Bicycle repair

brownknees

There is a sales/parts/repair shop in Udon on Prajak Road which is the busy road running along outside the front of Central. Turn right on to Prajak Rd. at the Central crossroads with traffic lights and it is on the left hand corner of one of the crossroads/junctions you pass through. I think it is on the 1st crossroads but not sure.

One problem hoeve is the cable that changes the rear srockets seems to be jammed as releasing it at the rear and trying to move it withe lever gets nothing,the cable seems stuck and the handlebar lever control does not look like it comes apart?!!So a trip to a shop is on,yes I have seen the videos and they are good.

One problem hoeve is the cable that changes the rear srockets seems to be jammed as releasing it at the rear and trying to move it withe lever gets nothing,the cable seems stuck and the handlebar lever control does not look like it comes apart?!!

MTB

two crosshead screws on the underside.

Road Bike

In top gear the cable just slides out the side.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

I've been happy with the two annual services I've had from Pongsak Cycling off the west side of the ring road. Not the easiest place to find, but is on the Google map for Udon.

The guy is a serious cyclist who seems to know his stuff.

Pongsak Cycling

Is it this one (in a residential area, lots of bicycles and clothing in front)?

https://goo.gl/maps/ptU6kEMrSbU2

17.4280482N 102.7666547E

(there is a Google+ site for this name but pointing to an obviously wrong house in the same Soi)

If it has not moved then it is this house.

You can read "Pongsak" on the windows.

https://goo.gl/maps/pXDJSjc1FS92

Edited by KhunBENQ

Pongsak telephone : 087-9524949

And another shop for bicycle in Udon Thani

Road Bike

Coming from Sakon Nakhon ; straight ahead , pass on the over-pass bridge as you want to go to Makro;

pass Makro on your left;

When you can see a petrol station which name is SUSCO ( always on your left ), take the little road just before SUSCO;

about 500 meters and u will see on your right the Bike Shop;

don't go there before 10 am ...

Tel 086-2311110 089-5717622

When you can see a petrol station which name is SUSCO ( always on your left ), take the little road just before SUSCO;

From your description and what can be seen on streetview it might be here?

https://goo.gl/maps/Q5k6VRacMmR2

(zoom in and you see bicycles)

17.389991N 102.8138822E

Very well hidden tongue.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

Pongsak Cycling

Is it this one (in a residential area, lots of bicycles and clothing in front)?

https://goo.gl/maps/ptU6kEMrSbU2

17.4280482N 102.7666547E

(there is a Google+ site for this name but pointing to an obviously wrong house in the same Soi)

If it has not moved then it is this house.

You can read "Pongsak" on the windows.

https://goo.gl/maps/pXDJSjc1FS92

Yes, that's the place. The place shown on Google + is the house next door which I think his wife runs as a salon.

From your description and what can be seen on streetview it might be here?

https://goo.gl/maps/Q5k6VRacMmR2

(zoom in and you see bicycles)

17.389991N 102.8138822E

Very well hidden tongue.png

Yes, it's here ;

There is a little ( very little) road sigh at the corner of the soi ;

next time I'm going there I will shot a photo about it;

24849395570_b629385a9b_c.jpg

25118699816_bfacf08670_c.jpg

And about that shop ; they have another shop in Khon Kaen;

it's just right in front of the huge Sirikit public hospital

About Pongsak

24849358520_ef337e24cf_c.jpg

Edited by Assurancetourix

At risk of yet another suspension or banning I have to ask the question.

Why do people who are unable to fix a simple issue with a push bike come to what can be, for some, an alien culture. It beggars belief at times.

At risk of yet another suspension or banning I have to ask the question.

Why do people who are unable to fix a simple issue with a push bike come to what can be, for some, an alien culture. It beggars belief at times.

When one owns a ten or twelve speed bike with front and rear derailleurs the fix is often not quite as easy at it seems. Perhaps your idea of a "push bike" is less complex than the one discussed in this thread.

Why does anyone seek professional advice on anything when there are others who could easily accomplish the fix themselves?

A simple question was posted - why generate a pseudo analysis of that person vs. either offering meaningful advise or just remaining quiet on the subject?

When one gets banned/suspended for generating snarky comments, why does one continue to do so?

Edited by SpokaneAl

If one is not mechanical, Thailand is the perfect place to come. A lot cheaper here to get simple repairs done, than in the west. Besides perhaps one can fix something, but like myself, never really enjoyed it, and now they are in a country where it is affordable to pay someone else to do the job, they do. I very seldom do anything myself anymore. I am retired and enjoy doing nothing too much to do anything.

If one is not mechanical, Thailand is the perfect place to come. A lot cheaper here to get simple repairs done, than in the west. Besides perhaps one can fix something, but like myself, never really enjoyed it, and now they are in a country where it is affordable to pay someone else to do the job, they do. I very seldom do anything myself anymore. I am retired and enjoy doing nothing too much to do anything.

.......Yes, and it also helps the local ordinary working people earn a living rather than just subsist.

Id like to say I want to conribute to the Thai economy but as the Thai government seems to want to make me feel more and more unwelcome and make it more and more inconvenient and difficult for me to come and spend my money here during the winter as a tourist, then Im afraid I really have no desire to do so.