Truevisions hopeful of Premier League next season

delboy

Truevisions statement today

"We are in discussions with our partner BeIN Sports, seeking a sub-licensing contract for all media rights to telecast 380 live matches to TrueVisions' subscribers, as well as to True4U's audience. The negotiations appear to be constructive," Birathon Kasermsri na Ayudhaya, head of commercial and business development at TrueVisions, said yesterday.

more here

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/BPL-TrueVisions-looks-to-sub-licensing-30279543.html

If Truevisions obtain the rights I hope they can increase the number of HD channels.

The number of HD channels always seems to be a problem for them, at least for satellite subscribers.

They currently have 6 HD channels which Truevisions have control over.

The other Sports HD channels are for Fox Sports, Golf, etc.

They could need upto 8 Premier League channels on some Saturdays

I do, however, hope that BEin will allow True to screen the IMG Productions channel from the UK (CTH Stadium 6 at present) rather than their (BEin's) own punditry.

I also hope that True won't let their obsession with extensive live coverage of basketball, tennis and golf get in the way of their EPL coverage (live and recorded), like it did before.

But most of all I trust that we won't see any return of that geeky Thai guy with thick-rimmed specs who frequently intruded on the start of IMG news and "Football Today" programmes with his "big important announcements" in the previous True era.crazy.gif

I do, however, hope that BEin will allow True to screen the IMG Productions channel from the UK (CTH Stadium 6 at present) rather than their (BEin's) own punditry.

I also hope that True won't let their obsession with extensive live coverage of basketball, tennis and golf get in the way of their EPL coverage (live and recorded), like it did before.

But most of all I trust that we won't see any return of that geeky Thai guy with thick-rimmed specs who frequently intruded on the start of IMG news and "Football Today" programmes with his "big important announcements" in the previous True era.crazy.gif

I second that, I really enjoy the IMG Productions, "Football Today" and the like.....top-notch analysis by the crew and guests.

I second that, I really enjoy the IMG Productions, "Football Today" and the like.....top-notch analysis by the crew and guests.

For all their many and various well-documented faults CTH are, I think, at least to be congratulated on devoting 100% of Stadium 6 to the IMG channel. OK, it may have taken them nearly 6 months to get Stadium 6 off the ground in the first place, but, for a long time under the previous deal, True only broadcast IMG's News and "Football Today" programmes on their TSP1 SD channel (as interrupted by our geeky friend and his "big important announcements", of course). It was only during the final year of the previous deal that True finally got their act together as regards more extensive IMG coverage after launching their TSP HD2 channel - and, even then, this was far from 100% thanks to live basketball, tennis and golf events in particular, as I have already mentioned. So I only hope that history doesn't repeat itself under the new deal from the start of next season if True are sub-contracted by BEin.

For all their many and various well-documented faults CTH are, I think, at least to be congratulated on devoting 100% of Stadium 6 to the IMG channel. OK, it may have taken them nearly 6 months to get Stadium 6 off the ground in the first place, but, for a long time under the previous deal, True only broadcast IMG's News and "Football Today" programmes on their TSP1 SD channel (as interrupted by our geeky friend and his "big important announcements", of course). It was only during the final year of the previous deal that True finally got their act together as regards more extensive IMG coverage after launching their TSP HD2 channel - and, even then, this was far from 100% thanks to live basketball, tennis and golf events in particular, as I have already mentioned. So I only hope that history doesn't repeat itself under the new deal from the start of next season if True are sub-contracted by BEin.

Well said, we can only hope! Let's see what next season brings for us football-lovers...........

Good news IMO if True get the deal, provided they are able to screen at least 4 live matches at one time and that there is good replay coverage. I don't really care about all that punditry stuff on Stadium 6. Just give me the matches and I'm happy to turn the sound down if the commentators are bozos!

I know others have historically had problems with True. Had their Gold package for 6 years now and it has been a trouble - free relationship. My wife has always been able to contact them if we had a technical problem and it has always been sorted over the phone or by a reasonably prompt visit. I had to sort out an issue with them myself for our other package at my Bangkok condo a few days ago. The English speaking tech guy spoke very good English and explained the issue and it's resolution well. Never any billing problems.

The one problem I can forsee with them acquiring the BeIn proramming is that I'll have to put up with the myriad postings from the anti-True brigade (who have probably not had any experience of True for a number of years anyway).

Good news IMO if True get the deal, provided they are able to screen at least 4 live matches at one time and that there is good replay coverage. I don't really care about all that punditry stuff on Stadium 6. Just give me the matches and I'm happy to turn the sound down if the commentators are bozos!

I know others have historically had problems with True. Had their Gold package for 6 years now and it has been a trouble - free relationship. My wife has always been able to contact them if we had a technical problem and it has always been sorted over the phone or by a reasonably prompt visit. I had to sort out an issue with them myself for our other package at my Bangkok condo a few days ago. The English speaking tech guy spoke very good English and explained the issue and it's resolution well. Never any billing problems.

The one problem I can forsee with them acquiring the BeIn proramming is that I'll have to put up with the myriad postings from the anti-True brigade (who have probably not had any experience of True for a number of years anyway).

Bad news for you, though, surely - the end of your CTH "freeview" service?sad.png

Extract from the press release: "An exclusive deal is our ultimate goal, but at a reasonable price," he stressed, adding that a non-exclusive contract was also acceptable for TrueVisions"

A non exclusive deal could be True and another provider, CTH??

Extract from the press release: "An exclusive deal is our ultimate goal, but at a reasonable price," he stressed, adding that a non-exclusive contract was also acceptable for TrueVisions"

A non exclusive deal could be True and another provider, CTH??

GMM?

Well said, we can only hope! Let's see what next season brings for us football-lovers...........

As I did 3 years ago I'll probably wait 6 months for the dust to settle on the new deal before making any switch (if necessary). Hardly the "business end" of the new season which I'll be missing, and, in any event, it might be good to read about what lies in wait on here first.

That, of course, assumes that CTH don't continue covering the EPL under some non-exclusive arrangement (and go belly-up during this period in any case).

Archived