Sunday slowdown?

dddave

Is it just me or do others in Bangkok find that Sunday evenings, the internet seems to run especially slow? It just took TV 10 minutes to load enough so I could scroll the entire forum list and open this section.

My phone running off the same WiFi is also very slow. Kodi?? Forget about it...zero.

I easily could be the terrible TOT landline my ADSL runs off of. Just wondering if others are experiencing the same thing.

Sunday evening is always busy - and tomorrow is also a school holiday so they may be up later than normal. But for people using True it sometimes helps to use Google as your DNS provider or use a VPN for connecting to this site. I am not having any issues on my ADSL connection.

It just took TV 10 minutes to load enough so I could scroll the entire forum list and open this section.

I might experience slowdowns but never that bad.

There must be something terribly wrong.

Opening TV is not such a high data volume task.

I neither live in Bangkok nor am I on ADSL (having ToT fibre).

Traceroute and ping to thaivisa.com show nothing bad.

Response coming from Singapore (Amazon web services/"Amazon cloud", ping time about 50 ms).

Edited by KhunBENQ

That'll be every expat parent in Bangkok indulging in the regular delusion that dangling the child in front of its grandparents on Skype for ten minutes is a substitute for actual interaction.

Didn't you recently start a topic asking if Thailand made people cynical?

OB

I'm on True DOCSIS (cable) 15Mb/1.5Mb plan here in Bangkok. All is fine for me.

Periodically just to ensure I have a good "local" connection and getting my 15Mb speed I'm paying for I will do a speedtest using the CAT or TOT speedtesters just so I not using the True speedtester. I just used the CAT Speedtester and below are my results....typical results for me...since True DOCSIS uses "bursting" I get an higher speed than what I pay for. But when trying to reach the TOT speedtester it just tries and tries and then gives me a webpage not available error which means usually means TOT servers are just overloaded.

post-55970-0-32124900-1456113687_thumb.j

I have 3BB 15mbs ADSL and I notice no difference in accessing websites on Sundays or in the evening.

However they do cap bandwidth at certain peak times and this is very obvious when downloading large files. No noticeable affect on anything that doesnt involve continuous downloading though.

Periodically just to ensure I have a good "local" connection and getting my 15Mb speed I'm paying for I will do a speedtest using the CAT or TOT speedtesters just so I not using the True speedtester. I just used the CAT Speedtester and below are my results....typical results for me...since True DOCSIS uses "bursting" I get an higher speed than what I pay for. But when trying to reach the TOT speedtester it just tries and tries and then gives me a webpage not available error which means usually means TOT servers are just overloaded.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Pib you have always commented on how "reliable" your connection is and I have long been envious. I have the same plan here in Pattaya and regularly experience very poor connection to TV - the last True technician that came out seemed to hint that they have issues with Singapore connections but that obviously does not affect you.

Sunday pm and later on Friday nights are often very poor generally and late last week service was out almost all day due to "improvements" - I have not seen any since then........

Trying to stream Saturday night EPL varies from just about watchable to waste of time.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Pib you have always commented on how "reliable" your connection is and I have long been envious. I have the same plan here in Pattaya and regularly experience very poor connection to TV - the last True technician that came out seemed to hint that they have issues with Singapore connections but that obviously does not affect you.

Sunday pm and later on Friday nights are often very poor generally and late last week service was out almost all day due to "improvements" - I have not seen any since then........

Trying to stream Saturday night EPL varies from just about watchable to waste of time.

Yea, my True DOCSIS/cable plan has been very good to me....like 99.9 plus reliability/uptime and rarely do I notice any slowdowns in my browsing, youtubing, etc. But I rarely stream live video. I expect a person's "local" area bandwidth is also a player.

Since Saturday evening until now as slow as hell again

Where? What provider? Example link/site.

Since Saturday evening? The whole week?

It's Saturday morning in Thailand.

It's so slow that when he clicked the Add Reply button last Saturday evening it took until this following Saturday morning to actually post. tongue.png Probably time to call his internet service provider.

Indeed, time to call the provider.

Nothing unusual this morning at my place (in the sticks, ToT fibre).

I hesitate to suggest the obvious:

already power cycled the router and the device/PC (Bill Gates fix)?

(on a visit at a friend I noticed that some assume they should not power off/on a router/access point)

Indeed, time to call the provider.

Nothing unusual this morning at my place (in the sticks, ToT fibre).

I hesitate to suggest the obvious:

already power cycled the router and the device/PC (Bill Gates fix)?

(on a visit at a friend I noticed that some assume they should not power off/on a router/access point)

Yea, the internet is fine in my neck of the woods here in western Bangkok also.

Last few days, real problem with TV. Pages wouldn't load fully, couldn't open topics. Yesterday and today, couldn't open links in "GoogleNews" like to stories in "Mashable" or "Huffington Post" yet could access those websites directly, no problem.

Happening on both Chrome and IE.

TrueADSL, Bangkok