor that you are almost always wrong when you express an opinion about Thailand.

Save monetary reasons I would call you Jealous. Because she is your wife that gives you the power or authority to control her? Odd way to think when my wife mentions she wants to go to visit her family I say have a good time and enjoy the home cooking. Funny how people have come to be like this. How does one simply tell another adult no with out being controlling? As long as the kids are taken care of and as you are their other parent then why imply you have the power to say no. When I grew up quite often one or the other of my parents would go for a holiday such as a fishing trip to a week at the spa or heaven forbid time to visit the family blink.png

I guess society dictates that as you are the money maker you control the home? Interesting way to go about marriage. I guess that's why I waited until I was 40 and found who I could trust enough to live a normal life with before I got married

Come on, it's Berkshire you are replying to, don't waste your time.

I've not met one.

I've not met one.

They have monopoly on what men want (almost all men), it's like a conspiracy! :)

it all stems from penis envy. a small di@k. that's the root of all the problems you mentioned.

What an absurdly stupid comment from an equally absurd human being.

you have obviously not been in a serious relationship with a thai woman...

this is EXACTLY what it is all about, size and what you know to do with it. money comes a second best.

this is the only ever FIRST reason a thai girl wants to meet a farang.

and you should have been censored for calling a fellow poster an 'absurd human being', pal.

I've not met one.

I've not met one.

Why would I tell you that, you and I are different (but we both like sex). You are looking for different things in a woman. Hiking, sure I know Thai woman who can hike, dive ect. Can they lift weights with me (if they could and do it good I would not want to be with them 5555). I have even met a few that were serious about biking (i am not).

Have I found woman who like similar movies and can discuss them sure, watching TV shows that i like together..why not.. i doubt its hard to find someone like that. I am not sure why you think its impossible.

Maybe something due to their upbringing. Males are cossetted throughout, while females are given the responsibility to take care of their family.Difference in mental age and maturity. I agree lack of money is a key motivator by both sexes - hence hiso females are not interested in a farang relationship, as a general rule, preferring rich Thai men.

I blame Thai soap dramas...

You cant trust a thai woman.

They are all the same?

How wrong you are...

Prejudging a whole group based on nationality is pathetic and so old fashioned.

There are as many variants amongst the Thai female population as there are amongst the French , German or Angolan female population. They are individuals.

I think what you meant to say is "I can't trust a thai women" which makes me think you have problems judging character and have been screwed over as a result.

Thats your problem ...not Thailands or mine or anyone else who has a Thai GF or Wife .

....they know something of the true nature of Thai women....

...foreigners are clueless.....

...a soft voice and a smile...and you are done for.....

...Thai men grew up with these women.....

...they know what's what.....

Spent all your time round working prostitutes im guessing?

it all stems from penis envy. a small di@k. that's the root of all the problems you mentioned.

What an absurdly stupid comment from an equally absurd human being.

you have obviously not been in a serious relationship with a thai woman...

this is EXACTLY what it is all about, size and what you know to do with it. money comes a second best.

this is the only ever FIRST reason a thai girl wants to meet a farang.

and you should have been censored for calling a fellow poster an 'absurd human being', pal.

Yeah and that's why they're all running around Sukhumvit soi 3 looking for a hung-like-a-horse African guy to bottom them out

I don't think you could be any more clueless about women if you tried

I've not met one.

I've not met one.

in addition mine cooks, cleans and introduces me to her friends. In case things don't work out.

Jealous, possessive/obsessive, and insecure behavior patterns, are usual indicators of hidden, unscrupulous behavior, on the part of the perpetrator (himself), in the first instance. whistling.gif

The axiom "It's always the greatest of thieves (themselves), who are the most paranoid, and suspicious of other people",coffee1.gif definitely applies, regarding this topic.

Come on OP. Whilst I am often questioning Thais I think it is unfair to make sweeping statements like ' why are so many Thai men'. They are not all the same. Different culture, different ways of showing how much they love their partners. I would say for this reason would answer your question.

"why are so many Thai men" does NOT equate to ALL. I think you are the type that sees only what he wants to see.

Quote: You hear of so many here who kill their lovers, and spouses. The level of jealousy and insecurity here is insane. So many kill over love. Why not just walk away, and find a new woman? Why get so myopic, and blinded by love? What is up with that? Why such immaturity?

Such easy talk. Imagine you love your partner then discover that she`s been or is having an affair with another man? Would you still want to make love with your partner knowing that other men have been there? What would you do, say, ah well mai pen rai, next please?

Jealously, anger and high emotions in relationships is not a culturally Thai, it`s the same everywhere. I`ve been lucky it`s never happened to me but I can imagine that when a partner cheats it`s the most hurtful experience in the world. It is said that a divorce can be as devastating as grief, like losing someone after they die.

What you say is basically correct, where you fall on your face is that you MISSED "many here who kill their lovers, and spouses."

But that's the OP's MO, he observes some isolated incident and manages to leap to some ridiculous conclusion about a whole country of peoples he's never met. And of course, his conclusions are always negative about the Thais, especially the men. Talk about insecurity and immaturity.

So let me ask you OP, if I was married with a wife and kids, and my wife wanted to go for an extended vacation alone, leaving me to work and look after the kids, and I said "no." would you call me jealous and insecure?

That's the thing OP, your knowledge of Thailand and the Thais are so obscenely poor that you are almost always wrong when you express an opinion about Thailand.

Rubbishing someone is low, especially when you stuff up so badly.. you are another one who confuses "so many Thai men' with a WHOLE country, the OP simply DID NOT SAY that... to help foolish comment makers the definition of "many" is "a large number of" notice, it does NOT mean ALL.

Why are Thai men so jealous? Its a cultural thing. "Jealousy is the rage of man" (Biblical) but in Thai culture Jealousy is a love game and is proof or confirmation of love. As a foreigner, we may find this opposite to our culture where we try not to provoke jealousy. But Thai women want a Thai man who is not willing to share her with another man. If she sees her lover is not jealous then his days are numbered.Therefore, from time to time she feels she must gently but purposely provoke jealousy by telling her lover her plans to travel to a destination with other friends without him, of another man's interest in her, or reminding her lover of the nice things her previous lover has done for her. To prove he is jealous the Thai man will confirm by forbidding her to travel, calling constently when she is allowed with her friends. Thai men use this same psychology equally. Have you ever went to dinner with your Thai lover and her friends who are in relationships? The man is calling non stop until she reaches home or until he picks her up from the her location.

Well probably your wife have found what she was looking for (A Farang who has the money to support her). Also if you speak to Thai girls mostly they say Thai boys are aggressive and beat them up and don't work and drink all the long.

Well if a lady is married to such a person will probably run a way once she has a chance to do so. And therefore the men are jealous and insecure to let them go.