CSD raids home of former Rassada mayor's wife

rooster59

CSD raids home of former Rassada mayor's wife

post-247607-0-35394400-1455953125_thumb.

PHUKET: About a hundred officers led by the Crime Suppression Division this morning surrounded the house of former Rassada Mayor Suratin Lian-udom's wife, as the Central Investigation Bureau continues raids throughout the island.

Several suspects were apprehended after declining to be searched and resisting arrest.

Mr Suratin was not at home at the time and was not the apparent target of the raid.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/CSD-raids-home-former-Rassada-mayors-wife/63209?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-01-20

I wonder what's going in after this raid by the CSD and last weeks raid by the CIB on another mayor's home.

Is it a real push against the incumbent corruption, or just a new player in town ?

I think the latter......whether it's the governor or new head of the cops.....

PHUKET: About a hundred officers led by the Crime Suppression Division this morning surrounded the house of former Rassada Mayor Suratin Lian-udom's wife,

Wow it must be a very big house to need a hundred offices to surround it!

I wonder what's going in after this raid by the CSD and last weeks raid by the CIB on another mayor's home.

Is it a real push against the incumbent corruption, or just a new player in town ?

I was once told by an officer at the Ministry of The Interior 'Phuket, small province, big problem'. So who knows? I believe the real test would be if any of this results in prosecution/jail time. Unlikely.

Brother-in-law of ex-mayor arrested after standoff with CIB
Phuket Gazette

p.jpeg
Jompol Siriwan, ex-Rassada mayor's brother-in-law, was apprehended along with four other suspects. Photo: Chutharat Plerin

PHUKET: -- Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) officers swarmed the home of former Rassada mayor Suratin Lian-udom on Saturday morning during a standoff with suspected drug dealers (story here).

CIB officers were informed that those living in the home may be involved in an influential drug network on the island, confirmed CIB Commander Maj Gen Chatchai Eamsang. Officers from the Crime Suppression Division (CSD) 5 were called in for backup.

“When we arrived, two men were caught trying to escape. After questioning them, we learned that there were other people in the house with loaded firearms and drugs,” said CSD 5 Superintendent Phumin Poompanmoung.

“We attempted to negotiate with the suspects – which included Jompol Siriwan, the ex-mayor’s brother-in-law – and informed them that we had a search warrant. However, they locked themselves in the house.”

Family members of the suspects were brought to the scene to persuade them to surrender peacefully.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Brotherinlaw-exmayor-arrested-standoff-CIB/63219?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-02-22

The five men were charged with illegal possession of firearms and gang possession of Category 1 drugs with intent to sell. The drugs in their possession included ya ice (crystal methamphetamine), heroin and ecstacy.

Sounds like a supermarket for drugs.
Somehow missing the exact details of the found and seized quantities of drugs.