Was hot and smoggy in town today, so I headed up the mountain.

MaeJoMTB

The Hmong tourist village gardens were really pretty.

post-233622-0-87554100-1455803497_thumb.

The Bureaux of Monks, above the village (lots of steps up) have a new greenhouse

post-233622-0-37704600-1455803602_thumb.

And the buildings outside have a very peaceful mountain setting.

post-233622-0-19439800-1455803682_thumb.

We are very lucky to be living in such a beautiful place.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

The Hmong tourist village I have been to several times. How would one go to the Bureaux of Monks and the buildings outside? It looks very interesting and would like to go there sometime.

Edited by watgate

Absolutely. Did you go on your bike?

Nope, it was a 12Km jungle hike following this trail.

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=3391302

Great, thanks. I have friends from England visiting at the end of March. The teenage son is into hiking and they want to spend a few days in the CM area. Do you thing the smog will have cleared by then?

Smog! What smog? I saw it in China in Beijing on the way here. That was real coal smoke smog, that I have not experienced for over 60 years. Been going all over CM daily for nearly 3 months and not seen any. Only those market stall BBQ burners that is impossible to get away from. When visibility is less than 200 metres then that is smog, with the mist and smoke. The weather is too dry for conditions to create smog. Smoke or pollution haze is not smog. When there use to be smog in the UK over 60 years ago it was impossible to see no more than 6 to 10 feet in front of you in the damp winter months. Smog is smoke and mist!

Edited by metisdead
Oversize bold font reset to normal.

Smog! What smog? I saw it in China in Beijing on the way here. That was real coal smoke smog, that I have not experienced for over 60 years. Been going all over CM daily for nearly 3 months and not seen any. Only those market stall BBQ burners that is impossible to get away from. When visibility is less than 200 metres then that is smog, with the mist and smoke. The weather is too dry for conditions to create smog. Smoke or pollution haze is not smog. When there use to be smog in the UK over 60 years ago it was impossible to see no more than 6 to 10 feet in front of you in the damp winter months. Smog is smoke and mist!

If there were no smog, you'd be able to see what you were typing without having to enlarge the font and make it bold.

Lost of great places atop the Doi Suthep region circled by the 1096 and 1269 which form the Samoeng loop road. Many of these roads are now paved. Here is a forgotten viewpoint with a sala that makes a great picnic spot. Usually nobody there. I found this spot south of the 1096 turning past Pong Yang. Road is paved but steep and twisty in some sections. Go explore.

post-9366-0-12961600-1455996242_thumb.jp