British backpacker Grace Taylor missing in Thailand

webfact

This is the second person who in recent times has set alarm by making a "panicked" call to home.

Unfortunately those who are mentally unstable, or subject to "substance" induced paranoia will continue to cause uproar until such time as they are charged, bought before a court and punished by way of heavy fines/imprisonment for their behavior.

Further they should be banned from entering the Kingdom for at least 10 years.

A new low point has been reached on this forum.

This whole thread has been an eye-opener into just how crass and misanthropic some people here have become.

Couldn't agree more. It seems abundantly clear to me that this poor girl is unwell. Doesn't sound like any kind of substance induced psychosis to me and even if it turned out that it was, I would still have some sympathy. Certainly no hatred. She is a 21 year old girl for God's sake.

Who and where are these people that make such horrible comments. I never meet them in real life and I have lived in BKK for a long time.

Hopefully it is just some kind of bravado where cynicism is seen to equal worldliness.

With luck this poor girl's family are on an aircraft right now and therefore don't read the some of the comments in this thread.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the second person who in recent times has set alarm by making a "panicked" call to home.

Unfortunately those who are mentally unstable, or subject to "substance" induced paranoia will continue to cause uproar until such time as they are charged, bought before a court and punished by way of heavy fines/imprisonment for their behavior.

Further they should be banned from entering the Kingdom for at least 10 years.

A new low point has been reached on this forum.

This whole thread has been an eye-opener into just how crass and misanthropic some people here have become.

Misanthropic ?

What could be more "misanthropic" (antisocial, unsociable, unfriendly, reclusive, uncongenial, cynical," than a person who deliberately causes a "missing person" hunt ?

Most the posters on TV?

The young lady has some known mental health issues - she is of adult age and parents cannot fully control the situation ... can that be taken into context with all the blame flinging .. ?

Edited by JDGRUEN

The young lady has some known mental health issues - she is of adult age and parents cannot fully control the situation ... can that be taken into context with all the blame flinging .. ?

Where's your source of these known long term mental health issues? Because that isn't what we are hearing from the parents or any media.

Glad she was found.. Now off to Blighty to face mum and da. coffee1.gif

Was never "missing" !

She was definitely unaccounted for.. .

How does one keep track of a "back packer" 24/7 .

They are all "unaccounted for" unless "mummy" knows and can confirm their precise location at any one point in time.

Thankfully most back packers do not spark false "missing" person hunts with "panicked" phone calls.

Here is what really happened in the last 24 hours to find the missing young woman Grace Taylor. Beginning around 3:00 to 4:00 a.m about 30 British friends of Ms. Taylor signed up to be members of a Facebook Group servicing Krabi Province. At early morning many established members of this FB group started interacting to help locate her. ... Here is a short summation of the nearly 16 or so hours of fairly intense activity...

As Daily Operational Admin of the Krabi / Ao Nang Locals Groups I posted the following:

To all Krabi / Ao Nang Locals Members ... Concerning the missing young woman ... It was a great group effort that added information that lead to Grace Taylor being found today. The collective efforts of finding photos, reporting sightings, helping to notify relatives, getting the police involved ... What a great example of Networking. Earlier today - a member named Guillaume Tessier, spotted her at the Krabi airport. After that sighting was reported (although inconclusive) others started either going to the airport or calling contacts there. The Net Result... what ever follows from now on - it seems she is in safe hands awaiting family at the very least... Only good news to report and that makes for a Good Day... Thanks Everyone ...

She should be charged for wasting my time and that of the police.

critical thinking is not a skill you have mastered i see . she did not ask to be found or looked for , why should she pay ? you should pay me to point out your weakness in basic logic ..............

Waste of time reading this thread.

Another tourist of diminished responsibility. After watching that BBC series on Suwarnabhumi airport, my general opinion on humanity - not just British tourists - has taken a dive.

Stop reading it then!

Yes some tourists are pretty stupid! but we have all done some daft things in our late teens early twenties.

If you are still reading? being that your time is so precious!

Be thankful that you were obviously born a mature thirty year old, therefore never had the misfortune to screw up as youngster, hence can feel no empathy for a 21 year old kid in a fix or her worried parents.

Sounds like you must have been a hand full for your parents, and at twenty one no where in the world are you classed as a kid but am sure you know better.

im a man but when I was 21 I would not have travelled to somewhere like Thailand alone and for a young girl to do this I think your asking for trouble, hope they find her alive and well.

that is totally subjective - by 21 I and most of my friends had hitch-hiked to India Afghanistan or Morocco...some had gone on to Thailand and Oz, most were teenagers - and none had the luxury of credit cards or mobile phones....how safe you are depends at least in part on the person involved...not their age.

that is totally wrong. You are describing the time probably 50 or 60 years ago. At that time travelling was not as dangerous as nowadays. Even when I was hitch hiking through India, Pakistan and Bangladesh 30 years ago it was easy and I met a lot of nice people I am in contact still now. But....I never travelled alone. And I did not meet any girl without a partner.

And in this case it might have been a mistake for a good looking girl travelling alone.

That's quite a leap! Now she's a drug addict who needs hospitalization ?

Nobody, especially her parents said she was as a drug addict. It's possible to become a drug addict in one day??

News report is Thailand she was missing, she mentioned to her parents she was concerned for her welfare, it was reported she was disorientated and now she's show up at the airport she was headed for.

It could have been food poisoning from some bad salmon mousse.

Backpackers & drugs & alcohol are a recipe for disaster ................................................

She has been found .... but may need to go to a detoxification hospital if she's a drug addict.

probably a big night on the booze didn't help. Wasted resources as i'm sure Interpol and RTP have more important work to attend.

I could well be wrong... But I am given to believe that "binge" drinking or drugging, can be worse than straight out alcoholism etc

And given where and when this backpacker turned up... Bingeing is certainly not out of the question, and would account for an otherwise normal 21 year old to be showing symptoms as described

As to being a 21 year old female backpacker, alone in south east Asia... Stupidity..., read the damn media reports, people!

Even twenty years ago, a lone female traveler was high risk... All you old boys were probably out there backpacking around ( and come on... It was a different scene then) hoping to get raped by a group of wanton nympho's, so you could tell stories to your mates back at the home town pub.

But you all know quite well, there's rules... There's always been rules... Eg... Singapore in the seventies... Get a hair cut first.... Female solo backpackers... Don't do it!

Unless of course, you want trouble.....And we know trouble even finds those that don't seek it.... Anywhere in the world.

It seems she has been found unharmed..that is good news.

But this incident has made me think..

I never hear of American, French, Russian or backpackers from any country but Britton having such problems in Thailand!

Some have had serious problems ( murdered ) others raped, some missing and some just seem to forget to call home and cause a big stir.

What is it about young Brits( and their parents?) that put them in the headlines so often in Thailand and not the young of other countries?

Rather curious huh?

Most American don't own a passport or even know where Thailand is. If they teach geography in The USA, it must only be local.

Only to be found shortly after like that moron before her..

click bait............ coffee1.gif

never a single word of news on TVF about all good-meaning naive farang kids doing voluntary work in LOS. helping eg. orphans.

this site is dominated by cr@p...................

She should be charged for wasting my time and that of the police.

critical thinking is not a skill you have mastered i see . she did not ask to be found or looked for , why should she pay ? you should pay me to point out your weakness in basic logic ..............

Do you really think I was serious? I have a BSc in Maths so go talk about logic to someone else. Sarcasm is not understood by many from over the pond

So why does the guy who's wife is looking after her refute that she has a pre existing mental illness?

I refute it because it is not true, she has no pre existing mental problem (or Bi-polar disease that JD Gruen stated).

His 'this all started at 3/4am" is also inaccurate.

I think you will find that it was picked up on a Bangkok forum and posted/ updated by me on the 'Ao Nang Crew' at about midnight.

Immediately my wife rang me and explained she had seen her and had interacted with her in Ao Nang about 7pm.

Many phone calls were made through the night to both the RTP, English Police and her family.

Early this morning my wife went to the airport to look for this girl.

She realised she was probably the only person in Ao Nang that would actually recognise who she was.

This she did and found her, she was in an agitated state, but she managed to calm her down sufficiently.

She was in contact with Graces mother and spent the whole day looking after her. About 1830 today her uncle arrived and took over from my wife in taking care of her. They flew back to the UK about 2 hours ago.

Was this girl missing - yes

Did she need help - yes

Was she detained by the police - no

Was she taken to a secure unit in Krabi town - no

Is she a drugged up, bi-polar, attention seeking, crazy woman ? Most certainly not.

The RTP tried to help but there was a language barrier and I think they were unsure exactly how to deal with someone in her state.

The airport authority were helpful but also unsure how to proceed.

Thankfully the story has a happy ending due to the kindness and diligence of some local residents.

Grace is back with her family members and will be home in about 20 hours.

My wife and I are planning to visit them in the summer.

Edited by krabi local

If

So why does the guy who's wife is looking after her refute that she has a pre existing mental illness?

I refute it because it is not true, she has no pre existing mental problem (or Bi-polar disease that JD Gruen stated).

I think you will find that it was picked up on a Bangkok forum and posted/ updated by me on the 'Ao Nang Crew' at about midnight.
Immediately my wife rang me and explained she had seen her and had interacted with her in Ao Nang about 7pm.
Many phone calls were made through the night to both the RTP, English Police and her family.
She realised she was probably the only person in Ao Nang that would actually recognise who she was.
This she did and found her, she was in an agitated state, but she managed to calm her down sufficiently.
She was in contact with Graces mother and spent the whole day looking after her. About 1830 today her uncle arrived and took over from my wife in taking care of her. They flew back to the UK about 2 hours ago.

Did she need help - yes
Is she a drugged up, bi-polar, attention seeking, crazy woman ? Most certainly not.

The RTP tried to help but there was a language barrier and I think they were unsure exactly how to deal with someone in her state.

Thankfully the story has a happy ending due to the kindness and diligence of some local residents.

Nice try at "gloss"

If not "mentally ill" then what ? Emotionally disturbed? Attention seeking ? What exactly caused this woman to start a "missing person" hunt ?

Is this woman a female version of Jason Jacobs ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/12055094/British-tourist-vanishes-in-Thailand-after-telling-parents-a-man-would-not-let-him-leave.html

Did she need help - yes

did she looked Distraught ? NO

Was she loving the attention ? YES

post-242586-0-03296200-1456256188_thumb.

Many of the posts on this thread reflect the quality of minds here...... It was fairly obvious from the parents original statement about the phonecall, and the Thai police comments on finding her, that she is not well mentally. But to jump from that to alcohol... drugs... wasting police time.... is utterly mindless. Seems many here cant seem to join dots in a logical manner!

To the parents: I am glad she has been found, I wish her a speedy recovery, and apologise for what you may have read from armchair posters who seem to go from A to Z without any facts...

To Grace: please get well soon!

To the Royal Thai Police: maybe finding her wasnt so hard if she was blowing a whistle in the middle of the airport (to where it was known she was headed), but it seems you handled her paranoia of the Police well by passing her on to TAT rather than pushing the point. Respect for that! I might have chosen a psychiatric ward, but those are probably hard to come by in Krabi.....

I do believe there are a lot of posters on here who were hoping this young lady was going to be found dead.

Sadly their entertainment will have to be found elsewhere for the next few days.

berybert, i've only enjoyed her show 2 min , just the time to read the first report of her story and understood it as it is :

post-242586-0-89023800-1456257175_thumb.

Edited by silverado