Honda Civic coupe

Cook my sock

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You musta had a special one as to my knowledge the S3 was integrated into the hatch and the S4 was a separate (but fixed) spoiler.

Happy to be proven wrong as my memory can be a bit hazy at times but a search o google so far brings zero results for auto pop up wing for the 928.

Edited by Don Mega

Spoilers are just cosmetic at under 200 kph. The Porsche one only popped up with a noise that made you jump at 125 MPH, they reckoned there was no effect under that.

Depends what the spoiler is intended to do. I would hasten a guess that most are to tidy up the air at the rear of the car to increase fuel efficiency rather than force the back end of the car onto the road.

[/quote. If it did they would slap em on every ride ,just Hoon stuff ,the one I had was on a 911 I'm now told ,did sweet FA for everyday use.

But that RS looks sick in black / grill painted black. Damn

Looks better in white with these 19 inch Alloys on.. This is what mine is going to look like with the Grill in black..

I'm Buying the RS but I'm not sure whether I like the Boot Spoiler so that could be taken off

I think the RS model will have the black front grill, judging from photos I saw. I doubt the boot spoiler would be much of an issue - It's small isn't it? You would need to ask the dealer about that, as I'm not sure holes are drilled into the boot to support it.

I know the American model the spoiler is just Glued on.. So I best get my warm soapy water ready ;-)

Btw bit gutted .. The RS looks like an absolute bargain and I'm picking the HRV up on Thursday

Look on the bright side and don't get conned by the all new model spin.

The Mazda 3 is better looking, no turbo lag and only 10hp less,

The Nissan Sylphy Turbo is more powerful and only slightly more boring to look at, judging by the pics.

You decided to go for the HR-V in preference to these, presumably you wanted a small cross over and not a sedan.

The Sylphy isnt available here, its not on the Nissan website anyway, and from the road test it struggles to reach 200 kph from a few U/Tube tests,a 1800cc Civic auto doesnt struggle that much.So theres only the Maz3 with any go as it stands.
It's a shame they don't call it an 'LS' version over here as it would be funny seeing Thai cars with the following name on them

SylphyLS

Btw bit gutted .. The RS looks like an absolute bargain and I'm picking the HRV up on Thursday

Look on the bright side and don't get conned by the all new model spin.

The Mazda 3 is better looking, no turbo lag and only 10hp less,

The Nissan Sylphy Turbo is more powerful and only slightly more boring to look at, judging by the pics.

You decided to go for the HR-V in preference to these, presumably you wanted a small cross over and not a sedan.

The Sylphy isnt available here, its not on the Nissan website anyway, and from the road test it struggles to reach 200 kph from a few U/Tube tests,a 1800cc Civic auto doesnt struggle that much.So theres only the Maz3 with any go as it stands.
It's a shame they don't call it an 'LS' version over here as it would be funny seeing Thai cars with the following name on them

SylphyLS

Kia C'eed is bad enough. I have to be careful when explaining what Honda I got too, the R sounds like an I if said too fast

It's good Honda Thai don't offer the U.S. Build you own system here. Most likely finish up with an Accord CRV ,with a Toyota engine

Many cars built here are built to order, just not for the Thai market. Probably not as many options as US/Euro/Jap manufactured cars though.