Honda Civic coupe

Cook my sock

Btw bit gutted .. The RS looks like an absolute bargain and I'm picking the HRV up on Thursday

Even more gutted if the hr-v comes with the 1.5 turbo at a later datefacepalm.gif Fortunately I'm not in the market for a couple more years...

being a small engine they should plop it into a jazz...170hp in one should be a cracker. But think that may come with their 1.0 turbo later on.

Edited by DavisH

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tubo lags old noncence with benzine engines ,the Yanks would have shredded the Civicif it had some in their road tests. I'd Prefer the new Accura though.[emoji3]

Really? almost did not feel turbolag only 6 liter diesel engine from Audi, only after the chip to 650 ph...

rolleyes.gif

What engine NEW not have turbolag?

Tubo lags old noncence with benzine engines ,the Yanks would have shredded the Civicif it had some in their road tests. I'd Prefer the new Accura though.[emoji3]

Really? almost did not feel turbolag only 6 liter diesel engine from Audi, only after the chip to 650 ph...

rolleyes.gif

All reports of the new civic shows the lag to be minimal. The cvt and dbw would contribute to that "slow to pick up" feeling as well.

rolleyes.gif

All reports of the new civic shows the lag to be minimal. The cvt and dbw would contribute to that "slow to pick up" feeling as well.

Yup, I'm definitely going to go test drive for myself, but not sure if they'll have a driver available this month. Shaping up on paper to be 2016 car of the year.

My last Tubo was a Toyo Supra twin turbo, but it didnt seem very fast compared to an older Sierras Cosworth that was a real fun ride. Memories. The U Tube Tests on the Nissan Sylph are useless, Thai Cup Holder reports, and back seat comfort rubbish as usual.

post-242372-0-03344400-1457156776_thumb.

Worked with a guy who had a Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4 - V6 Twin Turbo 4 wheel drive 6 speed. He finally sold it when his insurance company said one more ticket and we will not cover you any more. Nice car. Same as above but a deep Maroon color.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1456304136.163568.jpg

Just read the 1.5 litre does 0-60 in well under 7 seconds

I'm partial to two doors both cars and pickups. This Honda coupe in my opinion is the best looking car in Thailand. I could never have one because the roads here upcountry are not friendly to low slung cars.

I'm partial to two doors both cars and pickups. This Honda coupe in my opinion is the best looking car in Thailand. I could never have one because the roads here upcountry are not friendly to low slung cars.

Its not in Thailand and it is still unknown if it is even coming. Most likely not as Thai's don't seem to like 2 door cars.

Btw bit gutted .. The RS looks like an absolute bargain and I'm picking the HRV up on Thursday

Look on the bright side and don't get conned by the all new model spin.

The Mazda 3 is better looking, no turbo lag and only 10hp less,

The Nissan Sylphy Turbo is more powerful and only slightly more boring to look at, judging by the pics.

You decided to go for the HR-V in preference to these, presumably you wanted a small cross over and not a sedan.

The Sylphy isnt available here, its not on the Nissan website anyway, and from the road test it struggles to reach 200 kph from a few U/Tube tests,a 1800cc Civic auto doesnt struggle that much.So theres only the Maz3 with any go as it stands.

But that RS looks sick in black / grill painted black. Damn

Looks better in white with these 19 inch Alloys on.. This is what mine is going to look like with the Grill in black..

I'm Buying the RS but I'm not sure whether I like the Boot Spoiler so that could be taken off

post-145385-0-76188500-1457262264_thumb.

You should get out more.

Different strokes for different folks. I like the looks of that Honda coupe.

But that RS looks sick in black / grill painted black. Damn

Looks better in white with these 19 inch Alloys on.. This is what mine is going to look like with the Grill in black..

I'm Buying the RS but I'm not sure whether I like the Boot Spoiler so that could be taken off

I think the RS model will have the black front grill, judging from photos I saw. I doubt the boot spoiler would be much of an issue - It's small isn't it? You would need to ask the dealer about that, as I'm not sure holes are drilled into the boot to support it.

Spoilers are just cosmetic at under 200 kph. The Porsche one only popped up with a noise that made you jump at 125 MPH, they reckoned there was no effect under that.

Depends what the spoiler is intended to do. I would hasten a guess that most are to tidy up the air at the rear of the car to increase fuel efficiency rather than force the back end of the car onto the road.

Spoilers are just cosmetic at under 200 kph. The Porsche one only popped up with a noise that made you jump at 125 MPH, they reckoned there was no effect under that.

Porsche pop up at 70MPh.

Whilst I do agree in part that spoilers are useless on the flipside of that a correctly designed airfoil will provide down force at low speeds BUT.... Down force is a trade off, It will improve corner speeds greatly but at the detriment of top end speed and acceleration (Down force = drag).