FLR (M) PEO application

An update on my wife's FLR (M) PEO application which was granted yesterday. The appointment took about 2 hours from start to finish.

FLR (M) documents we submitted: (All originals)

FLR (M) application form (version 11/2015)

• passports (applicant and sponsor)
  • passport size photos (x2 applicant and x1 sponsor)
  • marriage certificate
  • English test certificate (BULATS)

Financial documents (as my wife is working we used her employment)

• payslips
  • bank statements
  • employment contract
  • letter from employer

We combined this with the income not from employment (house rental income), we will not meet the requirement if it just my wife's employment.

• tenancy agreement
  • 12 months bank statements
  • land registry

Accommodation:

• land registry
  • mortgage statements

Correspondence:

• 3 letters on joint names ( council tax, bank statements, water statements)
  • 3 letters on my wife's name only (NHS, dental appointment, electricity/gas statement)
  • 3 letters on my name only (insurance letter, NHS, TV licence)

We have also supplied photocopies of every document.

I know everyone has different situations but I hope the information will be helpful to those applying for FLR (M) this year.

Cheers and good luck guys...

Edited by blue72

PEO means Public Enquiry Office which is now called Premium Service Centre (thanks rasg)

Thanks,ajb1985. Our marriage contract doesn't need translation as it's already in english.(married in another country). We have seen the caseworker look through all our documents so I suggest that you submit translated documents. My wife was called once by the caseworker to confirm the rental income payment from the bank statements. It's better everything is covered.

Did you have to supply just the Thai marriage cert? Or do you need it translated?

Whether applying in person or by post, any document not in English or Welsh must be accompanied by a translation certified thus:

• confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document 
  • the date of the translation 
  • the translator's full name and signature 
  • the translator's contact details​

The translation used in the original visa application should suffice.

PEO means Public Enquiry Office which is now called Premium Service Centre (thanks rasg)

Thanks,ajb1985. Our marriage contract doesn't need translation as it's already in english.(married in another country). We have seen the caseworker look through all our documents so I suggest that you submit translated documents. My wife was called once by the caseworker to confirm the rental income payment from the bank statements. It's better everything is covered.

Did you have any trouble paying the NHS surcharge as they insisted this was paid before accessing the appointments system then said that there were no appointments available? In the end I paid it 4 times before getting an appointment and then had to get a solicitor to do it . Eight months later and I am still waiting for a response from the Home Office as to why they think that is acceptable.

So in may case it was a very expensive process.

Hi,

In our supporting docs I'm going to include my birth certificate. Do we need to include my wife's (Thai) birth certificate?

Also going to include my annual mortgage statement, do they need anything else with regards to accommodation? Apart from the numerous correspondence letters with our names.

Thanks.

Section 13 - Documents of form FLR(M) tells you what documents are required depending on circumstances.

Your full birth certificate, plus one other formal document as evidence of UK residence for at least the last three years, is only required if you do not have a passport; see note 10 in the above section.

Your wife's birth certificate is not required.

Mortgage statement is not required, neither is any other evidence of accommodation apart from the evidence of cohabitation as per the above section.