Travel insurance for Thai

Thian

Cheers mate, will give it a try. Also will try if she can have the same insurance as me from Europe.

She called some company's here and they asked very high prices for a 10 days cover. Much more then i pay for a yearly worldwide travelinsurance (from Europe).

Not many Thai (compared to Europeans) travel abroad and take a travelinsurance i guess. I remember though that when my wife came to Europe she needed one or wouldn't get a visa.

I think a yearly continuous travelinsurance shouldn't cost more then 100 euro=4000 baht. I can easy find much cheaper ones for myself.

Cheers mate, will give it a try. Also will try if she can have the same insurance as me from Europe.

She called some company's here and they asked very high prices for a 10 days cover. Much more then i pay for a yearly worldwide travelinsurance (from Europe).

Not many Thai (compared to Europeans) travel abroad and take a travelinsurance i guess. I remember though that when my wife came to Europe she needed one or wouldn't get a visa.

I think a yearly continuous travelinsurance shouldn't cost more then 100 euro=4000 baht. I can easy find much cheaper ones for myself.

I agree with Kered. European insurance is the way to go. Embassy's here in Thailand have lists of excepted insurers but they are not cheap compared to companies in Europe. My yearly world wide was 125 sterling.

I agree with Kered. European insurance is the way to go. Embassy's here in Thailand have lists of excepted insurers but they are not cheap compared to companies in Europe. My yearly world wide was 125 sterling.

For European insurances you have to read the disclosures very well, some only cover untill max. 3 months in row. After being back in the homecountry you can leave again for 3 months.

I have one yearly worldwide unlimited stay for under 100 euro. It also has many extra's that i forget...like if you need to go home for emergency (parents died or something similar) they pay the ticket.

In case of accidents they offer free lawyers. And more extra's...

It seems that Thailand is very undeveloped for travelinsurances for Thai persons.

I pay US$150 for 1 years cover for multiple trips each not exceeding 60 days but you can extend the time for any trip by paying an additional premium.

I pay US$150 for 1 years cover for multiple trips each not exceeding 60 days but you can extend the time for any trip by paying an additional premium.

I had one like that for decades but always thought it covered me for unlimited periods. So i have been abroad for many months without insurance without knowing it.

When i found out about that i changed to another insurance which is even cheaper and has no limit of stay abroad.

Some creditcards (like the high-end VISA cards in Europe) also give that insurance for free, it's worth to take it only for the insurance. You get many extra's as well like access to loads of airport lounges.

But i'm looking for something similar for my wife. Her collegues even have no idea what a travelinsurance is.

• 2 weeks later...