Singapore visa exempt entry for Thai gay man

I did not know how to chose a better title for this topic or maybe it's better to put it in the gay forum, but my question is mainly about Singapore.

I have read many topics here that young Thai women had problems to get into Singapore, either alone or accompanied by their farang boyfriend/man.

About my situation:

I'm German, 28 years old, my Thai boyfriend is 25. We would like to go on vacation and spend about 5 days in Singapore. I'm aware that "gay actions" are illegal in Singapore. After reading that so many young women already got refused I'm concerned, because if we try to enter Singapore together they might not allow him to enter the country and we would have wasted lots of time and money to go back.

Is there anyone who can share their experience? I think I'm not the first one having these thoughts.

I have similar plans for Hong Kong and read similar stories about refused entries for Thais. If anyone has experiences about Hong Kong I'll be grateful too.

I forgot to say: return on onward flights could be purchased. He cannot prove enough funds or speak English very well. I can prove funds, but I'm not sure if that helps or some kind of "guarantee" I have to sign for expenses in the country.

The fact you are gay has nothing to do with visa exempt / stamp on entry into Singapore or Hong Kong.

They may ask to shown funds by means of a bank statement but I doubt it. They may ask to show an onward ticket but I doubt it.

Your assumptions are highly unlikely, I have been to Singapore and Hong Kong many times and never had a problem .... and we both had a fantastic time .. giggle.gif

• Like 1