Name of nice beach between Chanthaburi and Cambodia border?

davidst01

Nothing special there compared to most places in Thailand. Most of the beaches are poor for swimming and dont look particularly inviting. Also you will need your own car as transport is not available.

Around the Chao Lao area was ok. Some scenic spots but as i said the beaches werent great. Better off heading to some of the islands around Ko Chang.

Many wonderful beaches between Chantaburi and the Cambodian border.

It all depends on what YOU want and what is your budget.

Check e.g. the islands like Kho Chang or Kho Kood or Kho Kam etc.

But also along the long and complicated coastline on the mainland are many pristine beaches. Some with simple infrastructure some no infrastructure at all.

Edited by dominique355

There is one little gem, called Au Than Khu, close tot Trat airport. Maybe not the cleanest of water, but a real " Thai" beach with nice clean bungalows just off the beach itself , and cheap.

Furthermore there are LOTS of options all along the coast from Trat tot Hat Lek. ranging from high-class resorts to public beaches - very clear water too, for the most part.

I recommend google!

From Trat to the border, Trat province is squeezed in between the cambodian hills and the sea and is very narrow making it pretty quick to see most developments along that coast. The sea is clean in this area and has the lovely view of Chang and the other islands. I always think it's like being on Koh Chang without the hassle of crossing over.

• 1 year later...
On 17/02/2016 at 4:44 PM, dominique355 said:

Many wonderful beaches between Chantaburi and the Cambodian border.

It all depends on what YOU want and what is your budget.

Check e.g. the islands like Kho Chang or Kho Kood or Kho Kam etc.

But also along the long and complicated coastline on the mainland are many pristine beaches. Some with simple infrastructure some no infrastructure at all.

Clear as mud flats.

Jelly fish , sea snakes , urchins , riptides , beaches not patrolled by lifeguards are reasons that are a concern .  I have seen 2 drownings caused by riptides and heard of many more .  I used  to love swimming in the sea , especially the med; but here in Thailand it does not feel safe to me . 

7 hours ago, superal said:

Jelly fish , sea snakes , urchins , riptides , beaches not patrolled by lifeguards are reasons that are a concern .  I have seen 2 drownings caused by riptides and heard of many more .  I used  to love swimming in the sea , especially the med; but here in Thailand it does not feel safe to me . 

Exactly, but so many "smart" people only understand when shiiite happens !

Reason why i drive a german tank here and do not ride a motorbike also...

I  am  at  Chao  Lao  and  have  been  here  for  nearly  a  month.  The  water  is  calm  and  quite  clear.  The  beach  is  relatively  clean.  Definitely  no  rip  tide.  

Of  course  one  has  to  be  smart  when  swimming  anywhere,  lakes  included.  There  can  be  snakes,  eels  and  leeches  in  fresh  water.  Just  use  common  sense  and  you  will  be  fine.  

I  do  agree  about  the  motorbikes.  Will  not  get  on  one.  That  said,  you  also  need  your  wits  about  you  when  walking!  Plenty  of  obstacles  all  the  time,  not  to  mention  the  dogs!

I  will  take  my  chances  in  the  ocean.

4 hours ago, Sri Shina said:

I  am  at  Chao  Lao  and  have  been  here  for  nearly  a  month.  The  water  is  calm  and  quite  clear.  The  beach  is  relatively  clean.  Definitely  no  rip  tide.  

Of  course  one  has  to  be  smart  when  swimming  anywhere,  lakes  included.  There  can  be  snakes,  eels  and  leeches  in  fresh  water.  Just  use  common  sense  and  you  will  be  fine.  

I  do  agree  about  the  motorbikes.  Will  not  get  on  one.  That  said,  you  also  need  your  wits  about  you  when  walking!  Plenty  of  obstacles  all  the  time,  not  to  mention  the  dogs!

I  will  take  my  chances  in  the  ocean.

So teach all the people who died because of jelly fishes or other things how to be smart ?

Why no saying that you accept that it's stupid to swim in the sea but that you also accept the risk for your and your family ?

You do what you want, but this is clearly stupid, you dont need to swim, but you need to walk to go somewhere, so this is VERY VERY different.

Everything that you do for fun and that can kill you is stupid.

You would think that the Thai tourism authorities would oversee / regulate the safety of the many holidaymakers who come to Thailand and have visions of relaxing on the beautiful beaches / swimming in the sea . Many assume they will be as safe as their western resorts e.g. the Med . Some of the popular beaches have lifeguards in attendance some of the time but quieter beaches have none . Having said that people drown or have to be rescued at attended beaches . A beach that was safe today is unsafe tomorrow because of riptides . The red flag warning is often ignored by bathers . I have also been told of nearby vendors taking down the red flag because they lost money through lack of customers .  Then there are the out of control jet skis and speed boats . Swimming pools are so much safer especially if a young family is involved .  

4 hours ago, superal said:

You would think that the Thai tourism authorities would oversee / regulate the safety of the many holidaymakers who come to Thailand and have visions of relaxing on the beautiful beaches / swimming in the sea . Many assume they will be as safe as their western resorts e.g. the Med . Some of the popular beaches have lifeguards in attendance some of the time but quieter beaches have none . Having said that people drown or have to be rescued at attended beaches . A beach that was safe today is unsafe tomorrow because of riptides . The red flag warning is often ignored by bathers . I have also been told of nearby vendors taking down the red flag because they lost money through lack of customers .  Then there are the out of control jet skis and speed boats . Swimming pools are so much safer especially if a young family is involved .  

Totally agree, and we also exactly know that many will also agree, but too late, after an accident.