Church's Texas Chicken - Anyone Try It?

zaphod reborn

Church's Chicken is a well-established fried chicken franchise and actually ranks 2nd in the US for number of fried chicken stores (behind KFC, but ahead of Popeyes and Chick-Fil-A). A few months ago they opened their first store in Thailand, at Central Westgate in Nonthaburi. http://news.sys-con.com/node/3594709 They plan to open 70 stores in Thailand, mostly out of PTT service stations and bump heads with KFC.

Found their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Chicken-at-Central-Plaza-West-Gate/1126931567320398?fref=ts

Would like to know if anyone's tried it yet. It's a haul to get to Westgate, because the trains don't go anywhere close to there, until the MRT Purple Line opens in August.

Edited by zaphod reborn

I have no idea how Thai restaurants control the quality of the actual chicken they buy. Your mileage may vary. But for actual recipes and what they are supposed to do.

#1 Popeyes

#2 Church's

#3 Chick Fil A

#101 KFC. (Junk.)

As much as I hate myself for this...Popeye's chicken is one of my guilty pleasures.

.....now let me slither off to my secret lab to try to recreate the recipe!

Hi,

I have eaten there and the chicken is much better than KFC. Not just the outside the main thing was the chicken quality

was much better. I had a Mexicana burger which had a really good tangy sauce. For me much better than KFC.

However not sure if it is worth a trip if you live in Bangkok.

• 11 months later...

Back in America I used to LOVE to eat at Church's Chicken, My (Thai) Wife also Loved it, Their Spicy is exceptionally good, And they always used Bigger chicken than the competition, We Rank them personally an EASY #1  with Popeye's a distant 2nd, and so forth. I hope that they will continue their quality here in Thailand, Although I have not been to one here, I will the second that I get a chance. Does Anyone know if they have opened one up In Udon Thani, or Nong Khai? I am actually between those 2 cities, and would Love to check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Have also a branch at Siam Kit at Siam square.
I posted in another thread about it already.
Tried a few times since then.
Definitely better than KFC...
Their spicy chicken is delicious and not so damn spicy as KFC where you only taste spiciness and nothing from the actual chicken or anything else.