Police arrest three more in Phuket ‘influential people, hitmen’ raids

rooster59

Police arrest three more in Phuket ‘influential people, hitmen’ raids

Eakkapop Thongtub

post-247607-0-20844400-1455978589_thumb.

PHUKET: Police this afternoon announced three more suspects arrested today (Feb 20) in an anti-crime blitz reportedly specifically targeting “influential people and hitmen” in Phuket.

In addition to the five arrested in this morning’s high-profile, heavily-armed raid in Rassada (see story here), two more suspects were presented to the press at the Tourist Police headquarters in Phuket Town.

According to the Royal Thai Police statement issued by Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) Commander Lt Gen Thitirat Nongharnpitak, his taskforce of 300 officers are currently in Phuket carrying out an anti-crime campaign targeting “influential people and hitmen”.

Today’s efforts targeted nine people, of whom eight were arrested, he said.

Weerawat Thanomkiat, 48, was arrested at a home in Tambon Kathu, where he was found in illegal possession of 14 rounds of .45-calibre bullets and nine 12-gauge shotgun cartridges.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/police-arrest-three-more-in-phuket-influential-people-hitmen-raids-56300.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-01-20

300 officers to arrest "Influential people, hitmen" and a photo of 8 doped up beach bum ski operators? Am I missing something?

"Police arrest three more suspects" - these three are on top of the 58 from the other day.

What surprises me is, out of the 300 officers, it appears none of them tipped off any of the targets, so they could avoid arrest.

Maybe they had to surrender their mobile phones, and were "supervised" the whole time, until the raids.

Hopefully some of them will actually go to prison.....

Meantime, the big guys continue doing what ever they want as they have "arrangements" here, there and everywhere.

Now the big guys have to find some more small guys to do their dirty work.

What to do ...What to do?

Such are the Trails and Tribulations of criminals and thugs

Cheers

This is becoming very interesting ... but will it amount to any jail time. I very much doubt it ... just big pay offs ...

It is easy to be skeptical here where all things change here but nevertheless remain the same, but my observation of the removal of chairs on beaches etc. and definite reduction in tourists on them in Phuket recently and in addition this recent round up of suspected crooks is encouraging and gives hope that things might indeed change. I suppose I shouldn't hold my breath?