House insurance...Fire. A rough cost?

mikey88

I know it a 'how long is a piece of string' question..

But can someone give me a ball park insurance figure for fire insurance from their experience.

It's a 2 story home. Upstairs wood...downstairs cement. 2 bedroom...small to medium home.

Thanks for any help....

It all depends on the value of the property and contents. My policy with AXA costs twelve thousand a year for a property not too different from yours. Remember that you are unlikely to be covered for floods after the disaster a few years ago!

I pay $12,000 baht for a 220 meter house. Insurance? Hah! I got $2,000 baht for repairs to my roof then paid out of pocket $8,000. I had a downstairs flood due to Home Pro's negligence and got $68,000 baht for $300,000 worth of repairs. Sure. Get home insurance but take all estimates for repairs and triple them. You'll still lose money.

I pay $12,000 baht for a 220 meter house. Insurance? Hah! I got $2,000 baht for repairs to my roof then paid out of pocket $8,000. I had a downstairs flood due to Home Pro's negligence and got $68,000 baht for $300,000 worth of repairs. Sure. Get home insurance but take all estimates for repairs and triple them. You'll still lose money.

That's a lot of dollar bahts.

Thanks all..

Anyone with experience or stories about complete loss...?

Can you insure for a fixed sum for complete loss....

Repairs I can manage myself....I just want to be protected if, heaven forbid, the whole thing was lost...

Thanks all..

Anyone with experience or stories about complete loss...?

Can you insure for a fixed sum for complete loss....

Repairs I can manage myself....I just want to be protected if, heaven forbid, the whole thing was lost...

Mine gives a lump sum for complete loss. Never had to make a claim...

QBE office is on east side of moat, next to DK Books, across moat from Mad Dog.

My AXA home owners insurance policy covers all kinds of liability including theft and fire etc, 6,700 per year. As said earlier the fact that it's a wood house may change things although I doubt it, I wasn't required to state the material or construction type when I took out the policy. FWIW I reckon the chance of fire is very small, I took out the policy mainly to indemnify me against any of my trees falling on neighbors property and causing damage etc.

My AXA home owners insurance policy covers all kinds of liability including theft and fire etc, 6,700 per year. As said earlier the fact that it's a wood house may change things although I doubt it, I wasn't required to state the material or construction type when I took out the policy. FWIW I reckon the chance of fire is very small, I took out the policy mainly to indemnify me against any of my trees falling on neighbors property and causing damage etc.

What a great policy , does yours really cover against your trees falling on the neighbour? I need one of those!

What a great policy , does yours really cover against your trees falling on the neighbour? I need one of those!

Yup, liability coverage is excellent plus it covers all manner of things that I probably wont need but for the price, it's silly not to have it.

A Insurance Brokers offers the policy through AXA, contact Peter At AA through this forum, he's excellent. EDIT to add, it doesn't cover the foundations of a house which can only be covered if they are inspected at the time they are installed, I think however the chances of my foundations burning down or being stolen are slim. laugh.png

Edited by chiang mai

Yup, liability coverage is excellent plus it covers all manner of things that I probably wont need but for the price, it's silly not to have it.

A Insurance Brokers offers the policy through AXA, contact Peter At AA through this forum, he's excellent. EDIT to add, it doesn't cover the foundations of a house which can only be covered if they are inspected at the time they are installed, I think however the chances of my foundations burning down or being stolen are slim. laugh.png

Great !

I'll post a photo of my trees and you will see why I need it!!!

Great !

I'll post a photo of my trees and you will see why I need it!!!

You show me yours and I'll show you mine. laugh.png

Try Tidtarin Insurance Brokers. They're at 67/3 Sripoom Road, thats inside the north side of the moat about half way between LA Bicycle and Nana Screw. The owner speaks good English and they've always been helpful in finding me the cover that I want rather than just serving up the standard offerings. I've not had to claim but would be pleased to have him on my side should the need arise. If you're dealing direct you won't save any money on the premiums here and the insurers couldn't care less if you take your business elsewhere, but they are less casual about pissing off someone who delivers a lot of clients to them.

They are on my map or dial 18.79524, 98.98924 into your GPS.

Edited by Greenside

Try Tidtarin Insurance Brokers. They're at 67/3 Sripoom Road, thats inside the north side of the moat about half way between LA Bicycle and Nana Screw. The owner speaks good English and they've always been helpful in finding me the cover that I want rather than just serving up the standard offerings. I've not had to claim but would be pleased to have him on my side should the need arise. If you're dealing direct you won't save any money on the premiums here and the insurers couldn't care less if you take your business elsewhere, but they are less casual about pissing off someone who delivers a lot of clients to them.

I agree with Greenside.

Another option is direct contact with Tokio Marine Insurance, they cover many insurance areas including house and contents, cars, life, pension plans. We recently took a 5.5 million house and 1 milllion contents policy, includes cover for floods and some other thing not always in such policies.

By paying for 3 years we got a sizable discount down to 9,1xxBaht per year.

Best contact is to a senior person in their CM office (she's a direct employee, not an agent) Khun Sunisa, speaks fairly good English, good listener, very focused.

- Mobile phone: <removed>

- E-mail: <removed - PM member for contacts>

Edited by Tywais
Phone and email removed as per forum rules

I agree with Greenside.

Another option is direct contact with Tokio Marine Insurance, they cover many insurance areas including house and contents, cars, life, pension plans. We recently took a 5.5 million house and 1 milllion contents policy, includes cover for floods and some other thing not always in such policies.

By paying for 3 years we got a sizable discount down to 9,1xxBaht per year.

Best contact is to a senior person in their CM office (she's a direct employee, not an agent) Khun Sunisa, speaks fairly good English, good listener, very focused.

- Mobile phone: <removed>

- E-mail: <removed - PM member for contacts>

PM me if you want phone / e-mail details.

• 4 months later...