PM emphasizes on Thailand's potential role as link to ASEAN community

webfact

PM emphasizes on Thailand's potential role as link to ASEAN community

BANGKOK, 17 February 2016 (NNT) – Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha emphasized on Thailand's potential role as a link to all ASEAN member states.

The premier attended a Special U.S.-ASEAN Leaders Summit alongside other leaders from nine other ASEAN countries and United States President Barack Obama in Sunnylands, California.

The Thai leader said he believed the Special U.S.-ASEAN Leaders Summit will benefit the relationships and cooperation between ASEAN and the U.S. while Thailand will reaffirm the intention to play a significant role in the ASEAN community during the ASEAN Plus One meeting.

That primarily refers to Thailand acting as a link to all ASEAN countries for the sake of an improved well-being of the ASEAN peoples who will be viewed as center around which sustainable development will be carried out.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-02-17 footer_n.gif

Potential role

well, that's right. But it might be too late already. The other ASEAN states started years ago already and even Burma is on the way to overtake Thailand.

Thailand was dealing to much with themselves and tried to solve internal problems dealing with different clans filling their pockets.

Maybe it's not the best example for democratic State but Singapore shows how to do and also Malaysia is on the right track. Or Indonesia.

Only Thailand is not moving forward.

Everybody knows why....

Potential role

well, that's right. But it might be too late already. The other ASEAN states started years ago already and even Burma is on the way to overtake Thailand.

Thailand was dealing to much with themselves and tried to solve internal problems dealing with different clans filling their pockets.

Maybe it's not the best example for democratic State but Singapore shows how to do and also Malaysia is on the right track. Or Indonesia.

Everybody knows why....

Nailed it.

All of Thailand's neighbors are moving forward. Even Burma is moving away from something Thailand is regressing back into. I guess the arrogant elite of this country haven't learned much.

Thailand had something of a head start in the region because of the Vietnam war. Now it is starting to lag behind due to it's own stubborn aristocracy.

Potential role

Everybody knows why....

Nailed it.

All of Thailand's neighbors are moving forward. Even Burma is moving away from something Thailand is regressing back into. I guess the arrogant elite of this country haven't learned much.

Thailand had something of a head start in the region because of the Vietnam war. Now it is starting to lag behind due to it's own stubborn aristocracy.

"All of Thailand's neighbors are moving forward." To what? "Now it is starting to lag behind.." Lagging behind in what way? Most surrounding countries of Thailand were once part of it, sir. Thailand is unique and should stay that way...America just wants to extend its big-brother disease in the form of ASEAN...and I will do what I can to stop this takeover of Asia..period!

Potential role

Everybody knows why....

Nailed it.

"All of Thailand's neighbors are moving forward." To what? "Now it is starting to lag behind.." Lagging behind in what way? Most surrounding countries of Thailand were once part of it, sir. Thailand is unique and should stay that way...America just wants to extend its big-brother disease in the form of ASEAN...and I will do what I can to stop this takeover of Asia..period!

B.S you can't put anybody or any country into a glass house.....Think twice

Potential role

Everybody knows why....

Nailed it.

You mean large sections of Thailand used to be part of other countries like most of Issan?

Are you Thai or a troll?

Potential role

Everybody knows why....

Nailed it.

and I will do what I can to stop this takeover of Asia..period!

WHAT does that mean? What are you doing then personally? As JFK said; I'm a Berliner you will run through the streets shouting: I'm Thai...? Don't listen to farangs, close your borders, nobody come to the country? Chinese? Nooo, stay outside? You want to kick back Thailand into Siam-times??? Man, out of what hole/cave you are coming from? Go to a doctor, I'm sure there is a proper nmedicine.....Or did you take too many drugs last night?

Potential role

Everybody knows why....

I generally agree but wonder if the Thai population "knows why" or the facts comparatively speaking?

Potential role

Everybody knows why....

I generally agree but wonder if the Thai population "knows why" or the facts comparatively speaking?

yeah, that is the point. But the more the young ones use internet (cave gateway) the more they get to know about obstacles. And the higher the education the more they know "why". However "every jouney begins with a first step"