Is this university still accredited by the MoE?

lostinisaan

Hello and Sabai Dee?

I just signed up to upgrade my existing BA into a B.Ed through a university from the Philippines called "Ifugao State University".

On top of the registration form is also a contact address of St. Robert's Global Education. I know that this university was accredited by the Khurusapha, but times are changing.

Does anybody just recently receive a TL based on having such a degree? If that's still possible I might continue two more terms and go for a Master of Arts in Teaching Major in English, or Early Childhood Education.

Any useful input would be deeply appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance. wai2.gif

Hello and Sabai Dee?

I just signed up to upgrade my existing BA into a B.Ed through a university from the Philippines called "Ifugao State University".

On top of the registration form is also a contact address of St. Robert's Global Education. I know that this university was accredited by the Khurusapha, but times are changing.

Does anybody just recently receive a TL based on having such a degree? If that's still possible I might continue two more terms and go for a Master of Arts in Teaching Major in English, or Early Childhood Education.

Any useful input would be deeply appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance. wai2.gif

My uni lost its accreditation last year and the MOE has refused me a TL because of it. My uni was in the USA where I grew up. I was told that if the MOE can't verify it online in the lists of accredited schools then it is not accepted by them. Accreditation for schools is checked and changed accordingly about every 10 years. My old school lost theirs. I don't see how that would have affected me since it was accredited when I attended, but the MOE doesn't look at it that way. Your best bet is to look online to see if your school is still accredited.

IFUGOA University doesn't offer a B.Ed. online but if they do, it'll take 4 years to accomplish. So good luck, lostinisaan. Lost as always.

For other people interested in obtaining the TCT teacher license I would like to state that IFUGAO offers an equivalent of a Graduate Diploma in Education/ Teaching Profession. This program is accredited to get a TCT teacher license.

Oh.....lostinisaan, please don't comment that I am from the Philippines or Netherlands or Germany. Irrelevant!

IFUGOA University doesn't offer a B.Ed. online but if they do, it'll take 4 years to accomplish. So good luck, lostinisaan. Lost as always.

For other people interested in obtaining the TCT teacher license I would like to state that IFUGAO offers an equivalent of a Graduate Diploma in Education/ Teaching Profession. This program is accredited to get a TCT teacher license.

Oh.....lostinisaan, please don't comment that I am from the Philippines or Netherlands or Germany. Irrelevant!

Thanks, I'm really amazed how much hate you can spray in a few sentences.

Nothing matters except the mood of the person who gets hold of your application for the TL. No way to attach gifts or time it yourself. It's all a matter of him/her being hungry, in as I say a good/bad mood, general time of day, recent facebook posts being funny, etc..

From what I've seen, all Universities in the Philippines are in fact approved by the TCT. The list used to be only three, but that was changed about five or six years ago due to again, someone's mood. It seems he/she visited Manila and was told all the Universities were good and could provide English teachers to Thailand.

You should read the complaints about bars being closed on Monday, February 22nd, for the Buddhist holiday. The fact schools are also closed is applauded but the bars? Some can't live without them and the hate as you call it is astounding.

From what I've seen, all Universities in the Philippines are in fact approved by the TCT. The list used to be only three, but that was changed about five or six years ago due to again, someone's mood. It seems he/she visited Manila and was told all the Universities were good and could provide English teachers to Thailand.

Do you have a link to support this?

thailandteaching.asia/threads/lists-of-accredited-universities-by-the-office-of-the-civil-service-commission-ocsc.46691/

And below is the link to the OCSC's Philippines' list of accredited universities.

http://203.21.42.34/acc/search/internew/philippines.htm

Edited by aidenai

See how you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've personally seen the "degrees" of four Filipino's, all from different "Universities" or maybe it was a "College", in the Philippines. A fifth who needed a degree in Education simply went back to the Philippines and got it from "University" she had "graduated" from in a time frame of October, one month. Maybe it was a day, but got it over the October break.

They aren't making a mockery of the TCT, no, they are just taking advantage of a system which is set up in their favor and against people with real degrees and coming from native English speaking and taught in English, fully accredited Universities. Does the TCT do this on purpose? I honestly don't know. At first I thought so, but now I think they are just looking for the easiest way to get the day over with and their salary paid and justified.

"and coming from native English speaking and taught in English, fully accredited Universities."

So you are saying that the university is native English speaking and that the university is taught in English ?

Sounds strange.

Thank you for pointing out the error. I was typing it quickly, don't normally proof read all replies and posts.

I meant.....coming from a native English speaking COUNTRY such as England or the U.S.A., where the courses are taught in English, and said Universities are fully accredited as in not some bogus online this or that, but a brick and mortar long standing etc., University inspected by the various real accreditation organizations.

Is a BA from The Open University UK in Education Studies (Primary) acceptable as an education degree from the monkeys at TCT. The Uni is on their list for sure. Thanks.

"and coming from native English speaking and taught in English, fully accredited Universities."

So you are saying that the university is native English speaking and that the university is taught in English ?

Sounds strange.

Thank you for pointing out the error. I was typing it quickly, don't normally proof read all replies and posts.

I meant.....coming from a native English speaking COUNTRY such as England or the U.S.A., where the courses are taught in English, and said Universities are fully accredited as in not some bogus online this or that, but a brick and mortar long standing etc., University inspected by the various real accreditation organizations.

Is a BA from The Open University UK in Education Studies (Primary) acceptable as an education degree from the monkeys at TCT. The Uni is on their list for sure. Thanks.

The Open University is on the list of accredited UK universities under number 131.

Just apply for the teacher license and within a couple of week you'll hear whether your degree is accepted as education degree.

The Open University is on the list of accredited UK universities under number 131.

Just apply for the teacher license and within a couple of week you'll hear whether your degree is accepted as education degree.

Thanks Adenai. Now................ whats the procedure? I am currently under contract with 1 year left on my provisional licence. I have had two up until now.

Do I have to make the application through the school or just do it myself. I want to get it before the end of April as I am not signing a new contract. I have culture course cert from six years ago. Do I need a letter from the Uni even though I have a transcript? does it have to be stamped by my embassy? Thanks for any help.

Lostinissan, why don't you go for the teaching diploma from the same university? It's only an 8 months course where you have to attend 7 or 8 times.

I've signed up for this one already. Thanks a lot.

3 teachers here are doing the diploma. practically all online and they have sussed outthe tutors don't care if you go to BKK. if they do, they decide when to go

Looks easy as pie

Lostinissan, why don't you go for the teaching diploma from the same university? It's only an 8 months course where you have to attend 7 or 8 times.

3 teachers here are doing the diploma. practically all online and they have sussed outthe tutors don't care if you go to BKK. if they do, they decide when to go

Looks easy as pie

I did it last year. It is fairly easy but we had to attend classes.

Looks easy as pie

I did it last year. It is fairly easy but we had to attend classes.

Definitely fairly easy for some. We have one lady doing 2 peoples work on the computer in our office, and they now go when they feel like it. can't fault them though; at least they are trying something

• 2 months later...

You should read the complaints about bars being closed on Monday, February 22nd, for the Buddhist holiday. The fact schools are also closed is applauded but the bars? Some can't live without them and the hate as you call it is astounding.

I think it all depends of the circumstances in a Go-Go bar, where innocent visitors might get hit by a banana, or a Ding Dong ball.

Once, I've visited such an Establishment in Pattaya and saw an East German guy eating a banana that became airborne, shot out of a fossil....ehh pussied human being.

BTW, Khun Aidenai seems to be one of the few bright guys who ( usually) doesn't write useless nonsense.

I wish this forum would have more sincere people like him, even when he does say the truth from time to time. facepalm.gif

If we'd all agree to everything, life would be more than boring. And it might help some people to start to think before posting.

And the university is pretty cool, the fee affordable, you can pay let's say 5 K in monthly installments and when it leads to a TL, it's more than okay. biggrin.png

If you've got a BA in any field you only have to "study" two terms. One term's 27.5 K. Haven't seen a better offer yet.

I'll graduate in October and I'm more than happy that I went this way. The other option would have been too expensive for me.

Bruce, your posts are really deeply appreciated, please be careful when you're in danger getting injured by a wet and smelly Ping Pong Ball. thumbsup.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

I'm pretty sure this is the Diploma in Teaching!

It's a Diploma in Teacher Education ( only if you have a "real" BA in any field and only takes two terms, but they also offer a BA in education for degree- less foreigners..

There are so called "face to face classes" once a month on the weekend ( only one day, before it was on two days) and they even set up a course for the Dip Ed in Korat.

Whatever you choose, you'll be entitled for a TL and the workload is okay.

As far as I remember does it take 3 to 4 years to accomplish a BA in education. thumbsup.gif

Edited by lostinisaan