Khon Kaen baby survives being buried alive

webfact

Khon Kaen baby survives being buried alive
By Coconuts Bangkok

baby1_1.jpg
The baby was rescued after he was buried alive in a 20 centimeter-deep hole. Photo: Toomtam The Star

KHON KAEN: -- A newborn was rescued after he was found buried alive in a field in Wangyai district of Khon Kaen province.

The person who discovered the baby, Kachit Krongyut, 53, said she was taking her six cows out to eat grass in the field when she heard voices. Then she noticed there was a spot that looked like it was recently dug up.

She felt the soil with her hand and to her shock, a baby's foot emerged from the ground. So she quickly called her family to rescue the baby and send it to hospital.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/02/24/khon-kaen-baby-survives-being-buried-alive

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-02-24

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so sad, there were so many other options instead of this, most heinous choice.

There are so many couples out there that would do anything to have the opportunity to raise this child.

I know that whoever did this was likely young, scared and confused but if the youth in this country was better educated about their choices in these matters then maybe this could be avoided.

We hear about this so often here. Yes, we do hear about this in the West too but everything that could be done to avoid this should be done and education is a good first step.

As an adopted child myself, I know there are many good homes and loving parents waiting and hopping to take care of a baby and would do all they can to provide a good life for it.

So glad the child is alive and well. Best wishes for your future little fella.

Shocking how anyone could do this to a defenceless baby this could only be done by an uneducated moron sorry but it just makes me so angry, so many other options available in the 21st century, dont want family use a condom go on the birth control pill but dont have a child then try to murder it, so wrong in all accounts just no excuse for this type of behaviour.

There are so many couples out there that would do anything to have the opportunity to raise this child.

I know that whoever did this was likely young, scared and confused but if the youth in this country was better educated about their choices in these matters then maybe this could be avoided.

We hear about this so often here. Yes, we do hear about this in the West too but everything that could be done to avoid this should be done and education is a good first step.

As an adopted child myself, I know there are many good homes and loving parents waiting and hopping to take care of a baby and would do all they can to provide a good life for it.

In every million mothers about 30 kill their baby, in the UK the rate of infanticide is higher than the adult murder rate. This says very little about Thailand, post natal depression effects mothers regardless of education and so we see these tragic things occurring the world over.

Shocking how anyone could do this to a defenceless baby this could only be done by an uneducated moron sorry but it just makes me so angry, so many other options available in the 21st century, dont want family use a condom go on the birth control pill but dont have a child then try to murder it, so wrong in all accounts just no excuse for this type of behaviour.

Infanticide is generally the result of insanity not stupidity. Do you really think stupid people kill babies? To be perfectly honest, your post is an example of something that could only have been done by an uneducated moron.

I agree 110% in what you say, also dont forget the same things happen in our own countries so its not new a scared young girl on her own and as she matures will probably regret this action for many years.

DELETED Obviously it is a mother with mental health issues.

imagine the guilt one must feel at some stage ? But it makes me wonder if this little bub was found and rescued how often this kind of stuff goes on and goes undiscovered?

edit> my gf showed me lots of pics on fb, lucky little guy, hope this means a life of full of good fortune for him

Thai Doctors Struggle to Save Baby Stabbed 14 Times and then Buried in Khon Kaen, Thailand

KHON KAEN – Thai Doctors have been trying to save the life of a new-born baby boy who was stabbed 14 times and buried in a rice field in a village in Waeng Yai district at Khon Kaen provincial hospital.

Dr Charnchai Chanvorachaikul, the director of the hospital, said Wednesday that the baby was admitted for treatment at the hospital at about 9 pm Tuesday night.

The baby boy suffers multiple knife wounds on the right side of the chest and abdomen and with a punctured lung.
Dr Charnchai Chanvorachaikul said doctors had to administer a respirator to help the baby breathe, a device to pump air out of the punctured lung and operate on his stomach.

Full story: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/thai-doctors-struggle-to-save-baby-stabbed-14-times-and-then-buried-in-khon-kaen-thailand.html

crt.png
-- Chiang Rai Times 2016-02-25

================

Stabbed baby boy found buried and rescued

KHON KAEN: -- Doctors at Khon Kaen provincial hospital have been trying their best to save the life of a new-born baby boy who was stabbed 14 times and buried in a rice field in a village in Waeng Yai district of Khon Kaen.

Dr Charnchai Chanvorachaikul, the director of the hospital, said Wednesday that the baby was admitted for treatment at the hospital at about 9 pm Tuesday night.

The boy suffers multiple knife wounds on the right side of the chest and abdomen and with a punctured lung. He said doctors had to administer a respirator to help the baby breathe, a device to pump air out of the punctured lung and operate on his stomach.

Dr Charnchai said the baby was still in critical condition with a 50:50 percent chance of survival.

The baby was miraculously rescued by Mrs Khachit Klongyuti, wife of the assistant village head of Ban Khornsawan. She later told reporters that she went to the rice field outside the village at about 4 pm and heard what sound like gecko squeaking from the foot of a eucalyptus tree.

She saw a newly-covered mound where the sound came from and started digging and found the baby lying with his face down. She then immediately rushed to baby to Waeng Yai district hospital and notified the village head as well as the police.

The baby was later taken to the provincial hospital as the Waeng Yai hospital was not adequately equipped to treat the patient.

An investigation was launched by the police to find out the perpetrator.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/152267

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-02-25

How unimaginably horrible. What horrible beast would have done such a heinous crime ? We don't know, at this stage, what circumstances would have led a person to commit such a crime, but in my books they have about as much humanity in them as the Nazi SS throwing babies into the furnaces.

This is one time I would support capital punishment. Man or woman, despite what ever perceived circumstances led them to do it. In this case I don't care too much for claims of insanity, that is the last refuge for many evil people.

Normally I do not click on sad posts like this, but for goodness sake people!! Speechless like many more I am sure. I can not read the whole story, sorry.

Please, all those people who write "Oh could happen anywhere" don't ok. This is a sad enough story without you "nice" people making it worse.

Some "civilized" countries have alleviated this crime against children by allowing for an abortion-on-demand where the Doctor tears the child's limbs off and crushes its head while removing it from the womb and selling the body parts...this is so much better...I have been told...

How unimaginably horrible. What horrible beast would have done such a heinous crime ? We don't know, at this stage, what circumstances would have led a person to commit such a crime, but in my books they have about as much humanity in them as the Nazi SS throwing babies into the furnaces.

This is one time I would support capital punishment. Man or woman, despite what ever perceived circumstances led them to do it. In this case I don't care too much for claims of insanity, that is the last refuge for many evil people.

I have been thinking more about this terrible crime. It is only speculation but looking at the damage done to this poor wee mite, the assailant could be a very young woman. Why, if a man wielded the knife surely with a man's strength the weapon would have done more damage, even one blow would have been done to the chest or stomach. But is seems to be a whole lot of little stabs. Each by itself not doing a great deal of damage, by evidence that the child is still alive.

My speculation: Very young girl, fallen pregnant, pregnancy hidden from parents, labor has come in a paddy somewhere, the baby cries and in a panic the girl makes feeble stabs at the child, possibly wanting to quieten it. Then in a panic buries it, in a shallow grave, not being able to dig a deeper one because of weakness.

Plausible ? I don't know, this story will haunt me until the assailant is identified. If this assumption is right and a young girl is identified, I certainly withdraw by comment about capital punishment. She will be in dire need of help. And where the s**t do you get that in rural Thailand.

Another sad day for humanity, there are 100s of 1000s people ready for baby adoption. Why not Government setup unwanted baby centers for accepting (With anonymous and privacy guaranteed) unwanted babies and giving them to new parents who are eligible to accept them(With per-registered couples who don't have baby or wanted for baby for genuine reasons, and government should make sure the adopted babies raised with a Father and Mother properly to bring them in the healthy world rather than gays and lesbians trying to grab it). This can reduce the social crime, and people who intended to kill the unwanted babies will think twice, and most cases they will change their mind and keep the babies back rather than giving up.

Every baby has a right live!

Oh my God!!!

Now they say this poor baby was stabbed 14 times?

How did they not know this when they initially reported this?

How could a human do this to a baby?

Usually a stabbing, especially 14 times indicates a crime of passion, such as a jealous husband or something along those lines.

Anyone that could do this to a newborn is not fit to walk on this earth.

I have been thinking more about this terrible crime. It is only speculation but looking at the damage done to this poor wee mite, the assailant could be a very young woman. Why, if a man wielded the knife surely with a man's strength the weapon would have done more damage, even one blow would have been done to the chest or stomach. But is seems to be a whole lot of little stabs. Each by itself not doing a great deal of damage, by evidence that the child is still alive.

My speculation: Very young girl, fallen pregnant, pregnancy hidden from parents, labor has come in a paddy somewhere, the baby cries and in a panic the girl makes feeble stabs at the child, possibly wanting to quieten it. Then in a panic buries it, in a shallow grave, not being able to dig a deeper one because of weakness.

Plausible ? I don't know, this story will haunt me until the assailant is identified. If this assumption is right and a young girl is identified, I certainly withdraw by comment about capital punishment. She will be in dire need of help. And where the s**t do you get that in rural Thailand.

There are many tragic, haunting stories to be told about rural Thailand.

You can't help wondering, however briefly, that this child has a specific unfulfilled purpose in life. At the very least this child has a burning will to live. Most adults would not survive this treatment much less an infant. One can only hope that he has not inherited the psychological disease(s) of the mother.

Normally I do not click on sad posts like this, but for goodness sake people!! Speechless like many more I am sure. I can not read the whole story, sorry.

Please, all those people who write "Oh could happen anywhere" don't ok. This is a sad enough story without you "nice" people making it worse.

I really do sympathise with your point of view... Truly

But... This can and does happen anywhere and everywhere, and as tragic as that is, or because it's so tragic, these occurrences need as much publicity as the public... That's US... Can generate

Those with gods, should prey... Those with influence, should weild that influence to highlight the blight that is infanticide... Whilst trying not to overly condemn the parent, who was probably in a state which western lawyers would claim to be "temporary insanity."

To do nothing is akin to complicity. So rave and rant and ensure the world knows of these things... It's perhaps a small step to stopping the practice... And a small step is better than no step at all

Some "civilized" countries have alleviated this crime against children by allowing for an abortion-on-demand where the Doctor tears the child's limbs off and crushes its head while removing it from the womb and selling the body parts...this is so much better...I have been told...

You have been reading to much Republican propaganda !!!! (this was already proven to be a lie !!!)

You can't help wondering, however briefly, that this child has a specific unfulfilled purpose in life. At the very least this child has a burning will to live. Most adults would not survive this treatment much less an infant. One can only hope that he has not inherited the psychological disease(s) of the mother.

for once, stupidity has saved a life. lucky the person that did this never learned about the human body. blame Thai education for that....

Archived