Where to find Red Horse Beer?

Shot

Isn't Red Horse originally a cheap and nasty beer from the Philippines?

Yes from the Philippines, no on cheap and nasty, stuff is quite o.k. there. Stronger than the San Migs.

Which makes me wonder, at 49thb for a big bottle of "imported beer", is it being brewed here, a la Carlsberg&Heineken?

Have to dispute you on that, though, the last time I had it was over thirty years ago.

Back then, I shoved it in the category that included Bintang, Singha and most Indian beers.

Quite o.k. KB, different strokes for different folks. In Bali I used to pull up a chair at a local pub on the Kuta main drag and drink ice cold Bintang drafts. So there ya go, I really enjoyed those.

Didn't have a Red Horse this last time in PI, but was drinking it on a trip there during last year's Songkran, sure, thicker,darker, stronger, might not be for all.

I'm going to look for it here though as with the Thai label on there I'll bet it's brewed here. That would make it some bunk for sure.

Isn't Red Horse originally a cheap and nasty beer from the Philippines?

Yes from the Philippines, no on cheap and nasty, stuff is quite o.k. there. Stronger than the San Migs.

Which makes me wonder, at 49thb for a big bottle of "imported beer", is it being brewed here, a la Carlsberg&Heineken?

It's brewed by San Miguel Thailand.

Each to their own. Personally I don't see the attraction of sitting in a skanky bar paying double for a prostitute's grubby fingers to open a bottle of beer.

I've no desire to listen to regurgitated bs offered up by sex tourists. Zero interest in their self promotion.

No empathy for sad losers with nothing original to contribute. Cliche, cliche, me, me, me...tedium personified.

No compassion for those with a holier than thou attitude to imposed their self appointed superiority and judgement on other peoples preference.

Good grief. Get a life.

Red Horse is a popular beverage for people that enjoy drinking a beer.

Add something original or don't bother.

Just saying.

I could understand some one coming on this forum to ask where they can buy a certain good beer, but, Red Horse?

Good grief!

My apologies, I didn't realize TV was so Hi-So. Perhaps KB can tell me where I can get a nice tin of Black Almas and a pack of Bud Lite.

Edited by Shot

Red Horse has a lot less alcohol here than in the Philippines. Use to buy on Tesco before, but price up and % down. So I don't bother any more. I think is was when they changed the tax to pay for the rice <deleted>...up.

Remember a crate of small Chang took a 20-30 % jump up at the same time.