Thai woman accuses former Taiwanese pop star 'Vic F4' of sexual assault

webfact

Thai woman accuses former Taiwanese pop star 'Vic F4' of sexual assault
By Coconuts Bangkok

vic_f4.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Thai woman held a press conference this afternoon where she claimed she was allegedly raped by Vic Chou, the Taiwanese actor and former member of boyband "F4," popular in the 2000s.

The woman, who only identified by her nickname "Pear," told the press this afternoon she had been raped and then ignored by the 34-year-old Taiwanese heartthrob, who previously was idolized by Thai teens.

Pear said she met Vic in 2009, and that they entered into a relationship a year later. "I knew Vic through a friend in Taiwan... we were hanging out... but then we started talking more," she said. "We met at a pub and we talked. Then we were texting. We didn't really get to see each other much."

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/02/18/thai-woman-accuses-former-taiwanese-pop-star-vic-f4-rape

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-02-19

I am missing something here,? she stated" he started slow" ," many times " "consensual ""no protection fell pregnant" behind closed doors,

ignored me , what is the motivation now loss of the relationship?, money,? I find it hard to grasp that fronting the press some how bolsters her claims,

Waiting for the responce from the accused, who no doubt will vigorously deny the accusations,( he said , she said , ) never stands up in court there is always doubt,

when i first started reading this i thought it was about an off chance meeting, not a souring of expectations,

Hummm, let me see now, immensely popular handsome K pop group, a pretty groupie, one of many thousands,

alcohol, may some drugs, raging hormones... no, I can't see it happening at all......

Edited by ezzra

Hummm, let me see now, immensely popular handsome K pop group, a pretty groupie, one of many thousands,

alcohol, may some drugs, raging hormones... no, I can't see it happening at all......

No doubt sex did take place... The contention here is if it's consensual..

Sex + payment = consent

Sex + no payment = rape allegation

Sex + no payment + rape allegation = payment = consent

Problem solved!

"Pear described how the alleged rape took place.

"He made excuses when I came over. He told me to sit at the bed. He told me to lie down but I wouldn't, so he started slow."

Pear had given an earlier interview with Amada World where she said she was “only raped at first” and seemed to imply that the relationship then became consensual.

"Honestly, we did it a lot,” she told Amada World.

“At first, you could say it was rape, but after two times, it was okay. Then I started to feel good about him. He was caring and nice. We didn't use protection."

normally i would give a rape victim the benefit of the doubt, but in this case, not so much.

Sounds more like lost face than reporting a rape tbh..... She finds out he has a new lover and then decides to sink the boot in..

either that or the cheque bounced. What is it with these women that come out with rape stories years after the event, did she report it to the police at the time ?

Lots of holes in this story. "“At first, you could say it was rape, but after two times, it was okay." So the guy 'rapes' you once, but you decide to meet up with him again ... then after the second 'rape' you decide it's now ok? I think someone should explain to this lady what rape is.

Seems more of a case of a girl working in a Thai disco overseas, meeting a former boyband star and 'catching' him, then getting dumped for a girl he can bring home to mom... followed by an attempt to publicly shame him for revenge. Quite a piece of work

Pear had given an earlier interview with Amada World where she said she was “only raped at first” and seemed to imply that the relationship then became consensual.

Now where have we all heard this before? Only every day on Thai soap operas. And to think feminists in Britain complain about living in a "rape culture"!

This is an insult to real rape victims. She was in a consensual relationship for years, and now that he decided to marry someone else and breaks up with her, she holds a news conference to accuse him of rape. She makes it more difficult for real victims to come forward. I hope he files defamation charges against her.

Weird how she is constantly playing with her phone during the press conference. Could be a comforter due to nervousness I suppose.

She wouldn't be the first person to be raped and then stay with the person due to the nature of previous relationship. Many rapists know their victims prior to their assaulting of them. There are many cases where the grooming has created a dependency culture between the victim and the rapist.

The rape may well have taken place but due to prior grooming/dependency the victim rationalises what happened and come to accept what is happening. Adam Johnson (English premier league player) is most likely about to go to gaol for similar case-albeit he exploited a 15 year old girl, so not exact in circumstances.

Of course I could be wrong. I, like everyone else, really don't know what happened.

Edited by Bluespunk

As other posters mentioned this doesn't help actual rape victims. It is cases like this that brings needless doubt to actual rape victim stories, who must undergo a grueling time and shouldn't be questioned whether she actually did it with consent or not. This childish woman should be deeply ashamed of herself.

To me it sounds more like a bitter, revengeful woman trying to squeeze out a bit of fame (and fortune?) from her past relationship. I am sorry your boyfriend ran away and you had a miscarriage, but why on earth do you want to make matters worse by going public and throw false accusations?

Maybe this is a Thai- thing and I don't get it,but...first he "raped" her and then she was okay with it and he was gentle and nice (raping her gently? Killing me softly?), then "We did a lot"...We? Did what? Rape each other?

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, does it?!

Edited by DM07

Lots of holes in this story. "“At first, you could say it was rape, but after two times, it was okay." So the guy 'rapes' you once, but you decide to meet up with him again ... then after the second 'rape' you decide it's now ok? I think someone should explain to this lady what rape is.

Seems more of a case of a girl working in a Thai disco overseas, meeting a former boyband star and 'catching' him, then getting dumped for a girl he can bring home to mom... followed by an attempt to publicly shame him for revenge. Quite a piece of work

Lots of holes in this story....cheesy.gif