Buying a new pickup: Ford Wildtrak 2016 vs Mazda BT-50 2016

Pink7

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is some info on my EV (3.2L)fuel consumption ... gathered between BK and Chiang Rai and return.

I have now done about 4K Kms so know that my onboard computer is reasonably accurate. We averaged about 80Km/Hr driving back (just under 10 Hrs), so most of the time 100-120Km/Hr. Fuel consumption, me driving 8.9Ltrs/100Kms and Mrs Jas driving 9.1Ltrs/100Kms. I used cruise control quite often, Mrs Jas did until it got darkish, but she wore my brakes out somewhat also! I never knew that it was possible to hit nearly every red traffic light!

Now on the way up, we were early for the hotel, so I drove at about 80Kms/Hr for an hour or so and in Cruise Control... boring I know ... but I got an indicated 6.2Ltrs/100Kms.

So if you multiply my figures by X% (where X<1) you will get some idea of the WT fuel consumption.

Any help or not ... I don't know.

Fortuner Chiang Mai- Bangkok

80-85 averge it be near 13 per L or 7.7L .

But ofcouse Chiang Mai - Chiang Rai road its so many turn and up and down.

But for example Kalasin -Chiang Mai 3 time in past two week.

And its be all time different.

But averge speed its simmular 81-84.

1. Not so fast from Chiang Mai in the mountains( many trucks) so drive 60-90 in so many place but not many bracking. After in good road and not so many car 120-150.

Total 82 average speed and 12.7 per litr or 7.9l

2. Come back its be first many car many bracking drive 100-130kmph

In the montains be at morning, no car so drive fast almast 80-120

In total average its 84kmph and 12 km per l or 8.4 L

3.Last time go agaime from Chiang Mai.

In the montains not so fast but not have many trucks so 70-110 and after 100-140

Total average 81 kmph and 12.5km per l.

I say all this is because its can be different type even have simular averaged speed, same road , same car and same driver.

And I guess if drive 100-120 , not quickly acceleration and not almast braking in same distantion can have 13-13.3 km per litr with average speed near 80.

And if Top acceleration so many truck speed up to 170 some time so many bracking, can even be near 10 km per lotr.

PS

I unserstand

Ford Everest 3.2 need more fuel than Fortuner 3.0.(but its not vig dela/defference)

And both of these engine/car are far from the engine/car efficiency and effectiveness of modern German car.

;)

But we in Thailand and in Thailand all normal car expensive or not have. So use what we can

:)

Cheers

Wish for all clean road.

Here is some info on my EV (3.2L)fuel consumption ... gathered between BK and Chiang Rai and return.

I have now done about 4K Kms so know that my onboard computer is reasonably accurate. We averaged about 80Km/Hr driving back (just under 10 Hrs), so most of the time 100-120Km/Hr. Fuel consumption, me driving 8.9Ltrs/100Kms and Mrs Jas driving 9.1Ltrs/100Kms. I used cruise control quite often, Mrs Jas did until it got darkish, but she wore my brakes out somewhat also! I never knew that it was possible to hit nearly every red traffic light!

Now on the way up, we were early for the hotel, so I drove at about 80Kms/Hr for an hour or so and in Cruise Control... boring I know ... but I got an indicated 6.2Ltrs/100Kms.

So if you multiply my figures by X% (where X<1) you will get some idea of the WT fuel consumption.

6.2Ltrs/100Kms must be very good for a pickup, right?

Pink

6.2Ltrs/100Kms must be very good for a pickup, right?

Pink

The EV is the Everest of course. A WT should do better as it's lighter. BUT please note that was driving at 80Km/Hr in Cruise Control, which I did for a little over one hour as we were early and just wondered what it would do at that speed. Of course when you are old that speed seems quite fast......

fuel consumption depends on a lot of different factors so almost impossible to be right is saying a model does x or y..

remember years ago, Company I worked for had 2 brand new Ford Transits LWB and High top delivered, I had one of them... the Company looked at everything and was on a chart. at one of the 3 monthly meetings it turned out my Transit averaged 32 MPG, the other one 26 MPG. even a year later these figures had not changed

fuel consumption depends on a lot of different factors so almost impossible to be right is saying a model does x or y..

remember years ago, Company I worked for had 2 brand new Ford Transits LWB and High top delivered, I had one of them... the Company looked at everything and was on a chart. at one of the 3 monthly meetings it turned out my Transit averaged 32 MPG, the other one 26 MPG. even a year later these figures had not changed

Driver has a lot to do with it. My Father always taught me to be smooth - easier on all the mechanicals.

I think a lot of you with newer 3.2 motors will be pleasantly surprised once you run up the km a bit more and the engine has loosened up.

We get 8.2l per 100km shown on the dash with a BT50 3.2 4x4 and 124,000ish km on the clock.

Work and school run means we average 1000km a week plus and I typically refuel every 6 or 7 days.

Real world if I bother to do the math, we get 940km from 75 litres of fuel almost every time give or take.

This truck is at least 20% more efficient than our old Dmax 3.0 non-common rail.

Read any half decent pickup truck review or comparison between the top makes and models and the Ford Ranger has been the no.1 pick for the last 18 months. With the release of the PX2 last year it kept the no.1 spot with a host of safety features unavailable in any other pickup truck.

It seems like the only problem with the Ranger 3.2 is finding one. There's a shortage of 3.2 Everests at the moment I've heard this is the case with the Ranger as well.

I just placed on order on a 4X2 Dual Cab Hi Rider with the 2.2/6sp Auto, i test drove an Everest with the 2.2 and the throttle response was OK particularly between 1500rpm and 2500rpm where they develop peak torque. The Ranger should weigh at least 300-400kgs less than the Everest so it should be go quite well.

The new PX2 Mk2 2.2 has a little bit more power and torque than the previous version, advertised fuel economy with the 6 speed auto is 7.5l/100km, will test this out when we drive North in April.

It seems like the only problem with the Ranger 3.2 is finding one. There's a shortage of 3.2 Everests at the moment I've heard this is the case with the Ranger as well.

I just placed on order on a 4X2 Dual Cab Hi Rider with the 2.2/6sp Auto, i test drove an Everest with the 2.2 and the throttle response was OK particularly between 1500rpm and 2500rpm where they develop peak torque. The Ranger should weigh at least 300-400kgs less than the Everest so it should be go quite well.

The new PX2 Mk2 2.2 has a little bit more power and torque than the previous version, advertised fuel economy with the 6 speed auto is 7.5l/100km, will test this out when we drive North in April.

You might be disappointed initially, but the engine will gradually come to life the more it gets run.

You might be disappointed initially, but the engine will gradually come to life the more it gets run.

thanks for the heads up, i will make sure to give it a good the engine a good run for the first 500km's, vary the load and throttle input.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an update from my Getting A Car Project:

Im still looking around but not found a deal i like..and i also not shure what i want: New car, used car , a suv, a pickup, a mvp like avanza...i want a high ride.. Im a fresh driver in thailand, and i also drive very little before that...so im not a experience driver... Si i want:

Easy to drive and park

High and safe ride

Good deal / good economy car

Car will most be used 30 minutes ride to tesco 2-3 times a week and then on some longer trips now and then..

Feel free to share ideas and suggest cars

Pink

Here is an update from my Getting A Car Project:

Im still looking around but not found a deal i like..and i also not shure what i want: New car, used car , a suv, a pickup, a mvp like avanza...i want a high ride.. Im a fresh driver in thailand, and i also drive very little before that...so im not a experience driver... Si i want:

Easy to drive and park

High and safe ride

Good deal / good economy car

Car will most be used 30 minutes ride to tesco 2-3 times a week and then on some longer trips now and then..

Feel free to share ideas and suggest cars

Pink

How much you can spend ?

max is around 1.5 mill.....but im not shure if i should get a cheaper second hand first...or go for a better, newer car right away..im looking cars from 300k to 1.5 mill !

Pink

max is around 1.5 mill.....but im not shure if i should get a cheaper second hand first...or go for a better, newer car right away..im looking cars from 300k to 1.5 mill !

Pink

You are in luck ... I think ... you can get a Toyota for that money ...

I have a hard time to choose and find what i want..and a deal i like..

i have looked

New and used Toyota: fortuner, hilux, innova, avanza - Honda crv - Nissan Frontier, x-trail - Isuzu hilander, cab4, mux - Mazda bt-50, cx5, cx7 - Ford Ranger wildrax, ecosport, everest, escape - Chevrolet colorado, trailblazer, captiva +++

I decide im going for pickup the one day...then next i looking for a suv and then change to mvp..etc etc..then new, then used...Im looking cars online everyday...So i guess i will be bored when i finally buyed one hehe

Pink

Why are you now thinking of stuff that ain't a truck....?

What ever you decide buy new as you state you're going to keep it a long time, this way you will be sure of proper servicing and know it's history from the outset.

Any truck will be an easy drive with auto trans...

Trucks are not easy to park or drive on narrow streets?

What ever you decide buy new as you state you're going to keep it a long time, this way you will be sure of proper servicing and know it's history from the outset.

Plus you can sing Trucking Songs without looking daft.gigglem.gif

Plus you can sing Trucking Songs without looking daft.gigglem.gif
Well, some of us can!

Loving my new Ranger XLT Hi Rider 2.2/Auto, but big difference with the length of the vehicke to a normal mid sized sedan ( i traded a Honda CRV) easy parking it is not,vut the very light steering does help immensely. If your missus has no problems maybe she only drives in a straight line?

2.2 has plenty of punch low down where you need it, its not in the keast bit underpowered.

Having said that there is a good tuning shop in Bangkok that does a custom tune on the 2.2 Rangers and lifts power to 200hp and torque to 500Nm, which is on par with the 3.2.?

this way you will be sure of proper servicingblink.png

Even from Toyota?biggrin.pngtongue.png

i have looked

New and used Toyota: fortuner, hilux, innova, avanza - Honda crv - Nissan Frontier, x-trail - Isuzu hilander, cab4, mux - Mazda bt-50, cx5, cx7 - Ford Ranger wildrax, ecosport, everest, escape - Chevrolet colorado, trailblazer, captiva +++

I decide im going for pickup the one day...then next i looking for a suv and then change to mvp..etc etc..then new, then used...Im looking cars online everyday...So i guess i will be bored when i finally buyed one hehe

Pink

You have a lot of shopping?

Why not look sedan?

Why not Teana, Accord, camry?

second hand

http://www.taladrod.com/w30/iCar/CarDet.aspx?cid=1687616

its give youso many comfort..safety. big trunk.. etc

i have looked

Pink

where do you spend most of your time driving? Tight sois, moderate traffic, mostly highway, areas that flood, hilly areas, etc. Then what load do you expect to carry? coconuts, or just you an family?

If you have 300K-1.5M you do have a lot of choice in that price bracket. Buy new too, like others suggested. I think a mid size suv is the most vesatile - not too big, lots of room inside, easy to drive comfortable, powerful enough for hills and highways, good for flooded roads. The nissan x-trail hybrid and new cx-5 come to mind. I always worry about the wet season and not knowing whether I'm gonna get flooded out in my sedan on Changwattana from an afternoon downpour.

Most drive f30 minutes from village down to korat city to some markets and malls, then some beach trips etc with some extended family.. So im more into getting a SUV now...Like New Pajero...

Pink

Excellent choice, you will not be dissapointed.

Unless your friend has an EV...

I visited showrooms to look closer at Pajero, Everest and Fortuner...And i liked Pajero most.. I did not like the interior of Everest... Fortuner is ok, but i hate the solution with 3. row seats to fold up...But Pajero i liked all..and its a good value for the money.

Pink

Excellent choice, you will not be dissapointed.

Unless your friend has an EV...

I visited showrooms to look closer at Pajero, Everest and Fortuner...And i liked Pajero most.. I did not like the interior of Everest... Fortuner is ok, but i hate the solution with 3. row seats to fold up...But Pajero i liked all..and its a good value for the money.

Pink

Did you also enjoy the poor ride?

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

Archived