Is there any company for borrowing unused private car for long term?

jiangaq

Since I will probably leave Thailand for one or two year+, I don't wanna sell my car which is only two years old at even 50% off selling price, however, firstly I don't have a proper place for parking my car, Second, it's a waste of money for long term hibernation of my car.

Is it possible to rent to any company or organization legally?

How can I guarantee to be zero lose of my wallet and responsibility in case of any car accident?

Any good suggestions?

How do you continue to insure a vehicle owned in your name when you yourself are out of the country, with no liability to you in case of accident? Would the BiB would have you over a barrel for a fleecing if a crime or accident was connected to your car? Even if a "lease" contract was on file at the Amphur and you could prove

your absence from Thailand what keeps you out of the monkey house at least short term on your return? Driver caught with 3 Exxtasy tabs? Runs down a pedestrian? Could you be partially blamed?

I think this is another case of "Don't invest any more in Thailand than one can afford to lose". At least you can get some of your money back from a quick sale.

Edited by arunsakda

you'll come back and find 150,000km+ on it plus 50% of the value or more in damage and unpaid fines if you left it for some stranger to abuse.

on a more helpful note (depending where you are) you might be able to pay a fee to some car-less expat who has an inside parking space in a condo or similar. i leave my car in an underground car park when i nip back home. i might need a battery when i get back but at least its not being abused by all n sundry.