Sex tourists who pay for prostitutes abroad 'should face prosecution in UK'

Boater

extra-territorial offences, its a slippery slope.

Extraterritoriality laws have long been a penchant of domineering governments. However, those types of laws are enforceable upon citizens of the domineering country once they return. I envision a law requiring people to leave toilet seats down in their own homes, even if their homes are abroad.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"End demand"?

The "demand" for sex is an integral part of normal human nature - it's the reason we're all here today, after all!

The only sure way to "end demand" is to extinguish humankind.................maybe that's what these cretins are campaigning for...............

This is a group of left wing, tree-hugging, bitter and twisted, face like the back of a bus, body like a bag of spanners, frustrated spinsters.

I'll give anyone a tenner for every right wing MP who supports this. I bet Corbyn does.

Apart from anything else, I'd say it was impossible to enforce.

Sad how we are still oppressed by antiquated laws based on antiquated religious texts moral codes. Only the human being put limits and laws on nature. Selling intimate companionship should not be a crime as it is a basic human necessity. In the world we live in now, there are far FAR better things the law enforcement community could be doing with their time. No kids, no slaves, no farm animals but, short of that, the market should be open for business.

Sad how we are still oppressed by antiquated laws based on antiquated religious texts moral codes. Only the human being put limits and laws on nature. Selling intimate companionship should not be a crime as it is a basic human necessity. In the world we live in now, there are far FAR better things the law enforcement community could be doing with their time. No kids, no slaves, no farm animals but, short of that, the market should be open for business.

No sad how the Brits are oppressed like this not every country has the same crazy laws there are quite a few countries that are way ahead of the UK and allow for prostitution among other things. Don't act like all countries are that backwards.

The Netherlands, Germany, Austria,Switzerland, Greece, Hungary, and Latvia) prostitution is legal and regulated.

I'm a bit confused... how did the oldest profession of humankind become so vilified? I can just imagine a caveman elder grunting at a fellow neanderthal who just gave a hooker a string of seashells for a bout in the cave corner, the elder going "gruhm gruhm....guhh guhh!" which translates into "I didn't get any from my woman today, why should you?"....and the answer is "gahh gahh grughh" wich means "ask your woman, I just boinked her".....

Edited by AlQaholic

No sad how the Brits are oppressed like this not every country has the same crazy laws there are quite a few countries that are way ahead of the UK and allow for prostitution among other things. Don't act like all countries are that backwards.

The Netherlands, Germany, Austria,Switzerland, Greece, Hungary, and Latvia) prostitution is legal and regulated.

it is not about the prostitution.it is about the not getting away with things that are not allowed to do in own country and done abroad.

Dutch people have an extra problem as one of the very view they can be prosecuted for things abroad if the it violates the Dutch law. Even though it is allowed abroad that face the change to be prosecuted back home..

It is illegal here already. I don't pay in the direct sense with my GF, though as a previous poster mentioned, we all pay one way or another. Do women pay? I'm sure there are some, and in a way I would be respectful of that and we'd be friends (passive of course since I'm a balding middle aged farang and not an exotic foreigner to them).

"some of my best friends are women" (but for getting laid costs money in some format or other).

Next thing you know they'll be taxing ex-pats...oh wait...

so if smoking marijuana is illegal in your country but you go to a country where it is totally legal and smoke,

you get prosecuted for breaking the law when you get home?

Isn't that the way it works here in Thailand, if you fly in from say, Amsterdam and then fail a drug test?

Only 11% of UK men have paid for sex?

The wife must have been looking over their shoulder as they ticked the "no" box.

I would like to see the percentage of MP's who have paid for a romp. All those long hours away from home working for the benefit of the UK during those long expense paid parliamentary sessions, hem hem.

If they bring this into the law books, will they be extraditing all the unmarried Brits who are supporting girlfriends and their families?

The BIBs would have a field day, lining up the Brits fifty at a time.

it is not about the prostitution.it is about the not getting away with things that are not allowed to do in own country and done abroad.

Dutch people have an extra problem as one of the very view they can be prosecuted for things abroad if the it violates the Dutch law. Even though it is allowed abroad that face the change to be prosecuted back home..

Sex with minors sure.. we can get prosecuted for it when we come back.. but that is common in other countries too. But its a far more liberal country as the UK.

British men who use prostitutes while abroad on stag parties should be prosecuted in the UK under new laws that make paying for sex illegal, according to a report backed by a senior MP.

Sex tourists and businessmen who pay for prostitutes on expense accounts would also be criminalised under the proposals in the Sex Buyer Law report published today.

The report, commissioned for the All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Prostitution by the campaigning group End Demand, says payment for sex in the UK should be made illegal and recommends Parliament “strongly considers” extending the offence to payments abroad.

Full Story here - http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/love-sex/sex-industry/sex-tourists-who-pay-for-prostitutes-abroad-should-face-prosecution-in-uk-a6888351.html

This is already implemented with US service members and employees where they can be subjected to prosecution if they patronize a prostitute. I am still looking in amazement as to how this law is enforceable. I just can't figure it out.

cheesy.gif End Demand ? Payment for sex illegal ?

Well there goes the institution of marriage for a start . And an end to alimony too. Clearly the members of End Demand have not been getting much of the greasy flagpole lately and hate the thought of anyone else getting something that they themselves have never had.

Might do better tackling the abundant supply.

I think you will find alimony is ok.

That is where you are legally forced to pay a woman with no sex involved.

Why is it in Europe they always place the onus on men to control their sexual urges when it takes two to tango? What about the women that willingly provide their services and make this all possible? Why during these business transactions are women considered the victims and men as the sexual predictors. If you try to place this on biblical values, Eve was just as guilty as Adam in committing one of the deadly cardinal sins.

Why say Europe.. this is the UK, I come from Netherlands, a far more enlightened country where prostitution is legal. Though of course it does open the door for forced prostitution and that is a bad thing. But to ban it just to stop forced prostitution is foolish.

I wonder if the UK will also make it so that they send out an SAS squad to break out any Brits that are caught gambling anywhere in the world. I mean gambling is legal and if they are going to interfere with other countries laws why don't go all the way.

As you are Dutch, I want to share a story. I had worked promoting international understanding through Sister Cities (Twinned Cities). One exchange brought a Dutch Mayor, his head of public security and police chief to Kentucky. I arranged for a meeting with the Kentucky State Police. Part of the meeting explained the budget where half the funds were used for marajuana suppression (Kentucky's largest cash crop, by the way). I pointed out that, while not a smoker, I could visit the Dutch Mayor's city, sit in a coffee shop and smoke a joint without causing any problem with the police. Something interesting to be discussed as I pointed out that Dutch society was not going to hell in a hand basket. I had previously suggested to my conservative Kentucky friends that if they were so opposed to paying personal taxes they could legalize pot and prostitution, regulate and tax them and the higher tax issues would be answered. My thought was not to be accepted in the "Bible Belt", much to my amazement!